• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly Chance in TWD upgrade

SPOILERS TO THE ONES WHO LIVE

Context of feat:

Calc of Pearl Thorne durability

Rick and Thorne can harm each other and should be comparable
https://youtu.be/RtkvtIigvU4?si=HqFi7dzCikG74Ui1

Michonne and Thorne can harm each other
https://youtu.be/vfTOC8AUwPM?si=35GN3P5CgozycLNf

1. Referring to this. And the fact that the small building level is not very suitable for TWD verse. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outliers

I think we can come to an agreement about small TWD upgrade. Maybe wall level+ or at least wall level+
2. Rick and Michonne and characters who scales from Micbonne (Governor can harm Michonne) upgrade to at least wall level+ or wall level+

Nuance
3.This is post CRM Rick and post timeskip Michonne . And we don't know how much stronger they become. But the they have clearly become stronger

4. You can suggest your options. We can discuss about this feat.

Yeah. I agree. I also did a calc of this explosion and got an almost similar result. And if we say that Thorne managed to escape and ran because she saw that Rick and Michonne were running from something, then this is not so, because when she saw General Beale, she was surprised and did not even budge and immediately there was an explosion.

I disagree with using 1.379 bars for the strength of the explosion. The after math makes it seem much lower.
I disagree, even from a several meter distance, the resulting shockwave of the explosion was strong enough to flip cars, send helicopters and container units flying, collapse metal structures, and kill everyone caught in the blast.

You can also see destruction and fragments getting thrown into the air and away from the epicenter of the explosion

I disagree, even from a several meter distance, the resulting shockwave of the explosion was strong enough to flip cars, send helicopters and container units flying, collapse metal structures, and kill everyone caught in the blast.

You can also see destruction and fragments getting thrown into the air and away from the epicenter of the explosion
Near the epicentre there were multiple things that weren't completely destroyed like a rusted car (Seen around 33 seconds). Lets also not forget that 3 tonnes worth of tnt would completely pulverise any wood within meters of it. Maybe I'm wrong though idk.

@Renitr What exactly is the issue here exactly?
1. As Vzearr has already said, why is the car close to the epicenter of the explosion not destroyed?
2. Is calc of explosion power itself done correctly?
3. Since the small building level is not suitable for twd verse (outlier) is it possible to give Pearl Thorne wall level+ durability?

Rusty's calc in the comments there seems fine
Even if it calc is correct. Then it probably can't be used. Because small building level is not suitable for Rick and other TWD characters.
In this thread Calculations of approximately the same power were presented as here and they were rejected due to the rules related to outliers. (At least that's what I think). I'm just new here and I haven't fully familiarized myself with all the rules yet.
Thread 'Massive TWD Upgrade' https://vsbattles.com/threads/massive-twd-upgrade.167226/

Even if it calc is correct. Then it probably can't be used. Because small building level is not suitable for Rick and other TWD characters.
In this thread Calculations of approximately the same power were presented as here and they were rejected due to the rules related to outliers. (At least that's what I think). I'm just new here and I haven't fully familiarized myself with all the rules yet.
Thread 'Massive TWD Upgrade' https://vsbattles.com/threads/massive-twd-upgrade.167226/
Because the characters didn't demonstrate the same level, and now Thorne has literally done it.

Because the characters didn't demonstrate the same level, and now Thorne has literally done it.
I advise you to read it.
Such a big explosion and such a great durability feat are shown for the first time in TWD verse. Before that, there only wall level durability feats. In a verse like TWD (which focuses closer to the real world), you can't just take and upgrade the characters to small building level based on one feat. To do this, the characters in TWD verse must repeatedly show their strenght or durability closer or similar to 9A.

In any case, I'm offering to wait for the administrators or more knowledgeable people. I think they will say their opinion.

I advise you to read it.
Such a big explosion and such a great durability feat are shown for the first time in TWD verse. Before that, there only wall level durability feats. In a verse like TWD (which focuses closer to the real world), you can't just take and upgrade the characters to small building level based on one feat. To do this, the characters in TWD verse must repeatedly show their strenght or durability closer or similar to 9A.
Hm, i never thought about that.

So, the feat is clearly an outlier... what is left to do here?
Maybe we can somehow agree on what the dirabilitity of Pearl should be high end of wall level? Maybe we can somehow agree on a wall level+ for Thorne and Rick?
Is it possible to downplay the tier of feat? (To avoid outlier)

Maybe we can somehow agree on what the dirabilitity of Pearl should be high end of wall level? Maybe we can somehow agree on a wall level+ for Thorne and Rick?
Is it possible to downplay the tier of feat? (To avoid outlier)
...I don't think you're allowed to "downplay" the tier of the feat, no.

Back