• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Chainsaw Man Scaling Crisis

So I finished Chainsaw Man last week. It was great. But I then looked through the profiles here. They kind of suck. Here's my proposal on how to fix them.

Attack Potency

First off Denji should be upgraded to Multi-City Block Level+, due to Makima, using a similar army of devils against Denji. We have no reason to assume that Power is on par with Hybrid Denji. So she should be unknown. Lastly a possible key split for Denji. Pre and Post Kishibe. Pre can be Large Building and Post can be Multi-City Block.

Speed

Base Quanxy and those who scale should be upgraded to Hypersonic, as the feat is preformed in base form.

Last edited:
What exactly makes you think the Gun Fiend is even close to the Gun Devil? Their feats are not even remotely comparable.

What exactly makes you think the Gun Fiend is even close to the Gun Devil? Their feats are not even remotely comparable.
Its the same devil in a different body. Even if Fiends are weaker than Full Devils it shouldn't be multiple tier below. That and the Bat Devil is pretty low on the scaling chain.
Bat Devil<Denji(Pre-Training)<Katana Man<Denji(Post-Training)~Reze

They were 8-B upscaling from the Bat Devil, I'm not sure what happened.

Its the same devil in a different body. Even if Fiends are weaker than Full Devils it shouldn't be multiple tier below.
This doesn't explain why you think the Fiend should downscale from its full Devil form.
We're already told they're explicitly weaker and the showings it performs are no where near the original Gun.
The Fiend would remain scaling to the High 8-C chain unless there's better reasoning for it to scale to Gun Devil

They were 8-B upscaling from the Bat Devil, I'm not sure what happened.
It was supposed to be High 8-C not 8-B, the upscaling to 8-C was arbitrary

Okay. Any thoughts on the Power thing?
Power should absolutely not be scaling to High 8-C for knocking around a 9-B and there's also no reason for her to be comparable to his Hybrid form, that rating needs to go.

Well come to think of it, Denji did defeat a Darkness Devil Powered Santa.
It was from a small piece of its flesh and he defeated her by using light from setting himself on fire to invalidate the buff darkness gave her

It was from a small piece of its flesh and he defeated her by using light from setting himself on fire to invalidate the buff darkness gave her
That wasn't how it worked. Attacks don't work against her if she's in the dark. It didn't negate any stats amps.

That wasn't how it worked. Attacks don't work against her if she's in the dark.
Although that's what is stated that isn't exactly the meaning that was being conveyed, her regeneration became far faster and almost instant and she could instantly recover from any damage dealt on her by Denji, Makima or Quanxi
It didn't negate any stats amps.
When she's no longer in the Dark or cover of Night she loses her Darkness buff🗿
https://imgur.com/a/BDJ6vky
"Will get her regeneration slowed down or fully halted in case she gets her entire body lit on fire."

I disagree with this revision. It was explicitly stated that devils take over the bodies of humans as a last resort to survive and become fiends, and that fiends lose a significant amount of power after becoming fiends. Makima clearly managed to overwhelm the Gun Devil using her army of Devils and possibly her own power, forcing him to take over the body of Aki to survive. I guess I agree with Power not scaling directly to Hybrid Denji since there's never been any evidence she's comparable to him and they've never fought together.

We have no reason to think that the Gun Fiend is even remotely comparable to the Gun Devil.

I got rid of the 8-B scaling because it was bogus and just made all the 8-B's 7-C(now 8-A+ due to calc changes)
bogus.jpg

This is true. However we do know that Denji is somewhat comparable to Makima, who killed the Gun Devil.
It's been stated on her profile that Makima is physically High 8-C. It's only with her powers that she's 8-A+. Besides, we know too little about the battle between the Gun Devil and Makima to know how much she actually fought or how many times she died. We clearly saw that she had an army of Devils and others fight it, but that's it.

Denji isn't even comparable to Makima to begin with. She physically stomped him and the scans are on her profile.

It's been stated on her profile that Makima is physically High 8-C. It's only with her powers that she's 8-A+. Besides, we know too little about the battle between the Gun Devil and Makima to know how much she actually fought or how many times she died. We clearly saw that she had an army of Devils and others fight it, but that's it.
The fact that she uses hybrids to fight Denji instead of powers tells me a lot.
Denji isn't even comparable to Makima to begin with. She physically stomped him and the scans are on her profile.
He cut her up multiple times, its only because of her contract she didn't die.

Chainsaws have insane amounts of piercing damage. Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said they were durability negation.

Chainsaws have insane amounts of piercing damage. Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said they were durability negation.
They would have to be. If Denji wasn't physically comparable then he couldn't cut her. He also eats multiple hits, and harms those who harm him.

They would have to be.
Incorrect. You can cut someone in half with a chainsaw without being physically comparable to them, and the assertation that you need to be as strong as someone to cut through them with a bladed weapon is objectively false.
He also eats multiple hits, and harms those who harm him.
She literally blows a hole through his stomach and proceeds to effortlessly rip out his heart.......

She didn't really do any of that. Both were "comparable" and Makima only didn't die about 4 times because of her immortality

After multiple hits.
After like 4 hits to his stomach. It's not a lot.

Also thank you for not even bothering to address the upper part of my post, I'll take it as a concession.
She didn't really do any of that. Both were "comparable" and Makima only didn't die about 4 times because of her immortality
Piercing damage. Read before you type things you don't know about.

Frankly, she's allowed to be reckless because of this, Denji isn't above her an any capacity just because he can cut someone who doesn't care about being cut.

Frankly, she's allowed to be reckless because of this, Denji isn't above her an any capacity just because he can cut someone who doesn't care about being cut.
Are you in agreement that Makima holds physical superiority over Denji?

Piercing damage. Read before you type things you don't know about.
Piercing damage is a bullshit excuse. A lot of times those chainsaws worked more like a punch. At best you could say that both are comparable, but that Makima is a little stronger, but no "Wow, stomp hard".

I'm not. That was your whole damn post.
...You literally didn't address more than half of my argument above, genius.
Piercing damage is a bullshit excuse. A lot of times those chainsaws worked more like a punch. At best you could say that both are comparable, but that Makima is a little stronger, but no "Wow, stomp hard".
Incorrect on several levels. Even if Denji was making a punching motion to attack the piercing properties of chainsaws would still apply to the attacks, you can say "he was punching" but that doesn't change the fact he has enormous ******* chainsaws shooting out of his limbs. The entire point of chainsaws is to be good at cutting shit where you don't need to apply much physical strength to begin with.

Meanwhile Makima literally blew a hole in his torso in less than 5 hits, and ripped out his heart. To pretend like she doesn't have a large physical advantage over Denji is both incorrect and disingenuous.

You could say Denji's durability is comparable to Makima's physicals because of that, yeah, but in terms of actual strength they aren't comparable.

Even if Denji was making a punching motion to attack the piercing properties of chainsaws would still apply to the attacks, you can say "he was punching" but that doesn't change the fact he has enormous ******* chainsaws shooting out of his limbs. The entire point of chainsaws is to be good at cutting shit where you don't need to apply much physical strength to begin with.
It is still simply an chainsaw. You need to apply the force of your arm for it to cut something, there is no absurd difference of strength. Literally in the same fight Denji damages Makima with a normal kick, without any chainsaw
Meanwhile Makima literally blew a hole in his torso in less than 5 hits
I counted 13 attacks

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure that Makima uses her telekinesis here. Even if she didn't what reason would she have to hold back?

Back