• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential "Tags" for Fun & Games threads

Antvasima said:
I don't think that I should ask about the following topics, as content revision discussions should preferably simply add the main affected pages, and only 4 of them are allowed.

Hax Revisions

Power Revisions
Well, normally those (to my knowledge) tend to include the main character(s), the verse page and "denotable" characters involved, which sometimes can look messy if you ask me.

Those tags are meant so such topics get a sort of highlight so they are attended better and without having to bump them for weeks, especially for threads about "inactive" or to-be made for the wiki profiles like Jimmy Neutro (Which doesn´t even have a verse page), Hello Kitty and Arthur Read (also in development for the site from scratch)

Outside of that, yeah, such tags are fine to be added as of right now, as more will likely be added as needed.

There would be too many and too unspecified entries for both of those options, and they would recurrently take up room from the more specific topics, so I disagree.

Let´s see what others think in that case. These two should be at least kept in mind if this idea shows to get useful results.

The rest seems to be accepted, however.

I think you can go ahead and ask Fandom about this, more tags will likely be added in the future as needed, then again.

The Fandom staff has replied. They are not able to create topics without connected pages. We have to create empty pages ourselves in order to do so, and I am not sure whether or not that would be a good idea.

Well, I suppose that might be an idea.

However, we would have to place a note in each of them that clarfies that they are only created for the sake of the forums, and that no new such pages are to be created without asking the bureaucrats for an evaluation first. Otherwise we would end up with a lot of pointless empty pages being created.

So the following to start with then?

Off-Topic

Friendly Discussion

Image Sharing

Role Playing

Non-Serious Battles

Are you willing to handle it? I am going to bed now.

It would probably be good to add a "Forum Topics Pages" category at the bottom of the pages as well, for improved indexing purposes.

Antvasima said:
It would probably be good to add a "Forum Topics Pages" category at the bottom of the pages as well, for improved indexing purposes.
That´s a pretty great idea TBH, it definitelly should be applied as soon the pages are made.

Or I guess you could have "Fun Match-Ups"

Ryukama said:
Or I guess you could have "Fun Match-Ups"
It would confuse new users, so the current one is likely better as it wouldn´t really be taken as something else, especially considering "actual" Vs. Threads often are quite fun, which is self-explanatory regarding your idea.

If it's a "Fun" one in the Fun and Games no one is going to mistake it for being a serious match up.

Quite a good amount of new users (As in, very new users) aren´t even aware of the board in a proper way TBH, and preventing it by doing this minor thing surely would avoid needless effort.

I agree with Bobsican in this case. The topics should preferably be as hard to misunderstand as possible. My apologies Ryukama.

I will try to get the time to create these topics pages later today.

Feel free to add the new topics to all the appropriate threads in the Fun & Games forum.

Can we make a "lists" tag? It would apply to things like the "for every tier" threads which are really prevalent here.

Also we are still allowed to tag the involved characters in a non serious battle thread right? Just want to make sure.

A lists thread topic is fine to create, but the page must follow the exact same pattern as the ones I linked above, and be admin-locked.

You can tag the involved characters, yes.

I really think the pages themselves should also have a description for what they were meant to be used for in the forum, by the way.

I'd rather if we don't be specific with what the tags have be used for. They give a good enough general idea on what they can be used for from just their names alone.

Though I won't argue strongly against adding descriptions if that's what others want.

I mean, not adding a description would make some tags like the "Lists" tag be taken to use for something else, making them a mess over time.

It also doesn´t hurt to have a description, after all.

Okay. If somebody writes good suggestions for text descriptions for each of the pages, I suppose that I or Andy can insert them.

Here are the ones that we need:

Off-Topic

Friendly Discussion

Image Sharing

Role Playing

Non-Serious Battles

Lists

Well, the OP already brings a decent description for all of them but the "Lists" one.

I´m sure they´ll need some rewording, however.

Is somebody else willing to refine the description text segments? I am extremely busy.

Back