• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Nullification for Danny Phantom

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I was wondering, should Danny Phantom have Power Nullification?. In the first episode of the show "Mystery Meat", Jack Fenton states the Fenton Thermos is suppose to trap ghosts but it doesn't work. At the end of the episode we see Danny cover himself in his energy and put it into the thermos. It then fires Danny's energy and grabs The Lunch Lady and pulls her in, and the energy negates their abilities which is why they can't break free and it literally breaks their form down.

This means Danny's energy has some level of power null. Danny isn't simply powering the device either because in the same episode, Jack tries to use it and it makes the same sound but doesn't shoot anything. This means the Fenton Thermos is using Danny's energy to grab the ghosts, neg their powers and pull them apart. The thermos justs keeps them locked up. This is actually consistent with Dan's Ghostly Wail which caused permanent damage to several of Danny's enemies that they couldn't heal from.

Their are also other cases with ghosts having power nulling energy. In episode 6 of season 1 "What you Want", Desiree slammed Danny on the ground and covered her hand in energy and it negated Danny's intangibility so this isn't something uncommon in the series. If accepted, this will scale to Dan Phantom and Dani Phantom. I'd also like to point out that is a different type of energy Danny uses compared to his normal Ghost Ray's so this will not give all ghosts resistance to powernull and it is out of character for Danny to use this type of energy in combat.

If the Themos is meant to work as blaster that grabs away the ghost it targets, then it's iffy to pretend that what Danny does isn't powering the device without any proper indication of the contrary IMHO.

'Sides, isn't that Sealing anyways?

The beam is negating their powers and breaking their from down. The thermos is locks them in. It's sealing, but the beam is powernull.

Also, Jack has shown that the Thermos charges but it has nothing to capture them with. Danny's energy is what it is shotting and grabing them with but if more people disagree then it is what it is.

What Power exactly? The only that comes to the top of my head would be Intangibility, which in this cases generally passes of as Non-Physical Interaction.

Just rewatched the scene. He does aims it at Jasmine and tries to shoot her, so the thing is indeed meant to be a blast and work as such.

LordGriffin1000 said:
but if more people disagree then it is what it is.
Just expressing a though. I'm not into this Verse, so I shouldn't be taken that into account in this type of discussions.

Their very form is nothing but a manifestation that are conjuring and holding together so it's negging their Body Control. Yes, it is ment to blast but it has nothing to shoot which means imo, it's using Danny's energy that he put into it which is why it can grab them so Danny's energy is what's causing the effect.

Your input is valid as you have a legitament argument. It could just be powering it up and nothimg more. It just looked like Danny's energy is the thing effecting them from my point of veiw.

Back