• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power Nullification Question

Refer to the title. There's one thing about Power Nullification that I would like to get clarified to me please. And thats the extent of which it goes when nulling powers.

So say for instance, Character A has power nullification as an ability and is fighting against Character B, who is able to manipulate time on a multiversal scale. Multiversal time freeze, time reversal, time acceleration, etc. And Character A is able to negate Character B's time hax, which allows Character A to negate time hax up to a Multiversal scale.

Now, Character C comes along afterward to battle Character A, and this time, Character C is able to manipulate space on a Multiversal scale. Not time, space. Would Character A be able to negate Character C's hax, even if it is a completely different hax ability? Or does the ability not matter but rather the extent of which it opperates at?

Would appreciate some feedback on this please.

Depends how A's power null works, lot of dudes can just cut people off from their own shit or do something else that wouldn't be specific to the abulity

Yeah it's more so a case by case scenario. Like Kharn's powernull would probably work on other haxxes because his powernull works as a way to test the fighter's skill instead of their abilities. While IDW Shadow's powernull probably only works on entities that utilizes chaos energy since he has only shown cutting off Metal's supply of it.

The way you describe it seems like the null has to directly contend with power and its potency, instead of being able to simply disable the mechanisms of the power

In that case the null should require separate feats for cancelling spatial manipulation

I can't really think of any power null that's limited to specific powers that doesn't have that sort of explanation spelled out in verse.

I'll be more clear on what im asking incase its confusing.

What im asking is if someone can powernull one hax on one level (like Multiversal Time hax), does the level they null at carry over to all other haxes they can negate (Spatial Manipulation on a Multiversal scale)? Or do they need seperate negation feats for other haxes?

It depends on the mechanics of their nullification. All the power null I really know of is blanket "no abilities at all" or "cut off from your own powers" stuff, and I don't see why that wouldn't work on any random hax. You got an example of some power null specific to certain abilities?

Back