• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Powerful to the very core": Chaos Emeralds additions (Plus a minor fix to Sonic's inteligence)

Hello, for a while we have been lowballing the boost one receives with a Chaos Emerald by simply adding the power of their minimum power showed with itself, well i found a new way to scale the boost given by looking into the IDW comics and now i am here to propose said new method

The Method​

Scan: Tails when explaining the functions of the Fake Emeralds he compares them to the Power Cores' function to power Eggman's robots, saying how they are "more potent" than them, and since we already accept Power Cores as 2x multipliers individually, this obviously makes the Fake Emeralds upscale from them, and since Tails in the same phrase explains how the Fake Emeralds are "cheap" and "woefully underpowered" in comparison to the real things, so naturally, the Chaos Emeralds massively upscale from them, so what is the proposal?

Proposal​

Chaos Emeralds >>>> Fake Emeralds > Power Cores (2x power multiplier)
This is clear from the scans above, but make no mistake, we will still add on the minimum of High 4-C we currently use for the characters, we will just add the 2x/8x multiplier to it as well, mind you, this is still a lowball given the statements we have, but it is a lesser lowball than what we use currently

here's the Sandbox of the current Powerscaling blog with these proposals

Minor Sonic inteligence fix​

i can't believe i missed this in my last revision, Sonic scales way above Emerl in skill, who is an Extraordinary Genius combatant in his profile, so Sonic should be as well, minor stuff i missed, sorry 😬

well, now discuss

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about chaos emeralds having a flat multiplier of any kind when people and objects in the series get drastically different increases based on quantity of emeralds, their emotions and their skill with chaos energy.
I don't necessarily disagree wholly with the idea but would like more proof that just having an emerald boosts you by a set amount no matter who's holding it like the power cores.

I don't know how I feel about chaos emeralds having a flat multiplier of any kind when people and objects in the series get drastically different increases based on quantity of emeralds, their emotions and their skill with chaos energy.
I don't necessarily disagree wholly with the idea but would like more proof that just having an emerald boosts you by a set amount no matter who's holding it like the power cores.
2x is simply a minimum and massive lowball via upscaling, so that problem is kind of already solved

Why would that be the minimum though. Just because chaos emeralds have way more energy then power cores dosent mean they function the same way.

Why would that be the minimum though. Just because chaos emeralds have way more energy then power cores dosent mean they function the same way.
when the things that have the same wavelenght and properties as them are directly compared to the said Cores, then i think it does in this case since a direct comparison is made

it would be a minimum because something said to be what they are, only incredibly inferior, is compared and said to be superior to them

when the things that have the same wavelenght and properties as them are directly compared to the said Cores, then i think it does in this case since a direct comparison is made

it would be a minimum because something said to be what they are, only incredibly inferior, is compared and said to be superior to them
I think there concern isn't with that being the minimum power of individual Emeralds, but that being the minimum power an Emerald user can channel. Since it could be superior to the Power Cores, but someone still couldn't utilize that much power from the Emerald if they suck at channeling its power Not saying I agree with this statement, but I think it's what they were getting at.

Minor Sonic inteligence fix​

i can't believe i missed this in my last revision, Sonic scales way above Emerl in skill, who is an Extraordinary Genius combatant in his profile, so Sonic should be as well, minor stuff i missed, sorry 😬
I feel that characters such as Knuckles, Shadow & Omega should also possess Extraordinary Genius battle intelligence

Ya that's part of it but my concern is that chaos emeralds are different objects and simply having a higher power level dosent mean they grant superior boosts to power cores 100% of the time. Overall I just think it's a leap in logic.

Ya that's part of it but my concern is that chaos emeralds are different objects and simply having a higher power level dosent mean they grant superior boosts to power cores 100% of the time. Overall I just think it's a leap in logic.
they are different objects that are compared to Power Cores directly in superiority, them being diferent doesn't mean much when a direct comparison is made

they are different objects that are compared to Power Cores directly in superiority, them being diferent doesn't mean much when a direct comparison is made
That comment tails made only means the chaos emeralds have more power than power cores.

It dosent mean that lone chaos emeralds have superior power bestowal by default as that's a different thing unrelated to their energy supplies.

That comment tails made only means the chaos emeralds have more power than power cores.
You just agreed with the thread

It dosent mean that lone chaos emeralds have superior power bestowal by default as that's a different thing unrelated to their energy supplies.
The power boost they give when being harnssed was what Tails was talking about in that scene, it does mean that they have a superior stats amp as their inferior copies are said to be superior to Power Cores

Point Tails make is, Power Cores and Chaos Used to power Eggman's Robots(which is what their multiplier comes from, it being harnessed) < Fake Emeralds (as in the same phrase he said how they are superior to the Power Cores while talking about its properties to power up beings) <<<< Chaos Emeralds

I dunno why them having a minimum is a problem now when we already have them having one for the scaling already

eh, i dunno about that, combat inteligence wise at the very least Sonic is said to be the greatest
True, but Shadow and Knuckles are consistent rivals to Sonic to this day. In regard to Omega, he stalemated Gemerl, who is just a better Emerl & on top of that fought Sonic to a standstill as seen in his combat IQ section

True, but Shadow and Knuckles are consistent rivals to Sonic to this day. In regard to Omega, he stalemated Gemerl, who is just a better Emerl & on top of that fought Sonic to a standstill as seen in his combat IQ section
eh fair

I don't have a problem with using a 2x multiplier as the minimum. The intelligence adjustment seems fine as well.

Hang on, why exactly would this be a 2x multiplier plus the High 4-C rating?
the High 4-C is the rating of the Emeralds without amping anyone, aka without using the multiplier, as it is stablished that they need a user's thoughts and emotions to do that, when empowered by one, that minimum AP would obviously be applied, but alongside the statements we have about the multiplier, that would be boosted by it, since it is the Emerald's Power + the boost a user gives with its thoughts and emotions

that is the reason Silver Sonic in Sonic 2 8 bit is purely scaling to the minimum value, since it isn't a machine with thoughts or emotions to boost it above the minimum value

I can't help but be concerned about the staff consensus of this being a 2x minimum boost not aligning with Omega's actual proposal that the boost is adding the High 4-C value from the calc plus a 2x boost

I can't help but be concerned about the staff consensus of this being a 2x minimum boost not aligning with Omega's actual proposal that the boost is adding the High 4-C value from the calc plus a 2x boost
Didn't omega mention that's the rating without any amps and then the 2x is the minimum addition when amplifies?

And I'm not sure how to interpret you concerns about me... Are you saying I'm ignoring something or?

This is clear from the scans above, but make no mistake, we will still add on the minimum of High 4-C we currently use for the characters, we will just add the 2x/8x multiplier to it as well, mind you, this is still a lowball given the statements we have, but it is a lesser lowball than what we use currently
This is what he said, and I suppose in fairness, the High 4-C part doesn't exactly mean much when amplifying characters that scale well above that (like the 4-A characters, for instance). I suppose my issue lies in the idea of taking both of these instead of choosing one or the other

i explained this already, maybe i wasn't clear enough?
the High 4-C is the rating of the Emeralds without amping anyone, aka without using the multiplier, as it is stablished that they need a user's thoughts and emotions to do that, when empowered by one, that minimum AP would obviously be applied, but alongside the statements we have about the multiplier, that would be boosted by it, since it is the Emerald's Power + the boost a user gives with its thoughts and emotions

that is the reason Silver Sonic in Sonic 2 8 bit is purely scaling to the minimum value, since it isn't a machine with thoughts or emotions to boost it above the minimum value
if staff found it lacking i would be ok with quickly re calcing the sandbox with the values, altho i don't see a problem with it, seems logical to me

Last edited:
Sorry for taking a while, will only be able to apply this tommorow(maybe, will see hoe my day plays out)

Thanks everyone for helping out here

I know I have no place here, but I was jumpscared seeing E. Genius on Sonic's profile now and decided to look into it. The edit that listed Emerl's E. Genius didn't really have a CRT attached to it for me to look at, can someone re-direct me to the CRT that agreed upon E. Genius Emerl?

I also heard that E. Genius cannot be reached based on experitise in one area alone, but tbh I don't really care about that. Also heard that X amount of experience isn't enough to count for much

apologies for the necro

Back