• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So thanks to our good friend, Captain Torch, the Pre Timeskip Characters now have a 7-C feat, due to Gray produces that huge Ice Wall in the Oracion Seis Arc

Calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Captain_Torch/Gray's_Huge_Ice_Wall

This likely isn't an Outlier, because we have the 8-A's and then the Low 7-B's in the First Arc, with the 8-A's becoming 7-C's, it wouldn't intersect with any of the scaling of the characters at all, in fact, it fits perfectly into the chain

So I propose this

All the 8-A's should scale to be 7-C's

All the people who backwards scale from the 8-B's should be High 8-A's

and the First Timeskip 7-C's should become 7-C+'s

This is a large Upgrade for the early series, and needs to be dealt with

Another thing that I wanted to mention a long time ago.

Honestly, Gildarts and Hades should both be 7-A in tenrou. I'll explain why right now:

Gildarts should be 7-A, because it was stated that Jura in GMG would even be a match against Gildarts, implying that Gildarts >= Jura. And since Jura is 7-A, then so should gildarts be.

Hades scales to that because he was the strongest wizard in that arc. Gildarts was a match to Bluenote, and we know that Hades is above that. So basically:

Hades > Gildarts >= Bluenote.

Which means that base Hades would be 7-A, and him with his "demon eye" should be "at least 7-A".

Now, this also scales to LFDM Natsu in Tenrou, since Natsu matched base Hades, and almost beat him, if not for the "Devil's Heart"

TL:DR

Bluenote, PreSkip Gildarts, LFDM Natsu and Hades should be 7-A

Another thing to note.

We scale Laxus to Low 7-B, because his power was used in Natsu's LFDM roar on Tenrou. The problem is, duel elements in FT have been shown to work as fusions, a.k.a being far higher than the character they got their power from. A good example is Gajeel getting Rogue's power, and obtaiting Iron Shadow mode and being >>Rogue, from whom he got his powerup.

Jellal was Low 7-B for dealing with Dragon Force Natsu, who is supposed to be "superior to his LFDM". The problem is, Natsu's LFDM in Tenrou was his peak LFDM. It matched Hades, who story wise was implied to be >>> Jellal. Which is why Natsu's Tenrou LFDM > Natsu's Dragon force, a.k.a Laxus, Jellal, Zero and Dragon Force Natsu(preskip) should all be "at least 7-C, likely higher" via scaling to Gray.

I disagree with making them 7-A, Gildarts from the first Timeskip is 7-A, but not before, and I doubt those characters could handle a Mard Geer, DF Natsu, or Post Timeskip Laxus, making them 7-A, would be too inconsistent, so I disgree with the Idea, that these characters should be 7-A

When Makarov was refering to Gildarts, he was definetly thinking of PreSkip Gildarts, since he wouldn't even know Gildarts's PostSkip strength, since gildarts left. Besides, Gildarts didn't even grow post-1-skip, so there's that.

The overall scaling is like this tbh:

DF Natsu = Etherious Mard Geer > Base Mard Geer > Devil's Eye Hades > Base Hades = Tenrou LFDM Natsu > Jellal = PostSkip Laxus = Gildarts >= Bluenote = Jura

Gildarts was said by Makarov himself to be as strong as Jura, and Jura was a match for Laxus/Jellal. Given that Gildarts had the rank of the strongest FT wizard, and throughout the story was implied to be one of the strongest, this makes sense.

And? Multiple characters have calc results that they are actually above. Dragon Acno destroying Tenrou Island resulted in city level+, and yet he is multi-continent.

Same here. GMG Base Natsu > PreSkip Base Natsu >= PreSkip base Gray = Town level via calc

I mean, Max is preskip Natsu level, a.k.a Town level, and GMG base Natsu can stomp him so... pretty sure a "likely higher" should be used.

Wait wasn't that anime filler only? Even so he can still have an At Least cause we don't know how much stonger he's gotten thanks to Gray's calc and u don't need a A higher tier or Likely Higher to stomp someone

Nah, it was in the manga.

I was pretty sure "likely higher" is used when the character in question is capable of stomping another character of the same tier, no?

No iirc it's basically saying that they know that he/she is stronger but they still can't get a read of it hence they get "Likely higher"

What chapter was Natsu vs Max?

EDIT: Gray is 7.32 KT which is close to baseline and we already know that u can be in the same tier and still be stomped so if the Natsu vs Max isn't filler then for all we know Max a bit higher and still stomp (we don't really know how much stronger he's gotten) so the way I'm seeing it is that even if Base Natsu is stronger, he could very well be just 7-C in general

That's what I want to say though cause I was gonna agree w/ the At Least but then Gray 7-C is a tiny bit above baseline so that means that Base Natsu could also be just plain 7-C

I really disagree with all those characters scaling to 7-A, for one, when Hades fought Laxus, he thought that Laxus=Gildarts, or that they were around the same level, and Laxus got FAR stronger from Tenrou to the GMG, if he was originally compared to Gildarts, then why would Gildarst be 7-A, as well when Makarov compared Jura to Gildarts, he made a rough gestimation on their strengths and such, stating that they would be comparable, whether he was refering to current Gildarts or Pre-Timeskip Gildarts is unknown, as well Franmalth with Hades Soul, is comparable to Hades, a lot of people don't believe this, but it is true, Franmalth literally said it, Tataros's Nine Demon Gates at their peak are Low 7-B, LFDM Natsu's best feat is Low 7-B, Gildarts best feat is Low 7-B in the pre timeskip, it is far more consistent to keep the pre timeskips at Low 7-B, a lot of people believe Hades is one of the strongest characters in the verse, believe me, he is strong, however from the GMG on, he isn't top tier anymore, not even close, he isn't in the same ballpark as Mard Geer, DF Natsu, x791 Jellal, x791 Laxus, and x791 Jura, Gildarst x791 form should be added as 7-A, however it is more consistent with feats to leave him at Low 7-B in x784

as for x791 Base Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and others, I agree they should be At least 7-C

I agree with this and also it would solve the tier jump from Dragon Force.

Yeah but how do we even know that they could be at At Least? if they a tiny bit above baseline then there would be no way they could be At Least. I honestly agreed to the At Least cause I thought Hray was way above baseline but that's not the case

Well nvm the it isn't filler 😂 but it still doesn't change the fact that Gray is a TINY bit above baseline and we don't know how much stronger Max is to overpower Natsu so it still stands that Base Natsu could still be 7-C

BlackeJan said:
Yur looks at the wrong key my dude
You are right, BlackeJan. The point is that Natsu Dragneel should be comparable via Powerscaling since he could damage and defeated Laxus Dreyar so it would better to rated as Likely Low 7-B. Otherwise, even if helped, damaging Laxus Dreyar is an outlier for 7-C to Low 7-B since the Attack Potency at minimum differ by 17.5 (7-C) * 10 (Lowest Low 7-B)= 175.

That was literally PoF right there cause he even tried to go against Laxus 1v1 later on in the series and got 1 shotted. It still doesn't make the difference that Base Natsu could still be plain 7-C cause of Grays AP lvl

My Dragon Cry Calc, had quite a few mistakes, so I redid it properly to make sure that calc is done correctly, anyone can look at it

Edit: For some reason I can't post links at the moment so it is the one on my blogs listed as Dragon Cry Calc Redone

I guess that we got to wait!

P.S: I can't even write your username above, wow!

I just don't believe Levy and Base Max scale to 7-C, they should be behind them, and since the 7-C's are basically Baseline, the 8-B's should scale to 8-A

Back