• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-TS Base Luffy revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of Pre-TS Luffy's keys after Enies Lobby, we list him as 7-A in Base, but give no reason besides him being stronger than before. This is an issue since his Enies Lobby key is only 7-B in base via matching Rokushiki Blueno.

Thus, the 7-A for his Base should be reduced to 7-B.

However, instead of just scaling it higher than his Enies Lobby key, I think that there is a better solution.

By the end of the fight with Lucci, Luffy's Base took plenty of blows in Base from Zoan/Hybrid Lucci even when he spammed Rokushiki, matched a kick from Hybrid Lucci, and caused him to actually use Tekkai to block a Gum Gum Rifle. Now, Base Luffy shouldn't scale equally to Hybrid Lucci since Hybrid Lucci was still even with Gear 2nd, but post-Lucci fight Base Luffy (not his EL key, but his 2 keys after EL) should backscale to Baseline 7-B+ (53.15 megatons).

IIRC Impel Down Buggy scales to Base Luffy so if that's the case then this affects him too. Same with the 2 Boa Snake sisters.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree personally. It always seemed weird to me that we didn't have Base Luffy backscale, considering, as you mentioned, their are multiple instances of him matching and enduring hits from Lucci in base form.

I'm torn to be honest.

On one hand, Base Luffy was able to somewhat match and endure attacks from Zoan/Hybrid Lucci...

But on the other hand, after taking these attacks, he was left bloddy. They did do a lot of damage to him, so I'm not sure if we can use Luffy's monstrous endurance as a durability bear

Downscaling here seems better to me than fully scaling Luffy.
That's what I'm proposing, just downscale his post Lucci fight Base to baseline 7-B+ (53.15 megatons).

Of course he wouldn't fully scale since he still needed G2 to match Hybrid Lucci.

Last edited:
I'm torn to be honest.

On one hand, Base Luffy was able to somewhat match and endure attacks from Zoan/Hybrid Lucci...

But on the other hand, after taking these attacks, he was left bloddy. They did do a lot of damage to him, so I'm not sure if we can use Luffy's monstrous endurance as a durability bear
Tbf even when he was tiny after using G3 he could take a Shigan attack from Hybrid Rokushiki Lucci.

He also matched a kick from Hybrid Lucci and took many hits from Hybrid Rokushiki Lucci who scales to 217 megatons IIRC.

Last edited:
His Thriller Bark to Sabaody key could just be renamed to "Post Lucci Fight to Sabaody".

I don't have an issue with the proposed key name change or the backscaling from Lucci. Could you list all the profiles effected by this though since I believe a lot of the thriller bark profiles have outdated scaling.
Buggy, the 2 Kuja sisters, Sentomaru, base Brynndi World (he should still be 7-A with amplifiers due to matching Gear 2nd)

Btw, I just checked and Oars needs to be downgraded to 7-B+ since he scales to Zoro who is no longer 7-A. This in turn nerfs Chopper and Franky (who are each 1/2 of Oars) to 7-B (29.857 megatons instead of 7-B+, as well as Thriller Bark Robin.

Also, Baron Omatsuri scales to Skypiea Luffy, who was downgraded from 7-B to Low 7-B, so he should also get edited.

Btw, I just checked and Oars needs to be downgraded to 7-B+ since he scales to Zoro who is no longer 7-A. This in turn nerfs Chopper and Franky (who are each 1/2 of Oars) to 7-B (29.857 megatons instead of 7-B+, as well as Thriller Bark Robin.
This is mainly what I was looking for.

However, Zoro and Diable Jambe Sanji both still remain 7-A due to scaling to the Pacifista via Gear 2nd Luffy.

This is mainly what I was looking for.

However, Zoro and Diable Jambe Sanji both still remain 7-A due to scaling to the Pacifista via Gear 2nd Luffy.
Forgot about those 2 scaling to the Pacifista, thanks for reminding me.

Damage already agreed to the change, so can I go ahead and change it (tho I will need to get pre-TS Luffy's profile unlocked), or do I need one more staff member?

Forgot about those 2 scaling to the Pacifista, thanks for reminding me.

Damage already agreed to the change, so can I go ahead and change it (tho I will need to get pre-TS Luffy's profile unlocked), or do I need one more staff member?
Two staff members are needed I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back