• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

You might be thinking, doesn't Layton just AP stomp Wright? Well, in my opinion, Phoenix still has a chance with his light, wind and soul hax.

Both have one week prep.

Who wins?
HershelLayton
Phoenix Wright Trilogy Art
Kaltias in real life ovo

Speed equalized and both are in a courtroom.

Phoenix outranges, and i do not remember Layton having a counter to Light or Soul hax.

I mean he does have ranged weapons though, like a coin machine gun.

also he could just...wave a sword around in front of him.

But, is the coin machine gun at least 9-B?

And, i can see Phpenix using wind to keep a distance between himself and a really sharp sword.

Should be. It's likely comparable to him, or at least Future Luke. I dunno, just seems logical enough. It does say his range is higher with weapons.

I'm very iffy about him having reasonable soul manipulation anyways. He was knocking an extra soul out of a body that had two of them. I don't know if he could just do that to another person, or if he'd really want to.

Well, he is being threatened with a blade, so i suppose he would at least want to keep Layton away or to kill him in self defense.

I mean he's in character in this, but at most...he'd try to keep Layton away which is eh.

Wind manipulation wouldn't do much as he can probably just withstand that. He can tank that stuff no problem if it's from a 9-B.

Light hax sure there's probably something there but if he has a week of prep he probably has a solution for it.

Ehh. Got to say. The only way Phoenix wins is if you take Phoenix out of character and Layton in character and Phoenix goes for Soul hack immediately. So yea. Got to agree on closing this until I finally convince this wiki that they should use The PW vs PL crossover

Back