• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mandy

I was thinking over if this profile should be deleted or not as there was real effort put into it, and due to the situation the wiki has with the profiles being done in the last 3 months or so, I decided that it would be better to not let this one pass as it comes from a verse that I have knowledge of.

Here's a list of the problems with the profile:

• The stats are inconsistent with how the character is usually presented, the second feat in her AP comes from an episode where she was just a human and got exaggeratedly amped by something, a good example of her not being 8-A on her own, otherwise she wouldn't have needed the amp.
  • The amp is also a one time thing she got in that episode, the profile uses it as something she can normally have.
  • Her Time Stop comes from a wish Grim's mother granted her one time, the profile doesn't mention this at all.
  • Same with her Existence Erasure.
  • Her Energy Manipulation and enhanced Explosion Manipulation come from something she had once as well.
  • Her durability says a feat that is Environmental Destruction and didn't target her at all. The other feat said comes from the one time amp mentioned before.
  • She having Grim's scythe in her Standard Equipment is incredibly wrong. This is what the profile claims; "(Mandy has taken Grim's scythe on more than a few occasions, and since she owns Grim, she technically owns the scythe as well)" I have no idea what the hell is even that.
With all of that wrong I suspect everything else that I can't prove right to be inaccurate as well. I already suspect many other things to be incorrect, but those aren't worth enlisting.

With such a high profile profile (or at least, given that the profile isn't completely obscure), would it not be better to make a CRT to either remove those things, or to replace the profile entirely, only using feats that you can confirm?

Well, idk if most of the abilities (and other things) are correct or not, and as the profile got a lot of rather simple things wrong I would need to ask for evidence for everything and then look that up for myself, which would be unnecessarily tedious. Also I would predict fallacious arguments being used to showdown the process of the profile being fixed, so I believe that it is better to just delete the profile.

(For reference on she having Grim's scythe, she does own Grim, but he's just usually near her, she doesn't have the person that is Grim in her Standard Equipment, let alone his weapon.)

GojiBoyForever said:
So it's a story that got turned into an attraction? Also one of those was made by you.
A project produced by Scott and The Fright Dome. and so what if I added the other profile? It hasn't been deleted or even questioned, so I don't see why this would be any different.

I feel like this type of thing is really pushing it to the absolute limit. Also that profile hasn't really been paid attention to, it has 2 edits and one match (made by you iirc) with no responses.

How is it pushing anything. Haunted attractions are basically like theater stuff, but in a park format. They have actors and such meant to do and fufill a certain task and tell a story, and while some stories may just simple things similar to B-Movies, they are stories none the less.

Well I don't really know anything about it besides the baseline stuff. I guess it can stay. I would show it in the Profile Standards thread.

The attraction profile can probably stay if it is a fictional version of it.

@Eficiente

Are you able to correct the errors in the Mandy profile, or do we have to delete it?

Antvasima said:
@Eficiente

Are you able to correct the errors in the Mandy profile, or do we have to delete it?
The profile should be deleted, yes. I (and probably I alone) would need to otherwise look up everything in it that I'm not 100% sure is legit, which would be most of it. Again this is no exaggeration due to how basic the errors it has are.

Image a profile of MCU Cap. America with no keys, only his base and it scales to Thor, and he has the powers of his hammer, stormbreaker, Loki's scepter and the Tesserract in his P&A. That's this profile.

@Goji

Are you able to collaborate with Eficiente in order to fix them?

Okay. It is going to be a pretty long wait though. Perhaps he could recreate it later instead?

Okay. Thanks.

I will delete the Mandy page.

Tyrannosaurus Rex (Bloons). This profile is of a skeleton that can't even move and is just part of the background of a map. The skeleton in question isn't even a Tyrannosaurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back