• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profiles for Destiny Exotic Weapons

Catalyst75

The longest serving member
Destiny has a myriad of Exotic weapons with their own unique properties and abilities, some of them more notable than others. TV Tropes happens to has tropes assigned to each Exotic Weapon, so I think it is fair to start on weapon profile for the various Destiny weapons in existence. For example, the Graviton Lance's lore states it fires actual, bullet-sized black holes:

"So wait, that thing you found does… what?"

"It fires black holes."
"No it doesn't."
"Oh yeah. It does. Actual, tiny, bullet-sized black holes."
"Did you tell the others?"
"Only that I found some weird gun in some overgrown tunnel back on Old Chicago. And that my Ghost was all, "THIS is why we were led here...'"
"Yours talks that way too?"
"What do you think?"
"OK, OK, but the gun—are you going to tell them?"
"Yeah, definitely."
"When?"
"Crucible."
"Oh no."
"Oh, yes."

The smallest possible caliber bullet for a rifle is 4 mm, and the middle size is 8 mm. Omni Calculator has a calculator for determining the exact mass (and gravitational field at the event horizon) of black holes: https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/schwarzschild-radius

So, for an 8mm "bullet" fired out of the Graviton Lance, this would be the mass of said black holes: 2,693,270,619,281,811,545,561,336 kilograms. Keep in mind this is an Exotic Pulse Rifle, not one of the Power Weapons.

We could definitely make profiles for them at some point. Right now, we are focusing on Tier 2 upgrades though. If you make something and want to run it by us, I suggest letting us know on the Destiny Discussion Thread.

We already have a blog for that here. It's a bit outdated, but it covers a lot of weapons and abilities. There will also be a profile for the Guardian (the Player) and a lot of the weapons will be listed there as well.

I think that if we're going to make profiles for items than it should be more special cases like the Aegis.

I see where you are going with that (Rasputin's Valkyrie would also qualify as a special case), but some of the Exotic weapons have special properties and descriptions that make them stand out ("bullet-sized black holes", for instance), and those properties could scale directly to a Guardian's Light power (a Guardian's Light is what empowers their weapons to such an extent, IIRC).

The Valkyrie would indeed also be a special case.

We already have a lot of feats for the Guardian, so the exotic weapons aren't really needed for their stat ratings. The abilities that the exotic weapons give to the guardian will be listed on the profile and it will also say which abilities come from which pieces of equipment.

Graviton Lance was calced at High 6-A, if you were wondering.

Anyways, you can see a lot of what I've done so far with weapons here (might be outdated) and here.

Wokistan said:
Graviton Lance was calced at High 6-A, if you were wondering.
Anyways, you can see a lot of what I've done so far with weapons here (might be outdated) and here.
Can you share a link to the calc, please?

Using Omni Calculator, I get within the ranges of high 10^29 Joules, or 1 x 10^30 Joules (mass of a bullet-sized black hole + velocity of a modern rifle bullet). Of course, that takes the lore's description of the bullets at face value.

Well, that's definitely not what I'd get with the numbers I got. I used Omni Calculator for the Schwarzschild radius of what would be a roughly an 8 mm (low-end) black hole "bullet": https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/schwarzschild-radius

I got a mass of the bullet 9 orders of magnitude greater than what that calc got. Using his formula, I got 8.49 x 10 ^35 Joules for the mass I got up above - 5-B.

I would recommend asking Bambu about it. Might not be too relevant here specifically, but it could be in the future for other black hole things for other verses.

Really don't have any physicisit-esque knowledge on the matter. I watch others do it and learn from that.

As always, DT is the best to ask on any complex mathematical questions.

Back