• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pseudo Pre-Cognition for Iaion, the other disciples, and probably Atomic Samurai and possibly the other samurai

https://i.imgur.com/65Yk2qn.png

Long time delayed, but felt the need to bring this up: Atomic's disciples can sense killing intent, even Iaion with his eyes closed (https://i.imgur.com/65Yk2qn.png), which they use to react faster to Long Hair's attacks than they could relying on their eyes. I don't think it would just be "enhanced reflexes" since Iaion actually closed his eyes to get himself to stop focusing on his vision, he can't react to something he doesn't sense in some way. I doubt it's supernatural or anything, possibly involves sound/feeling the air/etc. (despite not working in real life due to the limits of both). So wouldn't the disciples have pseudo-precognition, like Sharigan?

Also, since all three have it, I would think that would mean Atomic probably possesses this ability, would all three, with different sword styles, really be capable of this, yet their master who taught them everything they know does not?

Hmmm, not sure. I mean, I interpreted what they were doing as natural, I don't think they have any supernatural abilities, doesn't really fit with One Punch Man, only psychics, a few specific heroes, and some monsters have weird abilities that can't be explained by biology. But he did say "killing intent", which would rule out random pseudo science physics explaining it. Now that I think about it, there are three other times "killing intent" was mentioned:

- Carnage Kabuto, who sensed Saitama was about to kill him

- Awakened Cockroach telling Genos he would dodge by sensing his killing intent

- Atomic Samurai telling Flash during the second S-Class meeting to "put away his killing intent"

So while I'm not confident with it, I can understand the arguement for "extrasensory perception" since it's killing intent, not physics. But just looking at those profiles, I'm confused why Awakened Cockroach merely has "enhanced senses" while Carnage Kabuto has "enhanced instinct/limited precognition". I would think they at least would be the same (if to different degrees).

It does seem to be Extrasensory Perception to me. I think Awakened Cockroach's was actual precognition however

Sense killing intent is usually either Enhanced Senses or Extrasensory Perception, but I'm inclined to say it's the former considering the sense of the danger isn't supernatural.

Reacting with the eyes closed is just a way to show Enhanced Senses.

Sharingan is now going to be changed to Analytical Prediction, so if anything, this should be what we add to the profiles.

If accepted, Atomic Samurai should get a Possibly in front of the accepted addition.

They did it explicitly by sensing devil long hair's aura. It could probably be both enhanced senses and extrasensory perception tbh

I don't think enhanced senses really covers it, like it cover someone like Daredevil. Since they never mention hearing or feeling vibrations, only the intent. No, I'm not claiming they have some supernatural power and can see ghosts or anything like that. So I'd probably say limited Analytical prediction like the Sharingan is probably fair.

Feeling killing intent is far from Analytical Prediction. Enhanced Senses or ESP fits much better actually.

Oh, you were talking about the other profiles? My bad, I misunderstood.

But I don't see how it would be simply Enhanced senses rather than ESP, it's not just feeling killing intent, it's killing intent + the direction of said attacks, with no reference of hearing, feeling the air, etc.

They know the direction because they feel the killing intent. Delete the killing intent and they shouldn't be able to replicate the feat unless the manga says otherwise. That's why Analytical Prediction is hardly acceptable in this case.

I wasn't talking about Analytical Prediction in my last comment, just why ESP is more accurate than Enhanced Senses.

Either Enhanced sense or ESP. The latter would apply if something like a sixth sense is used to detect the bloodlust.

The Calaca said:
They know the direction because they feel the killing intent. Delete the killing intent and they shouldn't be able to replicate the feat unless the manga says otherwise. That's why Analytical Prediction is hardly acceptable in this case.
Oh, you meant that they can't anticipate just anything, such as falling rocks or random explosions (they can't literally see the future), without the killing intent there? Yes, definitely agree. That's actually why it seems more ESP than Enhanced Sense to me, simply because "bloodlust" shouldn't change the physics of a rock falling vs a rock being dropped by someone. If they had something like Daredevil's enhanced hearing/feeling the air, they would have no issue sensing non-sentient dangers.

Tetsucabrah said:
http://prntscr.com/p3ylnf

Flashy Flash also seems to have this to an extent. Basically the same thing Carnage Kabuto sensed from Saitama.
No, it's not anticipating attacks via bloodlust. Sensing someone's power isn't the same, that's what Boros did, he has power detection.

Carnage Kabuto has enhanced senses/limited precognition, because he sensed Saitama would have killed him had he attacked.

The stuff in the OP, at least. Both ourselves and a staff member have ok'd it.

Back