• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pulseman CRT (No prior knowledge required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodri_"Dante"

Hablo español.
Joke Battles
Administrator
Note: Due to the lack of knowledgeable users in the verse (It's literaly just Bobsican, I'll try to explain everything as best I can so no previous knowledge is needed.

What is Volteccer and why it's speed it's important?

Volteccer is a technique used by Pulseman and Veil that allows them to turn their whole bodies into electricity and travel through the air or through wires at considerably higher speeds than they are capable on foot.

The important part about it, besides speed scaling, is that there are several enemies that can attack by ramming into Pulseman and can still move (You can see where this is going), but there are no statements about it's exact speed, rendering any calculation impossible. Of couse, that doesn't mean we can't guess.

Suggested speeds.

• Relativistic (0.667c)

Taken from here. The reason to use this one is because when Pulseman travels international distances through the internet, he turns himself into electricity like when he uses Volteccer.

• Relativistic (0.585c)

Taken from here, this was the speed originally used given Volteccer allows the user to travel inside wires as electricity and goes at the same speed when outside of one, it has been recently discarded as that's the only reasoning for the Volteccer to have that speed.

• Above Supersonic+ (Mach 2.5)

Basically the speed it already has, due to being faster than Pulseman himself. Of course, no calcs could be made out of this because it would be Calc Stacking.

• Supersonic (Mach 1.634)

Taken from here. This one is simply the speed of electricity on air, nothing to explain. The obvious problem here would be that it's slower than Pulseman's running speed, so it would be weird to use.

That's about everything I have, if anyone can come up with a better solution be my guest.

Last edited:
Well, since the speed of electricity in the internet is quiet higher than the speed of electricity in air, but it should be same for Pulseman, I think the current rating of "higher" is fine as a compromise.

I mean, it would be higher regardless of what we do, because Voteccer's speed > Pulseman's speed.

The reason I don't go with "...higher with Volteccer, Relativistic when traveling inside a wire or through the internet" is because the speed of Volteccer never changes unless you count lag.

I find the relativistic end via internet travel the most reliable one as it uses the least assumptions and connects properly to the lore, although an scan confirming that he uses his move like this would be useful to avoid any doubts.

Him being slower in Volteccer would be non-sensical as well, so the electricity on air end can be left at a side while we are on it.

There aren't scans, it's just visual similarities:
latest

The intro of the game does imply that his abilities to travel through cyberspace and manipulate electricity are closely tied though:
latest

I do remember the message on the title screen (The one you're showing) being encripted content made by his father, so it's reliable as well (Even being translated here; I'm being detailed on this regard as I'm sure others will ask what is going on otherwise)
Therefore, all of that together turns the internet travel end the most reliable one overall.

Not really, you're using the internet travel speed according to the real world which is the highest end and completely ignoring the speed in air. None of these speeds are actually stated in the game, but we know it's equal. Hence we can at least concluded that his speed does not correlate to any real world similarities. Therefore, real world speed should not even be used. Simply higher is better.

As it's equal on speed even if going on a wire or not, I guess just "higher" can be the best alternative in that case, maybe even "far higher" if you're feeling fancy.

I think I can do some quick calcs to check if it is consistent.

The first 3 stages are implied to take place during the same day given the time of the day at which you arrive doesn't change, and the crimes Pulseman has to stop in each one are happening simultaneously, so let's say that it takes him around a minute to reach each stage. Same goes with the second trio of stages.

The starting point is Tokyo, because that's where Pulseman lives.

Stage 3 - Las Vegas

Distance: 8891000m

Speed: 8891000/60 = 148183.333333333m/s (0.000494286c)

Stage 4 - Indian Ocean

Distance: 9733000m

Speed: 9733000/60 = 162216.666666667m/s (0.000541097c)

Stage 5 - Alaska

Distance: 5565000m

Speed: 5565000/60 = 92750m/s (0.000309381c)

Stahe 6 - Australia

Distance: 6803000m

Speed: 6803000/60 = 113383.333333333m/s (0.000378206c)

It's fast but not that fast, I guess we won't get there feat-wise. BTW, I skipped stages 1 and 7 because they take place in Tokyo, and stage 2 because there you start in cyberspace instead of the real world.

So, is the current rating fine or something needs to be changed?

Guess not.

One question though: For the propouse of calcs, could I use the speed of electricity on air to avoid calc stacking, or would that be rejected due to Pulseman being faster than that?

I guess that can be used for lowball purposes if absolutely necessary, but I am not the best person to answer. You might need a calc member to answer that.

Anyway, I'll close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back