• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Punching a rock out of the moon

So, if a character was to punch a moon rock out of the ground that's say the size of a human fist, how much force/energy would that be?

I'm guessing that someone thew a rock to space, right? if that's the case, I low-balled and the result is ~4.06 Gigajoules (9-A)

Sorry i'm really tired, but the way you wrote it sounded like you were trying to say i'm a grammar nazi or something.

Nah, they don't throw a rock, they punch the moon and a fist-sized rock pops out that they keep.

I don't undestand at all, but if someone destroyed part of the moon, would be better to just calculate the surface damage.

It wasn't an attack that destoryed part of the moon, the character in question punched the ground, making a rock the size of a fist come up

Wall level to high-end street level, the punch resulted in minor damages. Since it only launched a rock the size of a fist. Your scenario is also way too vague if you're just saying things which came up in a series just link it here. Spares me the trouble of trying to interpret what you're talking about

Sound like someone destroyed something, people doesn't just create rocks from punching, sound like a fragment; Anyway, what you are saying doesn't explain much, but it sound like street level (9-C)

Your answer works because it's a thing that doesn't have images (sometimes but not for the feat achieved here) it's a story

Is there anything that says or implies how far the rock shot upwards? If so we might be able to get some PE or KE out of it. Otherwise, I think 9-C seems okay for a feat like that.

Back