• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pursued Thread 1

The letters are primarily from salespersons, but there is one from the mayor inviting Piscantur and one guest of her choosing to a town party he is throwing the next night.

The brochure states the library offers a wide variety of fictional and non-fictional works, and encourages readers to sign up for a library card.

The sales letters are primarily for fishing equipment.

I go to Piscantur and throw the cards at her.

"This stuff is for you. I'll go to town, visit the library."

I pack my stuff and go to town, to the library.

Piscantur ctatch's the stuff. "Thanks, now don't do anything TO foolish." She grabs another book and starts reading.

Libraries, they're quiet. Nice. Usually less full of smut.

I head to Rosefelt and point a shaking hand to his brochures, "you should check its hours first." I glance at the clock again, then start alternating careful glances between the other three.

Reading the upside down text, I mutter "after dawn…". My shoulders slump forward, and disappointment washes over my face. I guess I won't get to read before it comes.

I would have gone to town if the library was open, but instead I hand Rosefelt the map from the desk.

I get away from the others by exploring a floor without people on it, checking behind my back at 13 second intervals.

And I even gave him the map.

I drag him back to the couch. Holding him by the arms and keeping his head up to avoid concussing him.

I take the brochures and map, cause at this point I'm thinking that if things get serious Rosefelt will probably end up passing out in the middle of nowhere and dying. Don't wanna lose the map.

Lying on the couch, Eliot begins to shake.

In his dreams, he finds himself standing in a wasteland. Cracked dry brown soil runs in all directions around him, only a single dead grey tree in sight. The sky is completely covered in crimson clouds.

[well considering your circumstances I'd say fainting isn't unreasonable but in a meta-sense I'd you do any action that's going to take a while but shouldn't require any interaction on your part, your character can do that while you're away]

[alas if only there was some kind of motor vehicle on the property that you could use to get to town so you didn't need to walk through the dark and spooky woods...]

I get up and look for some books to read. Fiction would be cool, but non fiction is ok as well.

If i find one, i start reading it.

[This is my excuse for being away, sorry, i'm just really sad at the moment]

You find the same cans of food in the kitchen that Rosefelt found. There's also an icebox and a few crackers in cupboard.

You also find a bed in each of the bedrooms.

More couches in the lower floor lounge.

The house is overall quite clean, if slightly bare of food. Looks like belonging to an aristocratic family means it gets well-maintained.

Looking around dumbly, I say to myself

"Well this can't be good ..... **** it, how bad can the creepy tree be."

With that I stride forward to my doom said tree.

As you walk towards the tree, it suddenly blows away in the wind as if it were mere dust in the shape of a tree.

From behind you, you hear a door slam.

[flips coin]

The gun materializes in your hands, and you fire at... the door of an strange twisted building closing. Monstrous creatures slam themselves into the door and you bullet sinks deep into one of the many eyes covering their bodies. They stumble then give an echoing howl of pain.

Then, they turn to you.

Your danger instincts are rightfully screaming at you

"...... crap."

I start backing up, shooting as many bullets into the monster as I can. All the while thinking Please die, please die, please die on repeat.

I look inside the icebox. If it's empty I bring it over to the room we started in, with a few cans of food and the crackers. When I see her, I say to Piscantur (since she's heading for the kitchen), "we should gather up everything that could be useful into the living room… just in case.

Due to it being a bolt action rifle, "as many bullets as you can" is about 1 per 1.5 seconds, even with your skill at ranged weaponry.

However, you need to back up slowly to maintain your aim, so you aren't actually moving back that fast.

The one you hit recoils from the bullets, bright blue blood erupting from the wounds. The other monsters watch the creature flail in agony. Another gunshot rings out.

Then you run out of bullets.

The monsters turn back to look at you and hiss. The one you injured looks at you with its remaining eyes and growls. It begins slowly moving towards you.

The building they were clawing at has vanished, and all their attention is on you now. The two monsters that are unharmed begin skittering towards you on dozens of spider-like legs.

Junkoposter said:
Piscantur trys to find if there is anything to make a sandwitch with.
You find some various unopened jars of jam/jelly and peanut butter and such things. No meat or other perishables.

Blahblah9755 said:
I look inside the icebox. If it's empty I bring it over to the room we started in, with a few cans of food and the crackers. When I see her, I say to Piscantur (since she's heading for the kitchen), "we should gather up everything that could be useful into the living room… just in case.
Icebox is empty.

"...... double crap. I knew I should have gotten the dynamite or elephant gun for this." Not much else to do bar charging them, I sprint away as fast as I can, gun gripped tightly.

Don't need this disappearing on me too.

Back