• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quantifying a feat: Burning a Town

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In Rivals of Aether, Zetterburn is able to go on a rampage that nearly burns down Water Town while trying to get to Merchant Port. Here is a picture of some of the burning caused by Zetterburn. For reference, here is the map of Aether. Merchant Port, in the lower-middle is a small portion of Water Town, which resides on most of the south-eastern portion of the map.

My question is, can this be quantified? Though it was likely done quickly, it wasn't done in one shot. Orcane puts out of the fire in a similarly ambiguous way, but he must have affected the entire town to quickly put out the fire before it burned down the town.

Any input is appreciated. I am hesitant to slap on a 7-C rating to this.

Well he mentioned "unleashing a maelstrom of fire," but aside from that it is done over time. A short time, but time none the less.

The fire method should work out. Looking at I found one scene when he has a massive area of fire behind him after unleashing his maelstrom. Even if the rest of the town was burned over time, that was likely done in one attack.

Ah. He just had the same values across the board. Also he assumes a temperature change of 1200. I am not sure why that is. 1200 Kelvin seems pretty big.

Not sure why, perhaps that's something related to the spell itself, because the symbol he used is the symbol used to represent temperature change.

Yeah, I see that now. Idk why I didn't recognize it. Also it likes like natural gas fires can reach up to 1600 degrees Celsius, a more than 1500 Kelvin change from room temperature.

I guess I'll assume Zetter's fire is natural gas related.

Back