• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I was reading a work, and in one specific book, some things about Buddhism are discussed. My question is about this quote:
Zen Master Hakuun Ryoko Yasutani says about Bussho, the Buddha-nature, that it is identical to what in Buddhism is called Emptiness - Ku. And furthermore: Through the experience of Satori, which is the origin of all Buddhist teachings, one understands the world of Emptiness. This world - fluid, free from mass, beyond individuality and personality - is beyond the reach of our imagination. Therefore, the true substance of things is incomprehensible and unfathomable. As everything that is conceivable has some form and colour, everything conceived as Bussho must necessarily be unreal. What can be conceived is only an image of Bussho, but not Bussho itself. However, although Bussho is beyond all concepts and images, it is possible to awaken to it, for we ourselves are essentially Bussho.
There is also Plato's Allegory of the Cave to better understand this:
And then I am absorbed, I begin to act, but in the end, this is just a kind of vision. At least, that's what I believe. For what I am experiencing is familiar to me. I know this from the difficult trial in the Crystal Labyrinth, whose completion allowed the emergence of the Great Mother of Fire. The beetle Cho is near me, I am naked, and now the memories seem to become the stage, the past merging allegorically with the present and being revived - so that with every step I take, every action connected to me, somewhere out there, provokes an analogous and appropriate reaction. Acausal synchronicity. As above, so below! The true event is probably incomprehensible, too transcendent, so elevated that only shadows, as in Plato's Allegory of the Cave, are revealed to me: "...human existence is merely a stay in an underground dwelling; tied up, with our backs to the entrance of the cave, we only see the shadows of things on the wall, which we take as reality. If someone freed us and guided us out of the cave into the light of the true world, our eyes would hurt, and we would consider the world of shadows as real, but the true world as unreal. Perhaps we could get used to the truth and accept it, but on returning to the cave to free those inside, no one would believe us; instead, they would condemn us or even kill us..."

So, these quotes are quite interesting, and I would like to know what abilities Bussho would gain. I imagine it would be non-existent physiology (although I don't know which type) and transduality? I'm not sure how "beyond all concepts and images" fits into the terms of the wiki.

Could someone help me with this?

Just asked Ultima and if this isn't contradicted then it's tier 0.
Hey, thanks for the response. I didn't imagine I could reach tier 0; that's more absurd than I initially thought lol. Well, bussho is not a power and as far as I've seen, no one has shown the ability to manipulate it or anything like that, at least as far as I've read, of course. The work is really extensive, with many, many books, so I can't say for sure if somewhere it contradicts the part about being absolute.

Hey, thanks for the response. I didn't imagine I could reach tier 0; that's more absurd than I initially thought lol. Well, bussho is not a power and as far as I've seen, no one has shown the ability to manipulate it or anything like that, at least as far as I've read, of course. The work is really extensive, with many, many books, so I can't say for sure if somewhere it contradicts the part about being absolute.
What's the series?

Back