• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Marvel Cosmology

I am pretty knowledgeable about Marvel Comics, except for the cosmology. So how does it work? Are there an infinite number of planes of existence in 616, or in the Multiverse as a whole? Or both? Is the World Tree a structure that exists across the Multiverse, or is a Multiversal structure that exists entirely in 616 (with different versions in other universes)? Are spaces like the Cancerverse part of 616 specifically, or are they another Universe in the Marvel Multiverse? If they are all within 616, would that make destroying the 616 Universe a Multiversal feat.

no, 616 is accepted as 6.6 Dimensions - due to fractured shenanigans. The multiverse has infinite layers - which are infinitely superior.

The world tree is quite complicated, but aye, it does exist across the multiverse, however, not on a transcendent level.

Cancerverse isn't part of 616, but its part of the multiverse. negative zone is part of 616 tho. 616 contains multiple universes.

Destroyed 616 in its entirety will grant you low 1-c. at least on this wiki. higher elsewhere.

no, 616 is accepted as 6.6 Dimensions - due to fractured shenanigans. The multiverse has infinite layers - which are infinitely superior.

The world tree is quite complicated, but aye, it does exist across the multiverse, however, not on a transcendent level.

Cancerverse isn't part of 616, but its part of the multiverse. negative zone is part of 616 tho. 616 contains multiple universes.

Destroyed 616 in its entirety will grant you low 1-c. at least on this wiki. higher elsewhere.
Wow, thats much more impressive than I thought. So shouldn't that put Odin at Low 1-C, if his battle against Seth was about to destroy the universe? Or is it considered that they were only destroying the "main" part of the universe, and not enough of it to be Low 1-C?

I reread the fight and its not that it was going to destroy the universe, but that the universe would be in danger if Odin loses. But it does repeatedly say it is fought on all planes of existence simultaneously.

Seth and Odin’s whole “fighting on all planes of existence” thing is just Multiversal+ range, it doesn’t actually affect their AP.

If you look at Odin’s profile, you’ll note that we only mention his Seth fight because Seth could destroy Yggdrasil, which is currently accepted as possibly 2-A. Tbh I think it should be straight up 2-A but y’know

Seth and Odin’s whole “fighting on all planes of existence” thing is just Multiversal+ range, it doesn’t actually affect their AP.

If you look at Odin’s profile, you’ll note that we only mention his Seth fight because Seth could destroy Yggdrasil, which is currently accepted as possibly 2-A. Tbh I think it should be straight up 2-A but y’know
Yeah, it seems weird to have it as only "possibly 2-A". So even "forces powerful enough to rock our entire continuum" and "a massive shockwave which ripples across every plane of reality" are only counted as 2-A? What would a Marvel character have to do to be Low 1-C?

What would a Marvel character have to do to be Low 1-C?
Well, when it came to the likes of Eternity and Dormammu, they both have explicit higher-d statements (i.e. Strange merged with Eternity felt in many more dimensions than four, the Dark Dimension has more spatial dimensions than man’s universe)

Iirc Hank later revealed they have 11 higher dimensions. Although I don't think anyone tried using that to upgrade eternity away from it

Back