• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about SBA and weaknesses

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
I'm currently making a file for a character who uses a drug to get a bunch of powers. (If anyone's curious about the specifics, it's the final boss in Katana ZERO.) By the time you fight her, she's not had the drug for several days and is suffering the rather severe withdrawal symptoms of it. This is why you can beat her, because you still have some of the drug yourself and aren't as deep into withdrawal. Users are in theory unbeatable provided their supply remains, as it gives them precog, time manip, and whenever they die time simply rewinds back to before it happened.

Now, my question concerns these parts of Standard Battle Assumptions:

• Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed.
  • Equipment: Standard equipment.
  • Time: The time and date are chosen in such a fashion that all characters are at their strongest.
I am wondering, as a default in vs threads would she have an actual supply of Chronos instead of running on fumes like she was when you kill her? Her at her strongest is when she's not suffering withdrawal symptoms, it's part of her standard equipment as she only was deprived of it recently and had been on it for likely years, and this would also fall under the time and date thing of the date chosen just being before her supplier met his untimely end. However, this also seems to overlook the weakness of Chronos withdrawal being awful, and that weakness was relevant to her boss battle, so I'm not sure what we would assume as the default here.

At her strongest implies that she has Chronos, so fine. That weakness won't come up unless the fight goes on for enough time for the boss to have withdrawal symptoms, so it's not like that weakness is completely useless.

This would also apply to other verses like Mistbor, where abilities are gotten off the usage of a finite resource. How does SBA play into this?

When you fight her, she's already running dry. She doesn't suffer the symptoms mid fight, she's suffering them the entire time.

I would assume you fight her when she isn't harmed by the symptoms yet. I would think "at her strongest" would be like right when just took the drug.

I think she should get 2 keys. 1 for when theoretically at full dosage (when we see her in our first encounter), and one when she hasn't had much

Back