• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Abstract Existence

It's a question that I started to ask myself in a lot of threads I came upon:

Does being an Abstract Entity/Conceptual Being grant you some level of protection against certain hax (not hax of other conceptual beings or of people who have actually demonstrated to effect such entities)?

I mean, even with people who have never shown to interact or harm such beings, neither with hax nor with AP, can we automatically assume it works. For example, your standard mind hax: regardless if it works on an incorporeal being or not, does it work on an Abstract Entity or not?

Another question I have is erasing an abstract entity:

If someone can erase things from non-existence but has never shown to actually erase a conceptual being with type 8 immortality and Mid-Godly regen, can it actually kill him? And if it does, wouldn't the death of said being still affect the one who erased him (since he just killed a concept)?

Generally, being able to hit non-corporeal beings will let you hit abstracts to some degree, though not if it's the energy type.

Yes, as it's NLF to assume that they can regen from what they usually regen from being erased. Simple as that.

>Hitting non-corporeal means hitting Abstracts

No?

I guess being Abstract gives you resistance the same way Non-Corporeal do. Resistance to lower level matter manip or EE for example. But nothing more.

As for the second, I don't think so? Erasing non-existence is just erasing harder. It wouldn't really affect the person with Type 8, since they regenerate from a concept, not form themselves.

It depends on the level of non-corporeality. Obviously somethings aren't enough.

Erasing to non-existence is something that bypasses type 8 though. Standard NLF.

It isn't. Like I said, you just erase something harder. Which is good against people who regenerate on their own (Given that their "true self" would be non-existence itself), but not against people who regenerate from something else. Unless this non-existence erasure works by making it impossible for the victim to exist again (Which would be closer to Conceptual Erasure), then this won't help.

@Saikou

I asked the first question because, in many threads, people think that hax cannot effect abstract entities unless they have shown (ex. Monika vs. Chara)

In others, they actually do (ex. Chaos vs. Discord).

I just want to know if it's true or not.

Depends on the hax

Mind manipulation is unlikely to make an embodiment od evil into a good time

Erasure should be countered by type 8 unless the concept they represent is erased with them.

Erasing a concept can affect the eraser, but in monikas case, she not only has a copy of herself to restore if needed, but she is nonexistent, so having part of her erased is a nonissue, unless nonexistence erasure is involved

Also, this may be covered soon. In the coming week (or weeks) Kaltias will be making an Abstract Existence thread as a postlude to my Concep manip thread.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also, this may be covered soon. In the coming week (or weeks) Kaltias will be making an Abstract Existence thread as a postlude to my Concep manip thread.
Nice!

Does being an Abstract Entity/Conceptual Being grant you some level of protection against certain hax (not hax of other conceptual beings or of people who have actually demonstrated to effect such entities)?

That depends from how abstract the conceptual being is.

Would atomization work on Mesprit? Yes. Would it work on someone like Eternity? No

If someone can erase things from non-existence but has never shown to actually erase a conceptual being with type 8 immortality and Mid-Godly regen, can it actually kill him? And if it does, wouldn't the death of said being still affect the one who erased him (since he just killed a concept)?

For the former, no

For the latter, same as above

Back