• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick "Free Movement" Addition

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Free Movement is a power page that describes, among other things, the ability to move on materials impossible to walk on normally through speed. Our Surface Scaling page states that being capable of moving up walls through sheer speed does not qualify one for the ability. Therefore, I think another stated possible use of Free Movement should be to run on vertical surfaces, given that it is a common trope that we currently don't really index.

Sorta? I'd consider it a more specific thing

Eh I'm not a fan of this
Free Movement is more about being able to walk through hard terrain or walking across surfaces in physically impossible ways (In the sense that you can't stand on water. If you run fast enough IRL you in theory can run on walls from what I understand)

So pass on my end

Eh I'm not a fan of this
Free Movement is more about being able to walk through hard terrain or walking across surfaces in physically impossible ways (In the sense that you can't stand on water. If you run fast enough IRL you in theory can run on walls from what I understand)

So pass on my end
I think Chomp is talking about more superhuman situations. While humans can run on vertical surfaces, they can only do so for a few seconds before gravity and lack of momentum catches up with them, I think he's refering to characters being able to run up against really long walls thanks to their unrealistic speed.

I think Chomp is talking about more superhuman situations. While humans can run on vertical surfaces, they can only do so for a few seconds before gravity and lack of momentum catches up with them, I think he's referring to characters being able to run up against really long walls thanks to their unrealistic speed.
I am aware, but I don't want it included on the page
I think it's not in its spirit and instead better relegated to just be something you note on a character's page, or worst case acrobatics

Eh I'm not a fan of this
If you run fast enough you can also run on water (and really anything, as long as it's really fast), and those are covered by the page

If you run fast enough you can also run on water (and really anything, as long as it's really fast), and those are covered by the page
Well a wall is not difficult terrain or a weird substance, I don't want it there (Also I'd probs remove the speed part of FM if possible but a CRT for a different time)

Back