• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick non chaotic Medaka Box content revision

1. Medaka's resistance/immunity to power steal and possibly power anchored due to The End not being something people other than a "moster like Medaka" can handle. Oudo had a mental break down by simply trying. You decide on that.

2. For this credit goes to Kami95 who gave me the idea. The method Kumagawa uses to spawn screws out of nothing when he doesn't have Bookmaker (cus bookmaker manipulates the screws as an ability). So it's mainly on "Result Inducement". On my blog i explained how Kumagawa can do his various things through his Causality Manipulation. Now I wanted to put this too: By erasing the cause of something Kumagawa can induce results on reality. Not only is this possible via the explanation for his All Fiction, this also explains his random spawning here is how: Cause (i have to go get some screws)-----> Effect (i have screws) By erasing the cause but keeping the effect he can just make screws out of nothing, literally making them appear out of thin air. Not only that but this scene too. Cause (i impale that girl)----->Effect (the girl gets a screw inside her). It doesn't contradict with his powers, but instead it helps explain some things that we've never been able to explain. Should this point be accepted i'll add it on my blog. Again credit goes Kami95 for giving me the idea. (and while im at it i have to ask someone to add my blog to the profiles under All Fiction, most ppl have seemed to agree on it)

3. The skills Medaka aquires (via The End) all get "The End" powers. I mean Oudo not only failed to copy Medaka's The End but ALL of her abilities. So basically The End is a big circle holding every power, failing to get the end will result in failure to copy any other skill. As well as Medaka's immunity to skills she has already copied as shown by Oudo where she became immune to an ability after copying it.

Imma make this and everyother upcoming CRT on Medaka Box fairly short in order to avoid chaos......cough 413 msgs before getting to a conclusion cough cough

Well yeah, they are not really that hard to argue. It's like "yes or no". And "3" points. xD That's small for me xD

1) Resistance to power stealing seems fine.

2) I do not understand what you mean.

3) Isn't this a part of the first suggestion?

Antvasima said:
1) Resistance to power stealing seems fine.
2) I do not understand what you mean.

3) Isn't this a part of the first suggestion?
1) Idk i'll let some more ppl comment here

2) There is a cause and effect for everything. Kumagawa can erase the cause while only leaving the effect or result. This can explain a bunch of stuff. Also someone add my blog on Medaka's and Kumagawa's profile.

3) Point 1 is about Power Anchoring, this point is about The End's relationship with other powers as well as it developing immunity to them.

1) Resistance to power steal looks fine.

2) I'm fine with this, All Fiction is stated to erase both cause and effect after all.

3) Not sure about this, Medaka was still under the brainwashing of Oudo's power even after learning it.

YuriAkuto said:
2) I'm fine with this, All Fiction is stated to erase both cause and effect after all.

3) Not sure about this, Medaka was still under the brainwashing of Oudo's power even after learning it.
2) Cool, do u think the blog is ok too?

3) Yeah but she said his power would be useless now that she learned it, then again remember that was way back when The End wasn't as strong as it is now AND she menaged to control her body even under brainwash.

1) Seems okay.

2) Seems way too speculative without feats and scans showing that he can do this or is at least aware that he can do this.

3) What are you trying to argue here? It sounds like an extension of the first proposal.

1) I agree

2) i don't understand what you want, but I guess i agree with cause erasure. That scene is done via screw spawn tho, so bad example

3) i mean this is basically the same as the first but i agree

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
ÒÇîAnd I certainly hope the flames don't rise on this threadÒÇì
Seems pretty ok up till now. It'll be the 1st thread i make where the flames don't engulf the wiki. xD

Ok then everyone agrees with everything, so shall we get these added (along with my blog)?

2) I think the majority is good, but the point "How All Fiction counter a existence erasure" can't just be response by "Non-Fiction exist"? Also the second weakness is counter by the resistance to power null/power sealing of minuses.

1. Oudo head a breakdown because he touched her heart and saw the darkness inside Medaka, I doubt it's because he tried to copy her powers.

2. The only thing I said is that pseudo-teleport and pseudo-time stop could be cause erasure. For example, by erasing the cause from "I move toward point A (cause) therefore I reach point A (effect)" he can basically teleport, he doesn't necessarily erase the concept or time of the fact that he needs time to move. I never said that he can just spawn any result by erasing a random cause, and I doubt that's how he creates screws. He still has to be physically able to do something. Imho we probably shouldn't think too much about the screws in general tho.

3. I disagree. While I personally think that Medaka Box characters may have resistance to their own powers like you're suggesting (Kumagawa resisted to Momozono's Sealing due to having Bookmaker and Medaka resists Oudo's Weighted Words due to having the same skill) unfortunately we don't have enough evidence for that. If something like that happened other times in the series I would agree with you, but one couple of cases is not enough, especially since Medaka's immunity probably comes from the fact that she can just use the power on herself to counter Oudo's.

1. She said "inside me is a beast no one other than a beast like me can handle", so he can't handle a "beast" like that (the end).

2. I said you gave me the idea. Though not only is that possible, but it does explain quite a bit of stuff. Ajimu herself said Kumagawa can erase cause and effect.

3. Well that would also explain why Kumagawa got Bookmaker and didn't keep All Fiction, because using a skill she has already copied is useless.

Then Kumagawa blamed The End as the reason "ajimu can't beat Medaka", when that wouldn't make logical sense. The End copies skills so at best it would have ended a stalemate, Medaka wouldn't have won unless she had immunity to every skill she copied.

Then there is the last arc, we know Medaka doesn't like to use skills, unless her opponent is an "enemy" like in Iihiko's case and even if that were not to be the case. How could have Medaka bypassed Encounter in the last fight, and how did she not get insta killed just by being around Shibuki? There is no way to bypass encounter (in verse at least) unless you use some hax that doesn't deal dmg such as "all fiction" which wouldn't result in Gagamaru's loss but his absoulte erasure thing which as we know she will not EVER do. So how did she beat Gagamaru without erasing him? Simple encounter is bypassed cus she's immune to it.

1. I'm not sure, I'll let the others decide.

2. Erasing causes doesn't mean producing ANY result. For example the cause "I need screws" doesn't produce the effect "I get screws", it's like saying that whenever you need money you become rich. Kumagawa can erase causes and effect, but something has to be possible in the first place, he can't do something he won't be able to do normally.

3. Kumagawa explicitly said that he didn't keep All Fiction bacause he didn't intend to kill/erase Medaka, and you shouldn't forget that Medaka also had plot on her side, forcing Kumagawa to give up on it anyway.

4. Kumagawa blaming The End doesn't mean anything. He wasn't convinced by his own explanation and he probably just meant "Maybe you can't defeat her because she can use your own abilities against you?".

5. Scar Death is not a problem since Medaka has All Fiction, and Encounter can be countered with Bookmaker and style. Besides, Medaka may also have Hanten's ability creation, Hansode's Real Eater and every skill ever used by Ajimu in the series, which would also work.

2. U missed the point. Cause (i go home and get some screws) -----> Effect (i now have screws in my pocked). By making the reality that he went home to get the screws nothing but keeping the result he can just have screws. It is possible via Ajimu's explanation on All Fiction, it just helps that it explains the screw spawning too.

3. The point here is that she can counter something once she copies it. So maybe Medaka's extention can make it so that the power doesn't work because she counters the same way making it useless. So for example Oudo couldn't control himself, but medaka can countering the any attack. Though i just find it to make Medaka immune to the copied powers. Scar Dead is a BIG factor here. We know Medaka doesn't use other skills unless something DEMANDS that she does. I really doubt she uses All Fiction (she barely has time to use it anyway, with koga's super healing), i mean she doesn't need it, proof is when her dmg was reopened, then when she was hit by gagamaru she didn't use all fiction on her wounds but rather just tank the hits. But scar dead never worked again (not even in the bouquet toss to the future arc where she fought everyone and never all fictioned her wounds). Then there is Kumagawa's last fight with Medaka where he fails even though this time he has both Bookmaker and All Fiction (knowing medaka there is no way she just stomped Kumagawa without him using Bookmaker on her, she didn't stomp anyone in that arc like that, not even the trash tiers). So Bookmaker made Medaka = Kumagawa but the hero gave her a little boost, now Kumagawa + All Fiction? Medaka shouldn't be able to get past that. Then why did Kumagawa not erase Medaka's The End, it wouldn't kill or erase Medaka it would just make him win. There are a lot of things that point out at the immunity to powers she has already copied and just calling them "plot holes" is not fine imo, he's the same dude who made stuff like Monogatari series and Katanagatari, he won't be making mistakes like that.

2. I think it's too complicated, everything could be explained that way. We should only stick to simple causes and effect that immediately depend on each other. I have no idea how Kumagawa spawns his screws, but I don't think we should think about it so hard.

3. She still defeated all of them offscreen, we can't make assumptions about how she did that. And considering that she used 100 skills against a fodder character it's entirely possible that she used skills against other characters too.

Dude, you don't need to write Bibles like that. at least break it up. She defeated every single character in the school during the gauntlet, but we don't know exactly how

Yeah my bad, got a little carried away.

Anyway i think we can get this added. Most people agree on this and it's not conflicting with the description of powers, if anything all these just solve plot holes.

Well, resistance to power stealing is obviously fine, but I would appreciate if you could explain what you mean with point 2 in a more easily understood manner.

KamiYasha should probably also be informed about this thread.

Antvasima said:
Well, resistance to power stealing is obviously fine, but I would appreciate if you could explain what you mean with point 2 in a more easily understood manner.
KamiYasha should probably also be informed about this thread.
Ok so then i think we can close this. I will put point 2 on my All Fiction blog, since it's not contradicting with the series aswell as the fact that most ppl agreed to it just be sure to add my blog on the profiles (on both Medaka and Kumagawa). If we can actually conclude with this 21 msgs then it'll be a first for a Medaka Box CRT. But yeah i think this can be closed.

Your blog needs to be better structured, along with being accepted by the staff, before it can be linked to in any profiles.

1. Who should i contact doe? Or should i just make a CRT ONLY with that, like just link that and have ppl tell me what they think.

2. Immunity to powers too she has already copied though. It's kind of "she can use the power to counter the person" like she did with the Mind Control.

1) I do not know. Sorry. It has been suggested that we should create a general wiki management thread for giving input to blog posts. I will have to ask the staff about this at some point.

2) I think that just stating that Oudo couldn't steal her powers in general should be enough, which I have already done.

After reading the scans, I also agree with Resistance to Power Absorption. However, I still think that we don't have enough evidence to give her resistance to every ability she copied, unless there's something I missed (maybe there's something in the novels?).

I also disagree with the assumption that Kumagawa's screws are spawned by erasing the cause from "I go home to take some screws (cause) so I have screws (effect)", it's way too far-fetched imho.

Antvasima said:
1) I do not know. Sorry. It has been suggested that we should create a general wiki management thread for giving input to blog posts. I will have to ask the staff about this at some point.
2) I think that just stating that Oudo couldn't steal her powers in general should be enough, which I have already done.
Ok but how do we get the opinion of the other staf members?

You could message a few of them directly, but chances are that they will not be interested, and I cannot force them to work. Sorry.

Back