• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
Basically since we do have an official page for Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar now, I think it would be prudent to remove the Chaos Gods' Fantasy/AoS keys from their profiles. When their Fantasy counterparts are finally made you could simply go to the history section and copy the necessary statistics. Also we should preferably add one of those tag things at the top much like the differing versions of say, a character like Superman have to link them to each-other.

Oh and Malal/Malice needs to be deleted. Simple as that. It's canonicity is suspicious at best and nonexistent at worst these days.

As the creator of most of the Fantasy profiles, I am happy to redo them for Fantasy specifically and add it to the top of the 40k profiles as a separate but attached profile ala Superman etc.

This seems fine to me.

Last edited:
Personally, for the Chaos Gods, I completely agree, it makes sense to me to separate them as if they are separate canons and just link them at the top of the page (the superman analogy really works here) As per the Malal/Malice bit...I'm mixed, it's not really not canon, they just aren't in any newer lore but nothing directly contradicts their existence nor denies them either and there is still enough evidence for them that still exists in canon that hasn't been retconned (for Malice, he was directly brought up in a codex, had a short story about his followers and had a comic, and Malal has even more canon appearances and references) and "non-canon by exclusion from modern fluff" doesn't really hold up or else a million minor character profiles wouldn't be on this site. So I'd say probably just make a note on the bottom of the page stating that they aren't really a relevant character in modern fluff any more.

If you are referring to the Sons of Malice renegade Marines than I hardly think that is sufficient evidence for his existence. Furthermore, Malice is far more of a problem regarding modern lore in that putting him at the level of a major Chaos God is completely ludicrous. At most he'd be a powerful Warp entity, considering how any characters in any modern fluff fail to acknowledge such a seemingly important character. So even if his page is okay to exist it's immensely wanked.

Oh I'm not saying that'd he'd be equal to the Ruinous powers, he'd be more in line with a minor Chaos god like Zuvassin and Necoho, for tiering we'd probably change it to "unknown, possibly 2-B" for his fantasy counterpart with him being much weaker than the big 5 by an unknown degree (For 40k, I'm unfortunately less of an expert when it comes to all of their scalings) . As for justification, for Malice, he has the Sons of Malice, the Dreadaxe which is a tool that is described word for word the same as it's fantasy counterpart which is Malal's weapon to his champion, and the Sons of Malice short story from White Dwarf. It's basically the same amount of justification that we have for someone like Tuska. We can take care of the Fantasy side of things for Malal though.

I am really doubtful on believing the words of literal lunatics who cannibalize people while still thinking they serve the Imperium at face value. At most this new Malice is an unquantifiable daemon among many. Nowhere near as important as say, one like Drach'nyen. And his profile is so intertwined with his current stats you'd have to delete it anyway.

There are not a lot of supporters for this verse, but the suggested change seems uncontroversial to apply.

I'd need the assorted Chaos Gods profiles unlocked to edit the Fantasy key out and Malice deleted, as said before.

Please write a list of all the exact titles for all the pages that you need unlocked, so my automated script can handle it. Take note that this means what the pages are named, not what the characters in them are named. Thank you. Then tell me here when you are done, and I should lock them again.

The profile edits have been done, you may lock them again now.

Okay. I will do so.

What else is left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back