• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What's Quinella's first move, as looking at her profile, and the snippets of her fight I remember, she does have some Hax that is above Bofuru's ability to handle.

Well... She's arrogant. If anything, I doubt she'll even take Maple seriously, who literally looks like a child holding an oversized shield. She didn't even take Kirito seriously at first, IIRC.

As shown in her fight against Cardinal and Kirito, she'll most likely use her Sacred Arts or go for swordfighting. If things go badly, she'll use her Law Manipulation.

Can Maple get past her insane regen? I remember a feat where she regenerated from being incinerated, dropped from a 200m tower, having her heart impaled, and being struck by lightning multiple times.

Well so Quinella high diff for better skills while not a stomp because she COULD get OHKO-ed? Methinks

But then does Maple resist mind controls? Like it is whether who touches whom? And will poison spamming be surpassed by law manip?

Mind Control works via touch. Lawhax is explained on the profile:

Law Manipulation (Can enact her authority onto a specific area in an instant, manipulating it as she pleases. She can force people to bend to her will within this area, and even prevent them from using any of their abilities. She did this with the entirety of the Human Empire to obey the Taboo Index)

Quinella's not as arrogant as people think. She got an Inconclusive against Esdeath because she was more likely to get serious first.

She wouldn't take Maple seriously at first, but the moment that she's getting some ground against her or even tanking some of her attacks, she'll peer into Maple's soul, find out she's got some stuff that could beat her, then either law manip or any of her other dura negating hax.

Of course though, there's still the 20% chance of insta-death or any of other Maple's abilities that could kill Quinella before she peers into Maple's Fluctlight.

One physical attack (esp. a ranged one) would not feed Maple much to the level of overpowering.

Also, once law manip activates there is little Maple can do.

Quinella for my reasons and any RA.

Now let the FRA struggle begin.

Quinella as shown in her battle with Cardinal will definitely resort to Law Manip once things start looking dangerous, and she's far more skilled in combat.

Quinella FRA.

If she leads with her basic Sacred Arts and they're not doing anything to a child, she's definitely going to notice something, and will most likely attempt to get more information.

Maple still has a lot of wincons. Quinella just in general has more.

Quinella actually starts off with Sacred Arts. The only reason why she didn't immediately start off with Sacred Arts when fighting Eugeo, Kirito, Alice, and Cardinal is because she cut off the entire room they're in from space itself, preventing Cardinal from escaping like their first encounter (Quinella wanted to kill Cardinal at the time).

Sacred Arts require "spatial resources" to use (greenery, nature, etc.), and if there aren't many spatial resources around, you can't use much Sacred Arts. Since they were cut out of space itself, of course there wouldn't be much spatial resources to use, thus Quinella used melee and her summon instead- only opting to use Sacred Arts when necessary.

I guess for me it all depends on what Quinella leads with. If she leads with physical, attacks then I vote Maple.

Don't forget that Quinella has the power to look into Maple's soul/fluctlight so she will have an idea of what she's up against.

Does Maple need to be in melee range to do this? Cause considering Quinella actually starts off with ranged Sacred Arts, specifically lightning, I'll go for Quinella.

Once Quinella sees that Maple tanked her attacks, she'll become more suspicious and begin looking into what Maple can do, and once that happens, law manip will activate and that would basically be match.

Xmark12 said:
Does Maple need to be in melee range to do this? Cause considering Quinella actually starts off with ranged Sacred Arts, specifically lightning, I'll go for Quinella.
Once Quinella sees that Maple tanked her attacks, she'll become more suspicious and begin looking into what Maple can do, and once that happens, law manip will activate and that would basically be match.
So, are you voting for Quinella?

Maple's shield and bites have the passive ability "bizarre bites" which negs attacks and can be used only 10 times per day. There is some visual and sound effects on her shield every time the ability is activated.

Depending on the size and overall power of the opponent, the opponent may be hurt a bit or just one shot. Fodder opponents get one-shotted. Bosses and strong opponents usually just have their part of limbs or even weapons destroyed. Fodders attacked in melee range, the whole opponent fodder gets absorbed and killed. Silverwing used scratch on Maple with its claws and its claws are destroyed. Some strong opponents clashed a sword on her and only the sword gets destroyed. Just her shield fell on the floor and the part in touch gets destroyed.

So some air slashes could wear out this ability soon.

That kinda proves my point even more though. The moment an attack is neg'd, Quinella will go full on "Ainz Ooal Gown" panic and try to see what the hell just happened, thus her basically figuring out the entirety of Maple's kit and acting accordingly.

If the Sacred Arts she's starts with are ranged ones instead of physical ones as I thought, then I'd say Quinella is likely to use her hax or exhaust the 10 limit before Maple beats her in that case. So I vote Quinelle

Back