• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

R. Mika (SF) vs Galaga Aliens (Galaga)

Who would win between the two 7-C characters? Each character will have a week's preparation and equalized speed.

(In case you all are wondering, it's R. Mika vs 1 Galaga Alien, not a group of Aliens)

Still though A Galaga Alien has to be up close to get a good hit on Mika. Also, Mika has been shown taking a punch from SFV Balrog, which a Galaga Airship hasn't been seen taking a similar force and survive. This could give her a durability advantage.

Hmm...good point. But i've played Galaga and they are capable of shooting from a good range. If they do get close enough, Mika could nail em, so it's basically range vs raw power.

Well Mika has both Flying Peach and Shooting Peach, which could help her get closer to the Alien, plus she can probably jump pretty high with Superhuman Strength.

You may be right. This battle now seems to depend on if the fight is close range (which benefits Mika) or long range (which benefits the alien)

The fight would probably be mid to close range since Mika focuses on getting close to her opponents. If it were a long range fight though, Mika doesn't have any projectiles as far as I know.

Yeah i'll change my vote given Mika's superior durability, and the fact that the aliens have a tendency to rush into battle kamikaze style. She should be able to tank enough lasers to get in close since speed is equal and the divebombing style of the alien should spell doom.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
Yeah i'll change my vote given Mika's superior durability, and the fact that the aliens have a tendency to rush into battle kamikaze style. She should be able to tank enough lasers to get in close since speed is equal and the divebombing style of the alien should spell doom.
I'm afraid I might have to disagree a bit. I gave the battle a 1 week preparation time, enough time for the Galaga Alien to learn about Mika and adapt it's strategy to stay away a bit while still being in a good range to fire at her.

Would the alien use that time at all though? We really have no way to measure the alien's intelligence other than "attack spaceship, divebomb, and mind control".

Cropfist said:
Galagan wins via flight and range.
If you would see the discussion in full, you'd know that R. Mika has two attacks (The Flying Peach and Shooting Peach) that can launch her torwards her target, plus the Galaga Alien tends to run in kamikaze style at their enemies.

I'd give it to Mika too. Despite flight and range, as noted above the Aliens would tend to get up close too, and a few hit is all that would be needed.

Cropfist said:
She can't reach high enough to hit it and isn't that pure game mechanics?
We really don't have much to go by with an old arcade character other than what is shown. Unless there's some rebooted Galaga game with cutscenes we can judge, that's practically all we have to go by.

I'm not sure, but I think that the movie Pixels had Galagans appear. If they move the same or similar in the movie, wouldn't that be showing their personality?

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
Cropfist said:
She can't reach high enough to hit it and isn't that pure game mechanics?
We really don't have much to go by with an old arcade character other than what is shown. Unless there's some rebooted Galaga game with cutscenes we can judge, that's practically all we have to go by.
It has 18 games to go by.

I'd rather not use newer games to define the canon of old games, unless those are direct and official sequel.

Back