• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R2M2] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Axlven vs Maka Albarn

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Axlven

Base0

Maka Albarn

Grigori Arc to Dark Side of the Moon Arc0
Inconclusive0
The second match of round 2 of the VeneficaAuthor Tier 7-A/High 7-A tourney! It's Axlven from Javenmon vs Maka Albarn from Soul Eater! Winner faces the winner Axlven vs Maka Albarn for a spot in the top 4 against Leaf Girl.

40 meters starting distance with equal speed.

Axlven is at High 7-A.
Maka is at 7-A.

Just like before, Maka should take an easy skill/experience advantage with her training and weapon/martial arts skill. Also she should take all types of IQ. The main problem here is the AP difference, but Soul should be able to take some attacks for Maka if they can’t dodge or fly away from them.

Would Witch and Demon Hunt count as fairy type moves, the scythe changes into a moon like shape and they’re made for dealing with witches and demons like their names suggest

Would Witch and Demon Hunt count as fairy type moves, the scythe changes into a moon like shape and they’re made for dealing with witches and demons like their names suggest
I don't think so I'm pretty sure pkmn types are exclusive to pokemon only
Just like before, Maka should take an easy skill/experience advantage with her training and weapon/martial arts skill. Also she should take all types of IQ. The main problem here is the AP difference, but Soul should be able to take some attacks for Maka if they can’t dodge or fly away from them.
How does that work?

I don't think so I'm pretty sure pkmn types are exclusive to pokemon only

How does that work?
Worth checking

How’s what work? If you’re asking how Soul takes attacks, Soul is the scythe and can’t really fatigue since he’s not in his human form most the time

Worth checking

How’s what work? If you’re asking how Soul takes attacks, Soul is the scythe and can’t really fatigue since he’s not in his human form most the time
Yeye I was talking about scythe anyway I think axlven can pull an anything you can do I can do better with copycat and he can boost up his AP with rain dance.

Yeye I was talking about scythe anyway I think axlven can pull an anything you can do I can do better with copycat and he can boost up his AP with rain dance.
Idk if Maka’s scythe techniques can be copied by someone without a weapon, especially with how it works in verse. For something like Witch Hunter, the Meister and Weapon need to have their soul wavelengths perfectly in sync and Maka’s flight is based on her unique Grigori soul type. Maka is actually a very special case given her soul based abilities most people don’t have.

Boosting AP is good, but Maka has better mobility via flight and skill/IQ plus a weapon to tear Axlven apart to get around those. Also Black Blood can heal her wounds including fatal ones like being stabbed straight through the chest.

Also I’m not entirely sure of Maka’s AP given in her first key she scales to Crona but then she gets far stronger to the point where she one shot a major villain and then gets far stronger after that. So Axlven is either in one shot territory or just a decent bit stronger.

Idk if Maka’s scythe techniques can be copied by someone without a weapon, especially with how it works in verse. For something like Witch Hunter, the Meister and Weapon need to have their soul wavelengths perfectly in sync and Maka’s flight is based on her unique Grigori soul type. Maka is actually a very special case given her soul based abilities most people don't have
Don't have anything for that
Edit: WAIT axlven has covet which they can steal her scythe
Boosting AP is good, but Maka has better mobility via flight and skill/IQ plus a weapon to tear Axlven apart to get around those. Also Black Blood can heal her wounds including fatal ones like being stabbed straight through the chest.
you see Axlven had something called:
Sky Uppercut which would allow them to reach to the sky and hit them.
I'm pretty sure with enough High 7-A attacks can beat Maks to death plus an attack that never misses
Plus covet still exists so Axl steals her weapon and starts discarding? Or using it themself?

Don't have anything for that
Edit: WAIT axlven has covet which they can steal her scythe

you see Axlven had something called:
Sky Uppercut which would allow them to reach to the sky and hit them.
I'm pretty sure with enough High 7-A attacks can beat Maks to death plus an attack that never misses
Plus covet still easier so Axl steals her weapon and starts discarding? Or using it themself?
Can it steal people that turn into scythes?

Ok so that’s a good damage dealer, though Maka has taken plenty of lethal blows before and has her basically instant regen to survive damage plus the blood can strengthen her attacks. And I’m not entirely sure how that “never misses” claim really works in a 3 dimensional field with one character being able to fly and the other not. It works in pokemon since it’s an RPG but in a debate like this I’m not so sure.

Can it steal people that turn into scythes?

Ok so that’s a good damage dealer, though Maka has taken plenty of lethal blows before and has her basically instant regen to survive damage plus the blood can strengthen her attacks. And I’m not entirely sure how that “never misses” claim really works in a 3 dimensional field with one character being able to fly and the other not. It works in pokemon since it’s an RPG but in a debate like this I’m not so sure.
It just steals items, if the scythe counts as an item it should work

Other rpg based fc’s on the wiki have rpg rules applied in their vs threads even when the other person isn’t from one, so I think it should stand that Axlven goes by Pokémon rules

(Otherwise there’s some rematches from a certain low 7-B tourney that I’m sure you and I would love to have)

I checked the description for Covet so it might work, but I doubt Axlven can really steal Soul though given he can just turn to human form and go partial scythe to stab her and Maka can dodge Danmaku midair.
Axl ain't taking that level of disrespect anyways Axl has good iq in battle so I doubt that Scythe would stab her even if He did she would use counter and punch harder then he did possibly one shooting him.

So Soul isn’t getting stolen here. Bullet punch seems rather basic given Black Blood can harden to serve as an armor. It has been damaged by strong enough blows, but Maka should be fine to go after that and counterattack.

So Soul isn’t getting stolen here. Bullet punch seems rather basic given Black Blood can harden to serve as an armor. It has been damaged by strong enough blows, but Maka should be fine to go after that and counterattack.
Axl can always use counter which would double her AP she took from Maks and hit her.

Also this Maka can use
  • Kishin Hunt: The most powerful of the Traditional Scythe-Meister Techniques, it's an even more powerful Demon Hunt that ignores the immortality of a foe and slices it in two, purging all evil within it. However, this technique will have no effect on the pure of heart due to Maka's Anti-Demon Wavelength.
Which is more impressive than the rest of her attacks to deal major damage given the chance to prepare it.

Can she take the high 7–A barrage?
She took this (semi gore) before the Black Blood came in to save her and like mentioned, the blood can harden to mitigate damage and the AP diff is hard to gauge anyways. Punches shouldn’t be too much given Maka took a beating from Giriko who had chainsaws on his limbs and was at the very least still conscious even without Black Blood. It’s noted on her profile she and Soul have never once suffered from fatigue in a fight too.

She took this (semi gore) before the Black Blood came in to save her and like mentioned, the blood can harden to mitigate damage and the AP diff is hard to gauge anyways. Punches shouldn’t be too much given Maka took a beating from Giriko who had chainsaws on his limbs and was at the very least still conscious even without Black Blood. It’s noted on her profile she and Soul have never once suffered from fatigue in a fight too.
As far as I know they should all be 7-A via harming maks herself and maks is messing with an High 7-A so this would be slightly more different like I said pkmn know how to battle so it's not saying that it won't only do an barrage it might do an aeriel ace.

As far as I know they should all be 7-A via harming maks herself and maks is messing with an High 7-A so this would be slightly more different like I said pkmn know how to battle so it's not saying that it won't only do an barrage it might do an aeriel ace.
High 7-A only goes up to 4.3 Gigatons/4300 Megatons while 7-A which Maka should be closer to the high end of goes from 100 Megatons to 1 gigaton. I feel the AP gap is being a bit overemphasized over other factors of the fight. And yeah Axl knows how to fight, but Maka and Soul have years of training plus experience which includes fighting a literal 800 year old god. They’re naturally more strategic too, with Maka being an academic genius and Soul being there to keep her set straight. Two heads over one.

I feel like as long as she keeps her cool which she should against a seemingly random animal, her chances of winning should be good with her advantages and basically bottomless regen. I think Axl is held back by not seeming to have a lot of AOE on their side to consistently wear down Maka with. I just wish I could properly gauge her AP.

Last edited:
High 7-A only goes up to 4.3 Gigatons/4300 Megatons while 7-A which Maka should be closer to the high end of goes from 100 Megatons to 1 gigaton. I feel the AP gap is being a bit overemphasized over other factors of the fight. And yeah Axl knows how to fight, but Maka and Soul have years of training plus experience which includes fighting a literal 800 year old god. They’re naturally more strategic too, with Maka being an academic genius and Soul being there to keep her set straight. Two heads over one.
Yeye that's cool and all but rain dance has stat amps and ok fine I will admit unless you say this axlven fought against an unit like arceus or maybe idk Maks gets experience
And it's not saying that this axlven can just summon more axlvens on top of that (they can actually do that in the games) so that makes up for the two heads are better than one thing
I feel like as long as she keeps her cool which she should against a seemingly random animal, her chances of winning should be good with her advantages and basically bottomless regen. I think Axl is held back by not seeming to have a lot of AOE on their side to consistently wear down Maka with. I just wish I could properly gauge her AP.
Ok imagine walking through an forest then some 10 ft tall thing starts to summon rain clouds and just steals your trusty pocket knife lol.
Axl has rain but it's for Ap Boosting.

Yeye that's cool and all but rain dance has stat amps and ok fine I will admit unless you say this axlven fought against an unit like arceus or maybe idk Maks gets experience
And it's not saying that this axlven can just summon more axlvens on top of that (they can actually do that in the games) so that makes up for the two heads are better than one thing

Ok imagine walking through an forest then some 10 ft tall thing starts to summon rain clouds and just steals your trusty pocket knife lol.
Axl has rain but it's for Ap Boosting.
You really need to update the powers and abilities section on this thing, because I never heard about duplication. Though Maka has experience with multiple attacks coming at her and the Axl’s are still not that sharp.

Maka has fought people like Mosquito who are gigantic so she shouldn’t be fazed by just 10 feet. I already went over why I don’t think Soul would let himself get stolen. He has a free will, even if the move goes off, he’s going right back to Maka. How big is the AP boost and what are Axl’s best options for dealing big damage fast before Maka just cuts them up with Witch or Kishin Hunter?

You really need to update the powers and abilities section on this thing, because I never heard about duplication. Though Maka has experience with multiple attacks coming at her and the Axl’s are still not that sharp.

Maka has fought people like Mosquito who are gigantic so she shouldn’t be fazed by just 10 feet. I already went over why I don’t think Soul would let himself get stolen. He has a free will, even if the move goes off, he’s going right back to Maka. How big is the AP boost and what are Axl’s best options for dealing big damage fast before Maka just cuts them up with Witch or Kishin Hunter?
It's actually summoning last time I played was when I tried to catch an goomy basically the Pokémon calls out for help and another one either doesn't or does drop down otherwise all of these are good arguments 😅
So uhh imma weep rq because the cutest character I've ever made is bout to get absolutely mangled haha...
Maks fra

Back