• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Radiation Application Discussion

For this Thread, it is about adding the application of Radiation for any verse should they be qualified for it and for the explosion calcs, now I know the wiki has certain standards (particularly for Explosion Calcs), but I believe that the standards should be revised, not like changing the formula, but for calcs where you have to divide by half because it is not radiation based. But here, I wish to get at least staff members opinions on creating an application list for verses that would qualify for having radiation energy.

so here is a starter list for what would qualify the verse for their energy system to be radiation base:

• The Energy in question is labeled as "Radiation"
  • The Energy comes from sources that would cause radiation such as Natural Light sources (Sun, Moon), Radioactive material, etc..
  • Comes from the result of a fusion or fission based process.
  • The Energy causes similar effects as radiation would:
    • Damages atoms of living beings
    • Causes physical contaminations
    • Is considered poisonous/sick
    • Causes a malignant growth to grow or a cancer
    • Causes mutation of various kinds depending on genetic affects
  • Either it would be highly concentrated or repeated exposure to such radiation overtime
Let me know what you think

I'm kinda lost, is this about what would qualify an ability as radiation or what would qualify an explosion as nuclear?

I am also uncertain regarding what you wish to achieve here.

It is for two things,

1. For which verse's energy system in question would qualify as radiation based

2. For any feats that would involve explosions formula would not need to divide by half as they would qualify as radiation

Okay. You can ask DontTalkDT and some calc group members to comment here if you wish.

Could you list any examples of what you're actually thinking of in terms of verses?

Damage3245 said:
Could you list any examples of what you're actually thinking of in terms of verses?
That is the thing, I can only think of two verses such as the Real World via actual sources of Radiation like EM waves, Nukes, nuclear plants melt down. And the only other verses I can think of is Fairy Tail (With Magic behaving like radiation and comes from sources or are the produce of events that would cause Radiation) and Destiny (Weapons and powers that do behave like radiation and/or labeled as radiation base), I am certain there are other verses that would be applicable if they follow the criteria, I would think that the explosion from Netero's nuke "Rose" which kills various characters with it's fallout (HunterXHunter)

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
I'm fine with adding certain standards for radiation, but I don't get the explosion part.
The explosion part is for if the energy in question meets the standards for what would count for radiation, you don't need to divide by half for the final result

CNBA's intention is to apply this to Fairy Tail's magic system, something it has been rejected.

Even if this becomes a rule within the wiki, it would change nothing to FT.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Ok. Seems reasonable. I'm fine with this.
Thank you

Another example would be for in Warhammer, the Warpstone which causes mutation with it's radiating energy.

So what's the question here? Was it to imply Radiation Manipulation for characters who can cause nuclear explosions?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
So what's the question here? Was it to imply Radiation Manipulation for characters who can cause nuclear explosions?
The discussion here is for any verse that would with either their regular power system and/or both using explosion calculations without dividing by half would be considered radiation if they meet most of the criteria above.

This is kinda what we do for InFAMOUS so I'm fine

Some experienced calc group member(s) need to decide which instruction page that needs to be adjusted and in what manner.

I though we already do this, that's why we divide by two any explosion yield that is non-nuclear.

Antoniofer said:
I though we already do this, that's why we divide by two any explosion yield that is non-nuclear.
From what I understood, the standard on this site is for any verse that are explicit stated to be nuclear and nothing else related

Still do not sounds like anything we weren't doing from the past. Although, take into account just cuz its an aoe attack that generate radiation doesn't mean that we use the that equation.

Antoniofer said:
Still do not sounds like anything we weren't doing from the past. Although, take into account just cuz its an aoe attack that generate radiation doesn't mean that we use the that equation.
Do you mean by if the explosion feat that has shown to generate some sort of radiation or fallout, doesn't change that it would give some sort of reason to not divide by half?

The explosion description need to prove that is of nuclear nature to avoid being divided by two, but simply being aoe and, let say, induce radiolysis means that the equation should apply (mostly cuz simply being aoe means is an explosion, and needs to feat the equation criteria).

Antoniofer said:
The explosion description need to prove that is of nuclear nature to avoid being divided by two, but simply being aoe and, let say, induce radiolysis means that the equation should apply (mostly cuz simply being aoe means is an explosion, and needs to feat the equation criteria).
Okay, that is what one part of the thread is about, creating a criteria list above that would fit with radiolysis as well.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Oh, okay. This seems fine then.
Okay, Thank you.

@Antvasima, How many people would be needed for these changes to be applied?

Well, it wouldn't hurt if you ask DontTalkDT, Ugarik, and Executor N0 to comment here, in order to make sure.

You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Back