• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Raiden swings his blade and he dies

Honestly Genos vs Amber might be a bit better, Genos has weaker literally everything and Raiden has a Dura ignoring blade

Commenting before this is a necro.

Everyone here is totally overweighing the power of durability negation, as for Raider it is hilariously limited in range. It's certainly not a stomp here.

Genos outranges Raiden to a crazy degree and has flight that drastically increases maneuverability. He can just projectile-spam Raiden at a range until he wears down the cyborg.

That said Genos does have a tendency to close distance with many enemies, although as was seen in his fight with Saitama he tends to open with a bunch of beam attacks before closing in.

bump

Thought it over and Raiden likely takes this more often than not. Genos' best bet is abusing range and just projectile/beam spamming Raiden, but in-character he eventually moves in for punches and melee attacks, which equals limbs being chopped off.

Although if Raiden doesn't instakill Genos can do without a limb or too and would probably just move to range spam after; I just doubt Raiden would hack off a limb instead of bisecting/beheading.

Raiden does have ranged weapons that are canonically modified to be able to hurt Cyborgs in the setting, EMP grenades would outright disable Genos' robotic parts unless he has shown resistance to them, and other types of grenades can also be used by Raiden to conceal his movements as they are able to completely block a cyborgs' vision.

I'm not saying Raiden doesn't have ranged weapons, I'm saying none of them are remotely close to Genos in range.

And before you mention the 'hundreds of meters' on Raiden's profile that's just for his firearms; nothing I've seen from Revengence gets close to Genos' maximum range.

Genos can legit win this by taking to the air and just repeatedly nuking Raiden but it isn't very in character for him to do that long enough to actually win here.

Raiden in MGR has access to a modified Stinger which has a maximum range of 4km, and the weapons in Metal Gear are literally just real life weapons that simply hit harder than they would IRL so no real reason to assume they wouldn't have the range.

Maximum Range and Effective Range are two different things. I strongly doubt that he can even accurately fire the weapon from such a range, unless you have a scan to show me I'm unaware of.

Could you list out any other weapons that actually reach Genos's effective range? And show when he's fired them at their absolute maximum range?

Genos could easily shoot down a rocket, too.

Meanwhile Genos has a plenty of energy based attacks he can spam with.

It's a heat seeking/homing missile, he literally only needs to point it at Geno's general direction for it to lock on, and even before he got his Cyborg augmentations he was able to headshot people from hundreds of meters with a sniper rifle.

Furthermore since speed is unequal Genos would actually be unable to tag the missiles themselves as they are designed to take out MHS androids in the setting.

You're really being too generous with the efficiency of heat seeking weapons. Genos just blasts it out of the air.

Last time I checked MGRR Raiden doesn't snipe people from hundreds of meters away nor does he even carry said weapons on him regularly. Although I'd love scans of him headshotting from hundreds of meters.

He doesn't need to tag them. Obviously the heat of Genos' attacks would be far greater than himself and they'd just hit the energy blasts he produces. Even then Genos has area of effect attacks. You give the missiles far too much credit once again.

Also point out to me how often Raiden actually uses said Stinger in combat in this key.

And I've yet to see scans, so eh.

The sad part is that I still think Raiden wins this so this debate is ultimatly meaningless to begin with.

So uh

Genos can pretty easily shoot down the projectiles now.

Like I said Raiden still takes this because it's out of character for Genos to stay too long at a huge range distance. Raiden's long ranged options outside of that aren't very good in this key, especially considering most of his weapons are just temporarily looted in MGRR.

@Dargoo Raiden has faced against enemies that would try to play the range game before and came out on top like Metal Gear Ray. He'll likely do the same thing to Genoa should he ever rely on range

Genos has a way better range than Ray, but he won't try abusing it too much.

That said I've only watched the OPM anime so if that's something he does frequently in the manga/webcomic someone can correct me.

Not the place to be asking that, ignoring the necro. But sure. The OPM manga is the primary canon, with any changes having to have direct permission from ONE, whereas ONE gave quite a bit of leeway to Madhouse (and later JC) to alter the original story. Tatsumaki dropping a meteor on the Ancient King is an example of this.

Back