• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raven (RWBY) vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, you're right. I can be a bit absent-minded sometimes, so forgive the misunderstanding.

I find myself in one of those rare cases where I agree with Weekly here, Raven takes this by the hairs on her head.

I thought you were meaning to use 8-B MGRR Raiden, before he got his custom body, which is Low 7-C. But yeah, with Raiden being restricted quite a bit here, Raven should take this high-diff.

Gargoyle One said:
Wait what?
Why was Raven's match with Akame removed?
That was a accident, I'll put it back. (Someone copied my blog and didn't notice it)

Whoever implemented the edit likely thought the revision would have made it outdated, however that wouldn't be the case. You should just add it back again.

Aura is just an HP bar, it can be worn down. You don't have to overcome forcefields to eventually break it. A lot of people misunderstand this. You can one-shot through aura as well (Adam vs Yang). Aura, of course, has different total "HP" levels for every user.

I'm giving Raiden an edge on skill here. I'd also note (though it's irrelevant) any version of MGR Raiden would destroy her.

HF Blade won't destroy her sword but it would still harm her overall durability if she tries to protect it since that's how aura works. (It's worth noting it's worth doing so because losing your weapon is pretty bad as long as you can tank.)

Raiden would win an extended match only due to his inexhaustible stamina and her ability to heal (Aura passively heals) would be a non-factor because any blow dealt without her Aura up is a one-shot. The question is if the fight lasts that long.

Dust is interesting but it doesn't give enough of an edge. It's not like Raiden hasn't fought with weird shit before. He's also usually very cautious and tries to learn how to defeat his opponent.

Going by the speed charts he is faster than her.

I have to give this to Raiden at medium difficulty. I was actually leaning Raven starting this out when I saw MGS4 Raiden but since it's also base Raven I just think she doesn't have the tools necessary to take him out. She can tank him for a bit but due to his higher speed, an *edge* on skill, and high attack potency (equal to hers) I think he wins.

Let me say this. I think there is definitely a world where this Raven beats this Raiden. I'm just saying he wins 6/10 times.

This version of Raiden does actually have an exhaustible and technically limited stamina due to needing to refuel to keep fighting, which he wont be able to do here

It actually does as stuff like Gravity Dust will increase the power of her strikes with that blade

Speed is equalized

I'm familiar with her Dust Blades. I didn't see speed was equalized, my bad (I dislike speed equalize :[).

His stamina is still really high, beyond what he'd need for this combat, so I stay with that. Raven's stamina is up for debate.

Faust I'm inconclusive now.

Edit: I'm only inconclusive because of speed being equalized. Because theoretically this means she could tag him every time he tried to attack her, which is the only thing that allows him to eventually punch through her aura.

Honestly in a real battle I think they'd double KO.

Kinda witch Rwby had some better speed feats tbh

Hypersonic isn't bad at all for 8B and High 8C though

There's a quad digit mach feat for Sun and another triple digit mach for Blake too but meh

Lets not get off track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back