• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 2 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Re zero cast

Thread for discussing anything re zero related, be careful when discussing spoilers on events beyond the anime.

This rem thread can be used to discuss explicitly spoiler related content but be warned it contains massive spoilers so if you just want to know a single or couple of things scroll to the bottom and ask your questions and try not to look at anything throughout it.

Edit: At some point this thread divulges into a lot of spoilers so proceed at your own caution

Interview with the author: http://pastebin.com/8QTMKVDx

Web Novel Translations:https://translationchicken.com/

Discussion thread 3

Yea this was a calm before the storm type of episode cause after this week it's just gonna be constant insanity until the end.

Btw i heard that volume 10 of the LN is gonna be released just a month after volume 9 which means we could have monthly releases for volumes and seeing as arc 4 will have like 10 volumes then in just a year there should be enough material for a season 2.

yeah i also heard there will 1-2 month gap between every voluma which is insane , tappei also said he will cut serval things from arc 4 to make it shorter , so maybe 7-8 volumes for arc 4 and 5-6 volumes for arc 5

btw i just checked the chapter release date schedule in the WN and it took tappei just 1years and two months to finish arc 4 with 130 chapter while it's already been a year with arc 6 and we have only 23 chapters xDDD

working on the anime really affected his writing speed and he will be more busy from now on we can't expect the same speed from as before and depend on how it goes LN may catch up to the WN like all the others LN

If he keeps up the one month release pace with the LN and finishes arc 4 in a bit over a year and shortly after a season 2 is announced that will slow the WN down again and if the same happens with arc 5 i can see the LN eventually catching up.

There no way he will keep "new volume every month " pacing if he do that while cutting stuff from arc 4 he may end it in 7-9 month not a year xD it's depend on ow much he cut from arc 4 as well

Arc 6 was fast pacing but the release was slow it's been roughly a year since the star of arc 6 and even before the anime started airing in a 6 months and half we only got 23 chapter and nothing since month 2

This salt is still going on lol, i remember there was a meme with characters from other series saying they love emilia can't remember where i saw the pics though.

Meh ..i hope we get alot of screenshot at least

First route i will play is Ram route ...than anastasia....then Curush

Just took a quiz to see which royal candidate i would get and i got the best girl crusch. "Result: Your Candidate is Crusch!

Crusch believes the Kingdom of Lugnica belongs to the people, not the dragon of the covenant.

As the ruler, she promises to eradicate the ancient pact with the dragon.

The honorable Crusch rules with a ironclad yet kind fist. Her power lies in her strong-mindedness and respect she commands from her subjects."

Here is the quiz if you want to take it yourself.

Got Crusch as well. Nice. It was kinda predictable though since I can tell which choices will lead to her.

@Gemmysaur who is your favorite royal candidate and how would you rank than from best to worse?

Hmm. That's hard, if only for the top two.

Probably Crusch #1 because she has agenda and a backbone to do it. She makes a good point about the dragon being pretty much a useless freeloader for its guardian status. Her militaristic view could also be a boon in that she could have a really good set of advisers that are worth their salt as she wouldn't have it any less.

My #2 Emilia has a good moral grasp but her long term planning is meh. If she plans to shut down the army, she gets a very good amount of moolah for whatever projects she plans to do, but that leaves hundreds if not thousands of soldiers and what not unemployed, many of which are most likely unqualified for any other job unrelated to combat.

My #3 Felt has no clear view on what she wants at all other than what is clearly shown on her part of the table. She does know how it is in the darker parts of the land though so she has a good starting point for what to improve upon. This would make her a pro-poor sort of person if anything.

My #4 Priscilla is just eh. Sure she's got a good eye for people and a good head on her shoulders when she actually uses it but her vanity and extreme carefree attitute is just bad for the land. She does have a good point in that if she does something, it has to be great.

My #5 Anastasia is an extreme totalitarian. She's beyond greedy but this greed could either make or break her ruling. She could have the best for her country, or she gets the best of everything and leave everything else to others.

Anyways, these are my opinions and understandings of each.

Royal princess candidates
#makelugunicagreatagai

My number one is crusch of course she has a strong personality and is an overall good leader, she makes a good point that relying solely on the dragon leads to stagnation and that the people have to stand up for themselves. The country under crusch would prosper however i do think that under her rule some people would suffer like the poor for instance she believes in others pulling themselves up from their own situations so she wouldn't really directly help the poor. Imo poverty isn't something that can be solved by the government directly intervening and giving out hand outs of food or things like that, doing things like that won't bring people out of poverty just make them dependent on the handouts given by the government hence they will have no motivation to better themselves. What is needed is for the government to create opportunities for the poor to be able to help themselves out of their situation, a harsh truth but truth nonetheless i think.

Also agreed on emilia being number 2 i think her morals and ideals are in the right place but she really isn't fit to be a leader at the moment she is too naive and would easily be taken advantaged of, what she needs are good comrades around to guide her in the right path though i want her to stand as her own person, and be strong on her own and not totally rely on others. Her ideals are idealistic in a perfect world she would be the perfect candidate i think but in reality crusch is the candidate that the country needs.

Also agreed on felt being number 3, she comes from the slums so she knows how those people feel she doesn't have any clear direction at the moment besides pulling down the country however she could shape up to be a good candidate in the future.

I place anastasia at number 4 she is completely greedy and as such this can either go extremely well for the country or extremely bad. In her greed she could completely screw over the poor and only serve towards the needs of the wealthy or she could create a system where everyone has a chance to make something of themselves, equal opportunity so to speak, she does employ a lot of demi-humans after all.

Number 5 would be priscilla she is a complete wild card she does have a good eye for people and she is very intelligent but her personality is very narcissistic. This can lead to her not giving a damn about her kingdom or because the kingdom represents her she would try to make it the best kingdom possible.

I got Crusch !!!! seriously tho shes my ideal ruler .....worth nothing even tappei said in recent interview that he would choose Cursch as ruler in real life

btw is there really people who want to take Felt as ruler ?

Emilia is too idealistic such thing doesn't work in real world she will end up destroying herself and the country as well

begin ruler isn't about begin kind , the ruler must be respected\feared\ loved all of that , not all people are the same if they don't fear you they won't obey you

i am trying to say some cool stuff but my english isn't helping me xD

Just go watch rider speech in Fate\Zero <3

I'd think Emilia would be a fine ruler, just not on the scale of an entire kingdom. Give her a patch of land, say Roswaal's, and her idealistic and moral thinking will do good.

^

Fair point

Big kingdom with a lot of people and complicated stuff need someone like Crusch , even the author said he will pick Crusch if he were to choose in real life

Agreed she would be a fine ruler of a patch of land or like a province but not a kingdom she is far to kind and naive to rule something that large.

So the preview is finally out. Betelguese's hands can grow to building size it seems, they are so slow though seems anyone could dodge them if they could actually see them.

Only subaru can doge that with MHS+ reaction\combat speed ......

seriously tho if he can't catch Subaru Then the likes of Rem can wipe his ass regardless of it size

If rem could see it that is, because it's invisble you won't know when it's coming unless you are subaru of course so despite it's crappy speed being invisible makes up for it.

I doubt sehkment's hands are that slow though.

That mean the only good thing about the damn invisible hands that it's invisible lol , i can imagine Rem kicking his ass if she saw his hands back then , though he still have very annoying other ability

Yea, rem still couldn't beat him though even if she could see them because of his 2 other abilities he would kill her.

Speaking of his other abilities, judging by the preview it seems "that" scene is gonna happen and it's gonna end on a massive cliffhanger.

Exactly beating Betelgeuse's in pure combat mean nothing

There also Emilia there , don't know what her role will be if that thing will happen at the end of the episode , man next episode we have to deal with "Ram " and Betelgeuse's , big battle will happen , oh shit Emillia is there , that massive cliffhanger happen

Well shit that's leave only 2 episodes to clear it up the pacing is kinda weird don't know how they will do the after math

Well we can only hope

To be honest i feel this whole cliffhanger was unnecessary he could wrap it up in one ...... sometimes he add despair just for the sake of despair , This gonna be old game by time just saying

Wrap up what in one? The whole fight with betelguese? I think that would be a bit too fast, it is an enitre volume that they are adapting after all.

Well anime campanies always like to leave on cliffhangers it's a bad habit, the despair in this series isn't going anywhere though it's just gonna get worse.

He can do what he want because he can always revere it We never make out of arc with major "lose " with the exception of certain arc and the author have to be a d!ck with that character out of the whole cast

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

No you got it wrong i meant one Loop instead of repeating this i mean we had great build and charisma going one then you just kill it to make him repeat it in like "one episode ? com'n now .... They have a lot of after math as well , they can't spend the last ep on fight

That's incorrect what happened in that arc with that certain character proves that major losses can and will happen, it doesn't necessarily have to be like a permanent death though.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Crusch got messed up after the events of arc 3 she didn't die but who she was as a person completely changed, then in arc 4 with emilia no longer being able to use puck, and in arc 5 a lot of people got messed up by capella's poison which is why subaru has to go to the tower so saying there won't be major losses is incorrect and you and i both know damn well by the end of this emilia probably won't be ok.

Oh that's what you meant well i heard in web novel it was actually worse there was 2 loops instead of one. They will probably kill betelguese in ep 24 and 25 will just be after math or maybe they will kill off betelguese half way through 24 and have half of 24 and 25 for aftermath who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back