• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 8 (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Re zero 4

Thread for discussing anything re zero related, proceed with caution as spoilers beyond the anime are definitely going to be thrown around.

Locatio of all the translated materials so far.

Emilia seeing the future :

.She saw the future.

"...without that, you can't even swing your sword. You thief!!" (Note: speaker might be Wilhelm)

"There, you see? I win again" (Note: speaker is Priscilla)

"Subaru and big sister Emilia are all worn out. I'm sorry. Even with that, I've become a burden. I'm sorry. For so very long, I've wanted to thank you, even though it wouldn't be enough..."

Each time the multicolored light touched her, it showed Emilia a different future.

"For someone I wanted to kill this much to be a kind person, this is a real nightmare."

"There are some feelings that must never be spoken. Are you satisfied with this result, after having revealed them?"

"Does this make you feel like you've kept your promise? If so... if so, I'd should have been smothered in that pit and died! Rather... rather than see a dawn like this, it would have been better to have things end! Damn it, damn it!"

"I'm sorry. Since I was so weak, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to kill you, I'm sorry. With this, ... will be alone forever. I'm sorry I was weak..."

Lamentation, anger, endings, rebirths, partings, meetings, all were shown in various ways.

"Hmm, hmm... My favorite grandchild... has grown up so well..." (Note: speaker is probably Old Man Rom, referring to Felt)

"You absolutely must not get killed by something so ridiculous as a curse!"

"I just noticed, that's all. All the days up til now, I haaaaaven't been walking alone." (Note: speaker is probably Roswaal)

"Why...can't you hold my soul!?" (Note: translation very unclear, as to whose soul can't stay, and where it can't stay)

...Is there only despair in the future? Is there nothing but sorrow, and suffering?

"I'mma kill ya! Yeah!? Subaru Natsuki!!" (Note: speaker may be Garfiel)

"After all, we must shed our blood to the last drop, for redemption."

"Who cares about good and evil, what you like or don't, what's right and wrong? You go ahead and keep walking that path. I'll... we'll crush anything that stands in our way, be it a witch, be it a dragon, anything."

...If so, then wasn't this the wrong path? Was what she was asking for a mistake?

"...I think it's prideful to ask for things when you pray. Prayer is for when you seek forgiveness."

...In the last world of light, that was said by the girl who had never awoken or spoken.

She thought that she would really like to speak with that girl. Even though she was rejecting the thought of denying everything, that feeling alone was enough.

This line belong to subaru : "For someone I wanted to kill this much to be a kind person, this is a real nightmare." < he either talk about sloth or Ley "most likely sloth" however he said "i wanted to kill " while he did kill sloth already so it may goes either way

This is for Rem of course :I think it's prideful to ask for things when you pray. Prayer is for when you seek forgiveness." < this is after she wake up so maybe end of arc 6

Remind some of these lines already happened in post arc 4 events such as :

• I just noticed, that's all. All the days up til now, I haaaaaven't been walking alone. (Roswall said this in Arc 6)

• There, you see? I win agai (Must be Priscilla, not sure whether this line comes up in Arc 5)
    • "...without that, you can't even swing your sword..." (Should be Wilhelm talking to Reinhard)

"...without that, you can't even swing your sword. You thief!!" Reinhard nerf incoming?

"There, you see? I win again" (Note: speaker is Priscilla) Priscilla wins the royal selection?

"For someone I wanted to kill this much to be a kind person, this is a real nightmare." What ley?

"I'm sorry. Since I was so weak, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to kill you, I'm sorry. With this, ... will be alone forever. I'm sorry I was weak..." Clearly refering to satella.

"You absolutely must not get killed by something so ridiculous as a curse!" Who?

"I just noticed, that's all. All the days up til now, I haaaaaven't been walking alone." Roswaal redemption?

"Why...can't you hold my soul!?" Lewes rejecting echidna?

Here exception from one of my friends :

• "...without that, you can't even swing your sword..." (Should be Wilhelm talking to Reinhard)

• There, you see? I win agai (Must be Priscilla, not sure whether this line comes up in Arc 5)
    • "Subaru and big sister Emilia are all worn out. I'm sorry. Even with that... (Everyone favour Petra, maybe she will leave in the future)
    • "For someone I wanted to kill this much to be a kind person, this is a real nightmare. (Subaru talking about Peta)
    • "There are some feelings that must never be spoken... (Not sure, some said it is Ferris)
    • "Does this make you feel like you've kept your promise... (Otto, you can tell from he saying pit and died)
    • "I'm sorry. Since I was so weak... (Maybe Subaru or Garfiel)
    • "Hmm, hmm... My favorite grandchild... (Wintry guess Rom, I say it is Lewes)
    • "You absolutely must not get killed by something so ridiculous as a curse!" (No idea)
    • I just noticed, that's all. All the days up til now, I haaaaaven't been walking alone. (Roswall said this in Arc 6)
    • "Why...can't you hold my soul!?" (Some said it is Roswall when he found that the dead body of Dona)
    • "I'mma kill ya! Yeah!? Subaru Natsuki!!" (Grafiel, and the line seem to be why dont you kill me as promised)
    • "After all, we must shed our blood to the last drop.. (Resident of Sanctuary?)
    • "Who cares about good and evil, what you like or don't, what's right and wrong... (Should be Felt)
    • "...I think it's prideful to ask for things when you pray. Prayer is for when you seek forgiveness... (Must be Rem because it said the girl who had never awoken. Maybe this is the ending of Arc 6?)

Fun fact : there no timeline where Rem in love with subaru and she' alive and he's dead , it's something said in the trails subaru never saw Rem's reaction to his death and he wonder what her reaction will be

not counting the coma of course

Arc 6 chapter 7 is out.

[Shopkeeper: I believe the tower at the sand sea was built hundreds of years ago. The number of idiots that have tried to go there hasn't decreased. If a person did reach it there's no way he/she wouldn't have introduced themselves. Don't you know? That one guy would end up achieving failure even as a "Sword Saint".]

Conquering the Pleiades watchtower was a failed challenge even for Reinhard. He's been told about it from Reinhard himself, and he's also talked about the abnormally high difficulty of conquering the watchtower. But even then, the people who had to overcome it were Subaru's current group.

So what exactly makes reinhard unable to reach the tower, the mabeast can't do anything to him, and i don't think shaula could either but i don't think he has met shaula before, so i am guessing it's the miasma, but how does that prevent him though? The miasma does warp space to make you wonder around the same location again and again, i guess that's what's stopped reinhard.

[Emilia: Ummm, Subaru. If described, a miasma would be called mana that is polluted by bad things. You can't see it with your eyes, but it's something that's everywhere, don't you know?]

[Subaru: Eh…so mana is miasma?]

Emilia's points surprised Subaru. The explanation was easy to understand, but the implications were a bit different from what Subaru had imagined. Mana truly did have an extremely big amount of influential power for magic users and spirits. However, if they just lived their lives and simply used equestrian dragons to move, then mana wasn't really a big deal. But, Emilia slowly shook her head as if she had predicted Subaru's disappointed spirit.

[Emilia: You can't take miasma lightly. Normal mana is something that's pure, has no color and no directivity. But miasma…….just from taking in the the mana polluted by bad things via gate, it corrupts creatures inside. Considering how gate is an organ that naturally takes in mana, that's something that can't be avoided.]

[Subaru: Can't have your breathing permanently stop, after all.]

[Shopkeeper: The lady's interpretation is correct, but the miasma drifting about at the sand dunes is even worse. ――The miasma over there even ruins food and drinks for creatures.]

[Subaru: You mean food becomes unedible?]

[Shopkeeper: I mean that once you eat it, the miasma's pollution advances. You'll go crazy just from taking even a little bit of it with through your gate. Try taking it in directly through the stomach. The pollution will swallow you whole.]

[Subaru: What happens then? It won't stop just because of me going insane?]

[Shopkeeper: People commonly say that you'll die in madness. To tell you the truth………well, I can't deny it.]

Miasma op

So the miasma corrupts the mind much like the witch gene? =o

That is probably the reason why Reinhard couldn't pass through the desert, because he doesn't want to get corrupted?

Hello there, you're new, the miasma is basically polluted mana, it's invisible and everywhere, people use magic by channeling mana through their gate, you can't avoid the miasma cause it attacks your gate and mess you up from the inside, driving you insane.

I find it odd that reinhard couldn't reach the tower because the miasma shouldn't be able to do anything to him considering the stuff he has taken before, like the time sirius used her ability to manipulate death when reinhard killed her and then she made everyone die along with her, but it didn't work on reinhard.

I am just guessing that because the miasma warps space making you travel around the same location over and over, reinhard couldn't reach the tower.

Lemon back again with more rem content, this time a summary tappei wrote about rem. Also 4 chan chapter 98 and 99 are out.

Fortuna: "You're just a worrier—isn't any way to dismiss this. Don't worry, it's stable as ever. There isn't even a million in one chance it could come undone. —I wouldn't be able to show my face to my brother or sister in law again."

So emilia's parents probably died making that seal, question is what is sealed?

Man: "Huhuhuhu. Your commendations humble me. However, that indeed would be onerous.
Should the world learn the true purposes of our deeds, I suspect that stable society would again submerge into a sea of chaos. Neither you nor I, nor most importantly she, would desire that."

So this is betelguese, seriously what's sealed and apparently it involves all the elves and it's so great that if it's found out it would cause chaos, no wonder pandora wants it.

Maybe the miasma does affect Reinhard but not the authority of Sirius? I find it really weird that her authority didn't affect Reinhard - since the authority of Regulus did hurt Reinhard (which means that he isn't immune to authorities) Maybe it will be changed in the light novels but I think it's a cheap way to make Reinhard unbeatable even tho it was shown that he is affected by authorities just like everyone else.

inb4 the witch cult turn out to be working for the greater good.

Pretty sure Regulus's authority didn't work on Reinhard, the only time it did is when Regulus took Emilia hostage and told Reinhard to take one of his attacks unguarded which he did and that killed Reinhard but he resurrected, afterwards i don't remember Regulus actually hurting Reinhard just that Reinhard also couldn't hurt Regulus.

And Reinhard is immune to practically everything he comes up against, Puck as a byproduct of his existence freezes everything at absolute zero, reinhard causaully walks up to him unaffected, sirius tried to manipulate Reinhard's emotions and it had no effect on him. As for the witch cult being good, maybe a century ago they were, but now they cetaintly aren't.

It does work against Reinhard. Reinhard wouldn't have a reason to try and dodge his attacks/run around if the authority doesn't work on him. He could have stood still and spammed his attacks if that was the case but it isn't.

He did have trouble fighting against Regulus and Cecilus so he isn't exactly immune to everything - just really overpowered.

You do have a point, the thing is regulus is broken, he can negate durability, so if reinhard did take his attacks head on he would be dead yes i think, not to mention that regulus can't be hurt when his authority is on, reinhard had no way to hurt regulus, but he is faster and plus he apparently has a super sense that allows him to know of danger and predict his opponents moves so yea regulus wouldn't be able to touch reinhard. I need arc 5 translations to know what happens indepth.

I am still waiting for the regulus vs cecilius fight to come out and be translated, from what i can see cecilius has no broken abilities just uses blue lightning, so yea he overpowered reinhard. Reinhard still has resistance to some abilities though, i think it's just that regulus was too broken.

An extra information about Regulus, but he is really bad at fighting. Predicting what the enemy is going to do and fast reaction is nigh impossible for Regulus. He is also physically weak with no strategic mind. Subaru kinda mentioned that the way Regulus is fighting is over the top. He destroys things needlessly and never tries to directly kill his enemy unless they really piss him off (he had chances to kill Subaru but he didn't) Subaru described his fighting style as not fighting to win or kill his enemy but rather fighting to show that he is strong and "right" (I got that from google translate so I'm not really sure about it but it sound in character for Regulus)

Regulus vs Reinhard would have ended in a stalemate if Subaru didn't learn about his weakness.

I wish someone would translate chapter 59 of arc 5 or the Reinhard side story. T-T Seeing as arc 5 is the least translated arc, I was thinking of putting a translation request on reddit for chapter 59. I am not sure if others want this specific chapter or another one from arc 5 but it is arguably the most important chapter from arc 5.

Yes from what i got from google and interviews with tappei, i knew that regulus was an amateur at fighting, he has a really broken ability, but his running speed is apparently as slow or slower than subaru, not sure about his attack speed though since if he waves his hand he pierces through space and cuts anything in it's trajectory. It really makes me wonder why reinhard couldn't use reid against regulus, i think it is because regulus is physically weak, but even so considering all he can do with authority you would think reid would recognize him as being worthy, but then again it's not like reinhard was in any real danger.

The regulus vs reinhard fight is from chapter 48-59 i think? Chapter 50 is julius vs roy, i agree we need more arc 5 translations. I think chapter 59 might have been when regulus's ability was explained so yea i think it is important enough to get translated.

Reinhard wasn't in danger against Cecilus nor Thearesia but he was still capable of drawing Reid against them. It doesn't make sense that he didn't use it against Regulus. He is probably the most worthy after Satella/Reid. Maybe it's about the pureness of the soul of the enemy or somethinz? But that means that Reinhard won't be able to draw his sword against Satella.

It doesn't make sense narratively either, you would think that the writer would try to make the witch cult more threatening by having the legendary sword be used against one of their leaders especially if you consider the fact that Regulus is the strongest Archbishop. I realllyyyyy hope that they will change this detail in the light novel. I will be disappointed if it didn't happen.

Chapter 59 is the chapter where Regulus dies.

Well with thearesia it might have been a respect kind of thing becuase she was the former sword saint, clearly reinhard could have one shotted her without reid, as for cecilius we don't know the details of that but cecilius is said to be very powerful i am just thinking he is so powerful in terms of raw power that reinhard couldn't handle him without reid, but of course one he drew reid he one shotted cecilus.

Even if reinhard drew reid though, pure sword play/energy blast like what reinhard usually does would do nothing to regulus as his time is stopped you would have to be able to pierce through space-time to hurt him, can reid do that? Idk, it apparently has matter manipulation since reinhard "rebirthed" the world after puck destroyed it, i wouldn't be surprised if reid could do such things.

Ah 59 is where regulus dies, guessing it was 57 or 58 where his ability was explained then.

But he wouldn't be able to draw it unless she was worthy, right? No matter how strong Cecilus is, he couldn't be stronger than Regulus. After all he controls elements, that is at most equal to Regulus's authority, if you consider Regulus's immunity then he is definitely stronger than Cecilus.

I don't know much about Reid but it makes sense to draw your strongest weapon if you are having trouble, so even if Reid didn't help much it was worth the try.

Chapter 59 is the longest chapter in the arc, it's where Regulus rants about Emilia/Petelgeuse and his backstory.

Being "worthy" might not necessarily have to do with being powerful, as for cecilius, honestly if reinhard needs reid to defeat him, that means cecilius>regulus, regulus has an op ability but he isn't that fast, just like reinhard, cecilius vs regulus would be a stalemate cause neither can hurt the other.

Sure if regulus could catch cecilius he would win cause his attacks ignore durability, but he wouldn't be able to cause cecilius would be too fast. Btw shaula can one shot regulus, her needles can pierce through EMT which interferes with time and space similar to regulus's ability, regulus is top tier but he isn't close to being top dog, reinhard, satella, reid, pandora, shaula, the dragon and sage are all above him. You just need some hax ability that can pierce through space-time to be able to beat regulus.

It's about the worthiness of their soul or something among the lines, but that just means that he won't be able to use it against Satella.

Regulus's attacks are super fast, Crusch and Rem didn't even see the attack coming. Reinhard was only capable of dodging them because he have blessings that allow him to do so. Cecilus might be able to dodge his attacks but Regulus can basically nuke the entire place killing everyone but Regulus.

I don't know if Shaula can do that. Even if her attacks interferes with time and space it doesn't change the fact that Regulus is also interfering with time and space. The two of them aren't inherently better than the other. His shield ignores time and space and her attack ignores time and space + his attack ignores time and space so that means that Regulus is stronger than her. (Not to mention she is a woman which means that Regulus can use her as fodder for his authority) Tappei mentioned that Shaula is as strong as a sin archbishop and Regulus is the strongest sin archbishop which probably means that she is weaker than him.

The only characters that are stronger than Regulus are Reinhard/Satella/Reid. Pandora isn't stronger than Regulus since she mentioned that Emilia might be able to defeat her and Regulus is stronger than Emilia but in their case I suppose it's a matter of affinity.

Just a little thing but if Satella didn't have unseen hands she would probably stalemate against Regulus.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the worthiness of their souls, he was able to use it against puck and puck was committing mass genocide, in fact he didn't even need it, he could have killed puck without it, plus remember there is satella and then there is the witch of envy, satella is "good" while the witch of envy is insane, so even if it had to do with worthiness of soul he would be able to use it against satella.

Regulus's attacks are invisible so of course they couldn't see it, although crusch can see invisible things it was too fast for her.

Yes shaula can do that, shaula is stated to be able to easily deal with sin archbishops, she is stronger than regulus, all regulus does is stop his time which prevents change and yes he can pierce space but his shield or whatever around him works basically by stopping his time making him sort of outside of regular time, in arc 5 subaru had beatrice use EMT and he had the same ability as regulus with it, no attacks worked on him, then later on in arc 6 shaula pierce through EMT, which means shaula can pierce through regulus's ability. Not to mention how ridiculously fast shaula's needles are they can travel like 10km in a second, regulus woun't be able react.

And no you are hyping regulus too much, he isn't beating pandora, emilia could "defeat" pandora as a child in raw power, echidna said this, she had more raw power than pandora but it means nothing in face of hax, pandora said something like "regulus is back in his mansion with his harem" and every action regulus performed before he was teleported was erased, all she has to say is "regulus no longer exists" and he would be dead, she is a reality warper.

And reid is stronger than regulus, he was able to stalemate satela for a while by himself, frankly i think reinhard>satella, as if reid can stalemate her and reinhard>reid then reid reinhard>satella, however that is in terms of raw power, satella has alot of hax abilities plus she can never die so their battle would be a stalemate. And reinhard needs reid to fight the dragon, so reid, the dragon and flugel should be above regulus.

Saying if satella didn't have the unseen hands regulus could stalemate her sounds like wank imo, even without that satella's miasma has been stated to annihilate flesh, invade minds, degrade souls, and warp space, not to mention she can stop time and even reverse time, regulus is fodder to satella.

If it didn't have anything to do with worthiness then there is literally no reason to why Reinhard didn't draw Reid against Regulus. Every single Archbishop and Witch is corrupted by their witch gene so yeah even Petelgeuse/Regulus would be worthy in soul if that is the case.

When was it stated that Shaula can easily deal with them? I remember that Tappei said she is as strong as the sin archbishops not stronger than them. (though the wiki is mentioning that) Regulus's shield works by Regulus stopping the time of the attack not the time of the world. It's hard to explain but it's closer to returning the attack to it's original state which is nothing. If Regulus's power is stopping time only then it wouldn't make sense that the attacks disappear/not hit them when he isn't moving. Normal time stopping would require the time user to move and dodge it physically when the user is stopping time. Anything in the atmosphere surrounding Regulus and even his body is always frozen in time and when the attack enters that atmosphere it is automatically negated since the time of the attack is forcibly stopped and returned to nothing. EMT isn't exactly like Regulus, Since it's made of Mana, unlike authorities. It can be easily defeated just by sucking the yin mana (just like how Reinhard absorb the mana to his sword) so Shaula's absolute attack just went through the yin mana that is trying to stop time and space.

My point of view is that it's more of immovable force vs unstoppable object, Regulus is always stopping time so there is no reacting, he doesn't need to know about the attack since his authority is always on the "on" mode. Shaula's attack is absolute but Regulus's defense is also absolute. Besides the wiki mentioned her power as such "Hell's Snipe (ÒâÿÒâ½Òé║Òâ╗Òé╣ÒâèÒéñÒâù Heruzu Sunaipu): Shaula is able to connect her needles and her target together with mana and release it as if it's gravitating toward them. It is fast, powerful, and is able to be fired rapidly." Nothing about messing with time in the first place. It most likely worked against Beatrice shield because the shield is made out of mana + because she attached mana to the target but the mana won't reach Regulus in the first place since he would stop the time of the mana and completely negate her attempt to connect.

I said that Regulus is stronger than Pandora not that he is capable of defeating her. Its a matter of affinity.

Yup Reid is much more stronger than Regulus, we don't know much about the powers/ability of the dragon/Flugel that's why I didn't mention them but I would wager that they are stronger than Regulus (but then again his ultimate defense is op)

I said that Satella and Regulus would be a stalemate because Satella without unseen hands is authority fodder for Regulus. He can use Satella as his wife and therefore any miasma/attack won't reach him. It wasn't mentioned if Satella's greed authority is time stopping. I would say the same if Reinhard was a woman he won't be able to defeat Regulus and it would be a stalemate.

I am just thinking reid is a plot device, reinhard is able to use it when it serves the plot, if he used it against regulus he would one shot him is what i think.

It's never been stated in an interview that she can easily deal with them, i saw it on the re zero wiki, it clearly must have been stated somewhere in arc 6 but we don't have translations for that yet. Yea regulus doesn't simply stop time like normal time stopping cause if he did that then, whe he uses it only him alone should be able to move which isn't the case, so i think the easiest way to explain it is that is outside regular time really, whether EMT works because of mana or because of an authority is irrelevant, the fact is shaula pierced through a similar move, it working because of mana doesn't descredit it, plus every ability in re zero works because of mana whether you use your own or absorb it from the atmosphere or from spirits so that's a moot point i think.

I don't really get what you're saying about her attack going through the mana? She clearly pierced through space-time, shaula has already been shown to manipulated space she manipulated space to send subaru and co to different locations, i don't see why you are downplaying her. Shaula pierced EMT which interefers with time and space but couldn't pierce through EMM because it renders everything that uses mana useless.

And their is no such time as absolute in fiction unless you're omnipotent, a lot of characters could get through regulus's ability say by warping reality, manipulating causality, destroying the concept of regulus's ability etc. Regulus ability is always on but if shaula attacks he won't see it coming and she will pierce right through him, and idk where this arguement about the shield being made of mana comes from, every ability in re zero uses mana, it's a moot point, shaula can warp space and pierce through space-time so shaula can pierce through regulus.

If you think regulus is top tier and no one can beat him except reinhard and satella because of that interview where tappei said reinhard>regulus>sehkmet>roswaal and puck, that interview was conducted before shaula was introduced and it said as of right now which of the characters introduced are the strongest, tappei also later stated that reid could behead everyone on that list except reinhard so regulus isn't reid level and shaula could force reid to use both hands in combat what once every ten times, clearly shaula and reid>regulus.

If Reid is just lots of power then he wouldn't have one shotted Regulus regardless if he used it or not. But if Reid is involved with reality fabrication and whatnot then yes it would have beated Regulus.

If it was stated in arc 6 then I'm curious to when she fought archbishops and how did it happen. =o

Authority isn't working out of mana. Since Satella's way of destroying the world by sucking the mana dry (why would she do it if she won't be able to use her authority) + Regulus is using his authority all the time, you would think that his mana would be used all but it isn't. That is of course if Regulus is generating mana in the first place since his body is frozen (that is why he can't eat) If it was of mana then his shield wouldn't work in the first place since Reinhard is using all the mana in the atmosphere.

I will explain my theory about how Shaula's attack works better.

Beatrice can also use mana and teleport but that doesn't mean that her attacks is gonna do anything to Regulus. To explain it easier. For Shaula's ability to work she needs her mana thread to be attached to her targets. That is why it managed to pierce through the EMT and "space and time" but if she was fighting against Regulus the mana thread won't be attached to Regulus since as soon as it enters the area around Regulus his automated authority would negate the thread from attaching itself to him and her attack won't reach Regulus. The fact that she couldn't do it when they used EMM is reinforcing my theory. Since it proved that she needs the thread to attach itself and can't just pierce through time and space randomly like Regulus.

The only thing that passes Regulus is Pandora's ability, he is even immune to Sirius's authority and Carmilla's authority which is both mind related authorities. Authorities aren't used from mana. They rely on the witch gene. Satella sucked the world's mana dry, if she did that she herself won't be able to use her authority so the fact that she did tells us that authority isn't based on mana. Reinhard's ability to gather Mana from the area to the point where magic can't be used (see the elsa incident where Emilia told Subaru she can't use her magic if Reinhard is using his ability) but Regulus was still able to use his authority + The suspicion if Regulus can generate mana in the first place + High level attacks that the archbishops use would require lots and lots of mana yet none of them were listed in the top 5 characters with lots of mana.

Reid can easily behead Shaula too. Regulus never fought Reid so we wouldn't know if he can force Reid to use both hands. I agree that Reid > Regulus but when it comes to Shaula it's either Regulus > Shaula or maybe Regulus = Shaula.

True more power dc wouldn't take regulus down but seeing as it can repair the world and what not plus reid most have used it to seal satella, it's not just a power boost.

We don't even know what satella's authority is yet, i am guessing it allows her to absorb other authorities, but satella doesn't suck mana dry, from what we see in arc 4 when she possessed emilia and was extremely weakened her showing up causes the entire area to go dark and then she starts absorbing everything with a vortex of shadows, that may have been how she destroyed half the world, but we don't know yet cause we have never seen satella at full power, well it is stated she drain half the world dry, but we don't know what exactly that means.

Shaula's ability links her needles to another persons mana and then gravitates towards them, which makes it undodgable, so what you are saying is regulus's ability works similar to EMM and not EMT, as in it negates everything that uses mana, the thing with EMT is that is good to use against magicians but it's useless against people who fight physically, and the thing is you can't physically hurt regulus either so it's not quite the same, would be a combination of EMT and EMM in that case, which is a complete bullshit ability if you ask me, that's too broken, either way we need proper translations on how regulus's ability works.

Well if we go with my theory in which regulus is outside of regular time and is essentially a time distortion, which i did get some translations on his ability from a native japanese speaker and it says something like him being literally a time distortion, then yes sirius and carmilla's authority wouldn't work cause he is outside of time and it doesn't matter what you do as long as you can't pierce through space-time thereby affecting regulus who is outside of time, you can't hurt him. I can post the translations if you want, but it's kinda rough

Satella drained half the world dry but i don't remember her draining mana, i do remember in other instances it is simply said that she destroyed half the world and if she drained all the mana she could still use her authority as she absorbed all the mana so it would be apart of her. You might be on to something about authorities working because of the genes and not mana though, beatrice did say in arc 5 that if subaru summoned reinhard she couldn't help against sirius as he would be absorbing all the mana.

Zero chan, when you get online have your friends over at reddit translated this text on regulus's ability, i had it translated before but the person wasn't too familiar with the kanji so what i got isn't too accurate.

ÒÇÇÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü«『Õ╝Àµ¼▓』Òü«µ¿®Þâ¢Òü»『þäíµòÁÕîû』ÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇÕçÂõ║║Òü«Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬µ¿®Þâ¢Òü«µ¡úõ¢ôÒü»ÒÇü『þë®õ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÒü«ÚØÖµ¡ó』ÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇǵ║ÇÒüƒÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇüµ║ÇÞÂ│ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇüµ¼áÞÉ¢ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇõ║ïÒüéÒéïÒüöÒü¿Òü½ÕÅúÞÁ░ÒüúÒüƒÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü«µ¡¬ÒéôÒüáÞç¬Þ½ûÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒü»ÕÑ┤Òü«Õ£¿Òéèµû╣ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüºÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒüîÒÇüÕÉîµÖéÒü½ÚÜáÒüÖÕ┐àÞªüÒü«Òü¬ÒüäÞç¬ÒéëÒü«Þâ¢ÕèøÒü«µÜ┤Ú£▓ÒüºÒééÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇîÞéëõ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÒüóÒü¥ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüïÒéëÒÇüµö╗µÆâÒü®ÒüôÒéìÒüïµ░┤Òü½µ┐íÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéµèòÒüÆÒüƒþáéÒü«µÖéÚûôÒüóÒü¥ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüïÒéëÒÇüÕúüÒü½Õ╝¥ÒüïÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüÅþ¬üÒüìµè£ÒüæÒéïÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü½þ┤áÚÇÜÒéèÒüÖÒéïÒÇì

ÒÇǵ╝½þö╗ÒüºÒü»ÒüèÚª┤µƒôÒü┐Òü«þò░Þâ¢Òü½ÒÇü『þ®║ÚûôÒü«µû¡Þúé』Òü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬ÕèøÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇé
ÒÇǵûçÕ¡ùÚÇÜÒéèþ®║ÚûôÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü½õ║ÇÞúéÒéÆþöƒÒüÿÒüòÒüøÒÇüÒüØÒüôÒéÆÚÇÜÚüÄÒüÖÒéïÒééÒü«Òü«Õ╝ÀÕ║ªÒéÆÕòÅÒéÅÒüÜÒü½Õêçµû¡ÒüÖÒéïÒÇüÒü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüƒÕèøÒüáÒüîÒÇüÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òü»Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«ÒüîÒüéÒéïþ¿«Òü«ÒüØÒéîÒüáÒÇé

ÒÇǵÖéÚûôÒü«µ¡óÒü¥ÒüúÒüƒÒâ¼Òé░Òâ½Òé╣Òâ╗Òé│Òâ½ÒâïÒéóÒé╣Òü»ÒÇüþ®║ÚûôÒü«µ¡¬Òü┐ÒüØÒü«ÒééÒü«Òü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇǵ¼íÕàâÒüîÚüòÒüåÒü¿Òü»Òü¥ÒüòÒü½ÕÑ┤Òü«Þ¿ÇÞæëÚÇÜÒéè――『þäíµòÁÕîû』Òü»『þë®õ¢ôÒü«µÖéÚûôÚØÖµ¡ó』Òü¿ÒüäÒü嵿®Þâ¢Òü«Õë»þöúþë®ÒüºÒüùÒüïÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé
ÒÇÇÒüñÒü¥Òéè――ÒÇü

ÒÇî――ÕçìÒéîÒéïµÖéÒü«þºÿÕ«ØÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüîÒüèÕëìÒü«µ¿®Þâ¢Òü«µ¡úõ¢ôÒüá´╝üÒÇì

What i got was:

Regulus' 'invincible' by 'authority' not greed. The identity of the overwhelming power of the evil man is "stationary of the object's time."

It is appealing, triumphant, never missing. Regulus spoke distortion at every turn, it was the way he was, but it was also an exposure of his ability to not hide at the same time.

"Because the time of the body is stopped, we don't get wet with water, nor attacked, because the sands of time that I threw is stopping, I will pass through like a penetrating object without being hit by the wall"

In manga you have power familiar to a riffle, "Rupture of space". It literally causes cracks in the space itself, cutting it without regard to the intensity of what passes through it, but Regulus is a kind of existence itself.

Legulus ┬À Cornius which can be called time distortion itself. It is just a byproduct of the authority of "authority of time to stop the object" according to his words as if the dimension is different. In other words,

"- The gift of freezing time, that is the identity of your power!"

it said shaula can easily deal with any sin archbishop easily implying she's above Regulus , even her ability is the exact opposite to him she can pierce throw space and time mean Regulus ability won't work on her and her attack speed is too fast she will eventually one shot Regulus

You can't relay on English wiki it miss alot of things it still call the time skip between arc 4 and 5 "few months" and miss the age of some characters

pretty sure It was mentioned Shaula would easily deal with any sin archbishop in arc 6 she even forced Reid to use both hands in fight she is no pushover , tappei said Reid would one shout Regulus and oni Ram

@Pegasus got you

Oh my sweet heart Big Sis didn't think i would see on this site , came to splash your salt as usual ? Regu-chan is dead deal with it ~

Re:Zero top 10 is like this :

0-Subaru

1-Rei-chan

2-satella-tan

3-Sage\dragon\reid < for the sake of argument

4-pandora

5-shaula

6-Regulus

7-Sekhmet

8-Puck\roswaal

9-the witches

10-Beatrice

The cecilius guy i just don't know where to put him it seems he relay on DC power which work well against Reinhard but won't help him again guys like Regulus or pandora Regulus can play with rei-chan for long because he is hax

Pretty much agree with that list, not quite sure where to put cecilius either, he is definitely above puck and roswaal though, above sekhmet as well, but i don't know if he could handle regulus.

As for pandora, i am not too sure about her, she could be reid, sage and dragon level but we need more proof first, don't think she is reinhard/satella level yet, not until she gains that power she was looking for.

Here you go Pegasus :

Regulus' authority of "Greed" wasn't "Invincibility". The true face of the murderer's overwhelming authority was "Halting an Object's Time".

Satiated, satisfied, lacking nothing. Regulus' own distorted way of thinking that he ran his mouth off about every chance he got; it was his way of life itself, but also his way of exposing his ability, that there was no need to hide.

"His body's time is stopped, so forget attacking, even water couldn't get him wet. The thrown sand's time was stopped, so instead of bouncing back like it had hit a wall, it passes on like it had gone right through him."

It was a power similar to the old familiar ability in comics, "Tearing Space". Exactly as written, it created a crack in space, and cut anything that passed through it, regardless of it's strength. It was that sort of power, but Regulus' ability was tearing existence itself.

With his time stopped, it could be said that Regulus Corneas was a nothing other than a distortion in space. Being in a different dimension was exactly as he had said -- "Invincibility" was simply a byproduct of the authority of "Halting an Object's Time". In other words...

"...The hidden treasure of frozen time, that's the truth behind your authority!"

ZERO7772 said:
it said shaula can easily deal with any sin archbishop easily implying she's above Regulus , even her ability is the exact opposite to him she can pierce throw space and time mean Regulus ability won't work on her and her attack speed is too fast she will eventually one shot Regulus
You can't relay on English wiki it miss alot of things it still call the time skip between arc 4 and 5 "few months" and miss the age of some characters

pretty sure It was mentioned Shaula would easily deal with any sin archbishop in arc 6 she even forced Reid to use both hands in fight she is no pushover , tappei said Reid would one shout Regulus and oni Ram

@Pegasus got you
I remember that someone asked Tappei the same question and he said that she is as strong as the sin archbishops not that she can easily deal with them. So I don't know where they got this information, if they got it from arc 6 then there must be context behind it.

She can pierce through time and space but not in the way that you think. There has to be a condition for it (Regulus's condition is having wives around him) Shaula's condition is that she needs the mana thread to be attached to her target, if the mana thread isn't attached to the target, the attack won't pierce through time and space. (See the EMM example. If she was truly capable of doing it at anytime like Regulus the fact that there is a shield won't matter since her attack will simply bypass the shield but it didn't so that means that the thread MUST be attached) Say that she tries to do it on Regulus it simply won't work since the condition of attaching the thread won't be fulfilled. The thread would pass through Regulus since the thread itself isn't bypassing time and space but the ATTACK that follows the thread is bypassing time and space. So let us compare Shaula and Regulus.

Shaula

+ Her attack is a lottttttt faster than Regulus

+ She doesn't need wives so there is no limit in her attempts to attack

- She doesn't have a shield like Regulus so she can be defenseless during a fight

- Her attack is depending on mana so she can run out of mana

- She needs to attach her thread (to normal enemies this condition is easily fulfilled)

Regulus

+ He does have a shield

+ Doesn't need mana

- Slower attack

- Needs wives

By the way Regulus doesn't need to notice the attack or know about it since his shield is always on. Taking all of that in mind, Regulus can beat Shaula. Tappei didn't say that Reid can one shot Regulus, he just said that Reid can easily beat him.

@Zero so basically regulus is a distortion in space and resides in a different dimension, cool, he is just like kakashi from naruto then..

@Halo Tappei said this as you know: Q: Among the characters that have appeared until now, what would the five people with high battle strength look like when they are lined up in sequence?A: Reinhard, Ram (with horn), Regulus, Sekhmet, and Puck in his True form tied with Roswaal. Even though they are like dangos under Reinhard but these guys are capable of bringing down the white whale by themselves.

Then said this: Q: Approximately how strong is the first generation Sword Saint Reid? (Based mainly on Reinhard)A: Yesterday, I gave the power rankings of the (top) five people among the current characters, however with the exception of Reinhard he can behead all of them.

It is also said in arc 4 that if flugel hadn't made a contract with the dragon, reid would have eventually lost against satella, which means reid could handle satella for a bit, said reid is forced to use both his hands in combat against, shaula, might not be too definitive to say that though, anyway zero has just confirmed how regulus ability works, he is a distortion in space, basically he is in another dimension, guess who can distort space? Shaula, and there is no condition for shaula to pierce through space-time, it's not an authority like regulus that needs others, she is just that op, you do know shaula was around when satella was right? She is centuries old and studied under one of the people who sealed satella, and regularly sparred with reid.

I doubt piercing through space is all she can do. And don't know why you're assuming that the needles need to be attached to the target for it to work, it's just a technique that allows her to always hit her attack, and as we just confirmed regulus is simply in another dimension, don't see why she can't just pierce through that dimension when she can pierce through space-time, that she needs to attach it to the target is an assumption that you are making you need proof that says shaula can't use her abilities unless she attaches her needles to her targets mana, and this is disproven by the fact that she warped subaru and co. to different locations, that had nothing to do with the needles.

But there is a condition for it to work. If it was unconditional it would have worked against EMT since it would pierce through time and space and the fact that they used EMT wouldn't matter. Look at Regulus's attack, why didn't Beatrice use EMT against him? Since it wouldn't matter if she used it or not because his attack will pass right through EMT. The fact that Shaula's attack didn't bypass EMT tells us that there is a condition for the whole time and space thing. The writer wouldn't give a character an undodgeable unconditional attack cause that is just unbeatable. Even Regulus's attack had the condition of wives being around him so I don't see why Shaula's condition of attaching the mana thread is undermining her in any way.

Anyways, my proof is the fact that her attack couldn't pierce through EMT. The very defintion of pierecing through time and space is that outside elements wouldn't affect the attack since it's in a different dimension in which the rules of the current dimension doesn't matter. By the way warping characters doesn't have anything to do with bypassing time and space. It's just teleporting and Beatrice used that technique many times.

@Hala Don't quote long text, it clogs up the thread, simple use @, when the text is long. You are getting EMM and EMT mixed up, EMM interferes with time and space and creates a barrier, while EMT negates mana. Shaula pierced through EMM, a barrier created by interfering with time and space, and then subaru used EMT which stopped shaula's needles.

Beatrice used EMM on subaru which he used to try to attack regulus but neither of their attacks worked on each other, why didn't she use EMT? Who knows, subaru only asked her to use EMM, beatrice only does what subaru tells her, after which regulus and sirius started to fight and it was just a bunch of conversations.

I still think you are hyping regulus too much, shaula>regulus, reid, the dragon, flugel>regulus, pandora>regulus, he is in no way top 3. We already established that regulus is simply in another dimension and while that is impressive, it's not when compared to what someone like pandora can do, as she can warp reality, beatrice can send things to other dimensions, (not saying beatrice>regulus though), satella pulled subaru from another dimension into her world, said being who can pull other beings from other dimension can't escape from the seal by flugel, the dragon and reid. And no it's not teleportation, it specifically stated that a distortion in space caused by shaula sent subaru and co to different locations.

Oh yes I will edit it but I meant EMT. I never said that Regulus is top 3 just that he is capable of defeating Shaula. And this whole Regulus is in another dimension thing is confusing, if he is just in another dimension why is his body frozen in time? Why can't he eat/sleep/age? If he is just in another dimension he would just continue living in that dimension and age. It's more like he is frozen in time but they used "dimension" to describe it so it's really confusing. I think it might be more of an expression though we need more information about that.

The fact that Shaula couldn't pierce through EMT just proves that she needs the mana thread to be attached, if she didn't need the mana thread to be attached, her attack would have pierced through the dimension that is trying to stop the attack and hit them regardless of what they try to do since the attack would literally not be affected by anything in the current dimension. If she can't attach her thread to Regulus she can't activate the pierce through time and space.

Beatrice can do the exact same thing. and they didn't say anything about how she and Beatrice activate their warping/teleporting so there might be more conditions about it.

Pretty sure you initially basically said barring reinhard and satella regulus is stronger than everyone and without the unseen hands regulus could stalemate satella which was ridiculous.

From what zero got translated by freezing his time be becomes a literal spatial distortion which makes him in resides in different dimension. Basically the whole residing in a different dimension, cutting through space etc. is a byproduct of his time being stopped from what i understand.

I still don't get your argument about EMT, it is a move that negates mana, shaula's needles was following mana, it glows yellow like a light because it's infused with mana, EMT stopped it cause it used mana, what does that have to do with regulus? Although after thinking about it piercing through space-time is not the same as piercing through a dimension so yes you are right in that piercing through EMM doesn't mean she could hurt regulus, but their is still the fact that she is stated to be able to deal with the archbishops, lets agree to disagree here as we don't have definitive proof either way.

And teleporting is different from warping space thereby sending people to different locations, beatrice opens portals to teleport people, shaula warps space to send people to other locations, it's different.

EMM could not stop Shaula's needles.

That means Regulus cannot stop Shaula's needles if it works the same way as EMM.

What's sure for now is that Regulus' Authority is not the same as EMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back