• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

So, does anyone plan to fix Leonidas and Apollo's profiles which are outdated and very horrible or can we decree that RoR is almost dead because the crts die? I really don't know why you don't go to each staff member's message board and send messages, that's how my crts don't die.

Anyway, I only plan on making RoR crts if it's just to add things to Zeus and Adam, I don't care about the rest.

So, does anyone plan to fix Leonidas and Apollo's profiles which are outdated and very horrible or can we decree that
I was planning to do that when my speed CRT passed, but we all know how well that's going

I don't even remember which stuff i asked to evaluate it

What's the next thing I should give Zeus so he can have more things than Adam?

I was thinking about Martial Arts based on him defeating Adam and/or beating the titanomachy, and also the thing about him redirecting the energy of his punches, since that is a use on the martial arts page. But I find it a little fragile, I don't remember if there's a sentence that says Zeus is the best fighter in the sky or something like that.

Maybe somewhere he has an analysis of information since he talks so much about the fights, but it doesn't matter if I'm going to read more than 50 chapters to gather scans, which will possibly have some that will be raw to create an argument for this. It takes too long and I don't have patience.
-
-
-
Could it be that I downgrade Adam by saying that the speed of the divine reflex can only be used against attacks from gods?

Can someone make these into renders? I'm reworking Leo and Apollo's pages rn
0078-043.png
0078-037.png

So I wanted to see what role would be open for the Einherjar if we got a sequel to Record of Ragnarok
Lü Bu - Strongest Warrior in History
Adam - First Man
Sasaki Kojirō- History's Strongest Loser/Humanity's Strongest Swordsman
Jack the Ripper - Humanity's Most Infamous Serial Killer
Raiden Tameemon - Peerless Rikishi/Greatest Muscles
Buddha - History's Strongest Adolescent (What the **** is this title, I wonder what it is in Japanese)
Qin Shi Huang - The Greatest King
Nikola Tesla - Humanity's Greatest Scientist (Shame they gave Tesla this title instead of Greatest Engineer cause this now rules out other scientists)
King Leonidas - Strongest Rebel in Human History (Leonidas really got this title instead of someone like Ned Kelly, Che Guevara, Spartacus, Most Native American fighters, and Pancho Villa.)
Okita Souji - Greatest Manslayer (Hitokiri)

We have no idea what the rest of the fighters titles will be but Nostradamus has already had one announced being the Prophet of the Century and Simo Häyhä is most likely going to the Greatest Sharpshooter. Rasputin should get something based on him being a Mystic or perhaps his religious dedication. Which leaves Kintoki, I have no idea what this guy will be. Humanity's Greatest Demon Slayer? Humanity's Greatest Retainer? Strongest Local Hero?

I also have a feeling Okita is going to be called the Humanity's Mightiest Prodigy somewhere along Round 10

If Sigurd becomes a fighter he'll be The Legendary Hero

On the other end of things for the gods

Thor: Thunder God
Zeus: God Father of Cosmos
Poseidon: Tyrant of the Seas
Heracles: God of Fortitude
Shiva: God of Destruction
Zerofuku: God of Misfortune
Pāpīyas: Legendary Berserker of the Netherworld, Demon Lord of the Sixth Heaven
Hades: King of the Netherworld
Beelzebub: God of Darkness
Apollo: Sun God, Boxing God, God of Philosophy, God of Poetry, God of Medicine, God of Archery, God of Music, God of Prophecy
Susano'o-no-Mikoto: (Doesn't have a title yet but is called the Strongest Godslayer, I'm sure we'll here him be called the God of Storms soon)

Loki: God of Mischief
Neither Odin or Anubis have been given a proper title. Odin was referred to as the Chief God of the Norse, but I wonder what they'll go with for his actual title among the gods. Anubis is probably going to end up being the God of Death

We also have a bunch of side gods
Ares: God of War
Adamas: God of Conquest
Agni: God of Fire
Aphrodite: God of Beauty
Brahma: The Creator
Durga: Only referred to as Shiva's Third Wife
Forseti: God of Justice
Ganesha: God of Fortune
Heimdall: Watchman of the Apocalypse
Hermes: Messenger of the Gods
Indra: God of Lightning
Kali: Referred to as Shiva's Second Wife
Parvati: Referred to as Shiva's Main Wife
Rudra: Tempest God
Varuna: God of Water
Vishnu: The Preserver

He's the most popular character, he won the ******* poll after all. Popular in both Japan and America should be a good sign
Also, it would be a nice contrast battle. Out of the God's roster, Odin has been worshiped since the 12th century BCE, making him the oldest God there. Meanwhile, on the Human's roster, Simo is the youngest, having passed away in 2002. Along with this, Odin was worshiped as a God of Death, while Simo was feared as the "White Death" in propaganda.

And so the backstories continue even past his own fight. It’s honestly impressive how many he is pulling out only to still be < Lu Bu.
17 year old, unarmed Lü Bu managed to find away to beat a similar technique to Hands of Heavenly Defense, I wonder how he'd deal with the Tortoise Ripples

Also, Sky Piercer > All-Mighty Spaulders given how Randgriz's ability works

If a god ever wins, maybe we'll finally have a feat higher than tier 5
Unfortunately that won't be soon
The thing about this series and most tournament manga is tell rather than show story. Showing feats isn't a priority for the story, hence all the backstorys focus on character.

This story format l is the bane to powerscalers that need visual feats lmao

Lü Bu and Jack the Ripper series didn't really give them anything that made them stronger than they currently were

But Lü Bu's spin-off did make him cool as ****, really made it clear how much of a beast that man was. And then Jack the Ripper's just kind of exists...They just be having that ************ be doing anything

I would say that we need some Spin-off of a Greek god, not because they all deserve it, but, being the pantheon with the most gods in Ragnarok, probably having a spin-off of one of them, we end up knowing things about many of them ( Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Apollo, Ares, Hercules, the god that Poseidon attacked, and Beelzebub, although not Greek, will probably be mentioned for his connection with Hades and the god he rebuilt.)

Lü Bu and Jack the Ripper series didn't really give them anything that made them stronger than they currently were

But Lü Bu's spin-off did make him cool as , really made it clear how much of a beast that man was. And then Jack the Ripper's just kind of exists...They just be having that ******** be doing anything
No, but it allowed them to have much more varied abilities that were not shown in their fight.
Furthermore, these are humans, if there is a spin off of a god we will probably see some stories adapted, and we will have visual confirmation of some of the things they mention For example:
  • In a spin off of Thor, we will probably see the giant snake, which gives us would allow upgrading them to 5-A, or finally removing the feat as a real argument
  • In a Heracles spinoff we'd probably see all 12 labors, which would be great, since we didn't get to know even half of his abilities in his fight.
  • A spin off of Shiva would probably see his journey to the top in depth, and looking at the anime I can say that the gods he fights usually have some specific elemental ability, which would probably end up giving Shiva resistances.
  • A Spin off of Zeus will probably allow us to see the Gigantomachy, which would be very interesting, especially if Zeus has to fight with gods that we have not already seen.
Also, they are all characters that I would like to know more about.

Last edited:
I like Jack's spin off, the twist at the beginning makes sense and at the end of the day Jack only helps the organization to be able to see beautiful colors... now well, I still feel that the Jack in the spin off and the one in RoR are different, although I couldn't say exactly what without rereading the spin off and the fourth round, and I don't want to do that (not that I'm up to date with the Spin off either).

Okay, it just a poster announcement due to it being Qin Shi Huang's birthday today...A bit weird to be teasing that like that's something big, but I suppose the account doing it wasn't from one the other bigger Record of Ragnarok accounts.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he won though, Chinese history is rich and Qin is popular as hell. I can see him or Buddha winning

Okay, it just a poster announcement due to it being Qin Shi Huang's birthday today...A bit weird to be teasing that like that's something big, but I suppose the account doing it wasn't from one the other bigger Record of Ragnarok accounts.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he won though, Chinese history is rich and Qin is popular as hell. I can see him or Buddha winning
I'll be honest, I thought the thing was that QSJ had won the vote and the first chapter would be out on the 18th (I only look at the mangas for RoR, so I don't know how things work outside of that and I don't speak Japonese)

I'll be honest, I thought the thing was that QSJ had won the vote and the first chapter would be out on the 18th (I only look at the mangas for RoR, so I don't know how things work outside of that and I don't speak Japonese)
The post said, something along the lines of "Something coming on the 18th with image teasing Qin" so that's where the assumption came because honestly, I think too many people care about a raffle for a Qin poster. At least not enough to tease it as something big.

Good news, the LuBu calc is accepted
Bad news, there were many problems, and things that could not be done, which led to the calculation being degraded from the original level (6-B), the end of 1 second was accepted, making it 7-A

I feel like we should also bring up that Beelzebub has a resistance to fear manipulation because he wasn't scared of Odin. Bro is suicidal and is later shown to be able to block one of his attacks, he's got no reason to be scared. Odin's aura is apparently considered fear inducing by this wiki, but I feel like that's more that people are scared of his because it ******* Odin. I'm not pissing him off.

I feel like we should also bring up that Beelzebub has a resistance to fear manipulation because he wasn't scared of Odin. Bro is suicidal and is later shown to be able to block one of his attacks, he's got no reason to be scared. Odin's aura is apparently considered fear inducing by this wiki, but I feel like that's more that people are scared of his because it ******* Odin. I'm not pissing him off.
Agreed, do you want me to add this to the CRT?

You can save it for something else cause a bunch of character have resistances to fear manipulation for like no reason

Resistance -
Adam: (Stood his ground against the menacing aura exerted by the Adamas form of Zeus), Adamas mode was so scary that it forced Adam to put up his guard for the first time in the fight meaning that it did effect him in some way.

Zeus: (Unaffected by the menacing aura exerted by Odin at his side), Zeus is most likely in the same league as Odin, if not higher. Bro has no reason to be afraid of him. Odin's ability has no evidence that it causes fear in anyways other than people ******** themselves at how strong he is

Heracles: (Jack The Ripper failed to induce to fear into him, and his color remained the same), he's just brave. Jack scares people by violently killing them, Heracles faced death head on.

Buddha: (Was unfazed by Zeus and Odin's presence), once again no evidence that Odin actively causes people to fear him in any other way besides being powerful. Buddha is really cocky and is even willing to fight him with his barehands. He also looked pretty scared when Pāpīyas first emerged

Qin Shi Huang: (Was the only one capable of standing against the Demon God Chiyou without fear), just him being brave

Hades: (Regarded as completely unwavering in the face of danger), are you ******* kidding me right now

Beelzebub: (Was unphased by Odin’s menacing aura), as mentioned before he's suicidal and can fight Odin, he's got no reason to be afraid

Lü Bu: (Fight smoothly against Dong Zhou, who with just a few words scared Wang Yun causing him to age prematurely to death), maybe

Has Fear manipulation

Thor - (Able to strike fear into Göll and Brunhilde with his aura alone), I to would be scared shitless if a real strong dude killed someone in front of me.
Buddha - (Induced fear into Hajun, when the later previously didn't display any emotions), maybe but I feel like Pāpīyas was scared because Buddha was able to remain hopeful and never wavered once despite how powerful Pāpīyas is.

Additionally, Beelzebub has Probability Manipulation (Said to bring misfortune to those who try to get close to him), not only is this ever shown but its also most likely referring to the fact that he kills people when he feels love for them.

Adam: (Stood his ground against the menacing aura exerted by the Adamas form of Zeus), Adamas mode was so scary that it forced Adam to put up his guard for the first time in the fight meaning that it did effect him in some way.
Adam wasn't shaking with fear like Bruh and Goll, he just raised his guard because of Zeus' presence, since the guy still has an aura.

But you don't see Adam shaking himself in fear during the rest of the fight.

Furthermore, resisting is not being immune. For you to have resistance, you don't need to not be affected completely, but you need to resist being affected. Like, just look at the electrical resistance of several characters on the wiki, they are still electrocuted but still have resistance because they are not in a state of near death.

Adam wasn't shaking with fear like Bruh and Goll, he just raised his guard because of Zeus' presence, since the guy still has an aura.

But you don't see Adam shaking himself in fear during the rest of the fight.

Furthermore, resisting is not being immune. For you to have resistance, you don't need to not be affected completely, but you need to resist being affected. Like, just look at the electrical resistance of several characters on the wiki, they are still electrocuted but still have resistance because they are not in a state of near death.
Göll is Göll though, nothing new there. The other members, both human and god were scared. Brünnhilde says they're reaction is probably instinct, so a flight or fight response, which Adam was affected by. The stronger Gods don't seem to care though, so there is that.

5b408e3a-c2da-4f3a-8efa-34c5ce8c03c9.png

e543819c-d892-477e-bd90-5020b517386b.png

cbf9222d-e320-41e5-9be5-34e42e924cbf.png

Göll is Göll though, nothing new there. The other members, both human and god were scared. Brünnhilde says they're reaction is probably instinct, so a flight or fight response, which Adam was affected by. The stronger Gods don't seem to care though, so there is that.
Adam was not as affected as Bruh, Goll or other humans. This is already resisting.

Again talking about electricity. You gain resistance to electricity, either by not being affected to the point of not even feeling it, or by simply resisting even taking damage. There are different levels of resistance and even more resistance.

Back