• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RoR, various little things

More than anything skills and a curious thing:

Lü Bu
  • Change Durability Negation to limited
To put it simply,
Lü Bu's spear collided with Thor's hammer several times in combat, however he was never able to break it, while at the first contact with Thor's gloves the Shield Breaker ability took effect and destroyed them.
But what do we know about the shield breaker? Simple,Is called "shield breaker" and is said to destroy "any defense", and considering how it ends up interacting with the gloves (defensive) and the hammer (weapon)... well, the limitations of the Shield Breaker are obvious
Taking into account that the gloves are a defensive divine weapon, while also preventing Thor's power from affecting the hammer.
For this...
Limited Durability Negation (Due to having a Völundr with Randgriz, also known as the Shield Breaker, his attacks can "pierce any defense", including Divine Weapons)
I think that it is not really necessary to change the definition unless we write directly "only affects things done with a defensive objective" which is ugly.
EDIT: Credits to AnonymousBlank:
Limited Durability Negation (His Völundr with Randgriz, whose name means Shield Breaker, allows him to “pierce any defence”, including Divine Weapons, so long as they are defensive armaments)

Thor
  • Air Manipulation link (also limited)
¡Link the f*ck*ng feats!
Limited Air Manipulation (Is able to generate powerful blows of wind with a swing of Mjölnir)
  • More Lifting Strengh
If you look at Thor's profile, his lifting power says this: At least Class 50, likely higher (Able to casually lift Mjölnir in one hand and swing it around, which weighs this much)
The curious thing ... his gloves are also heavy
Mention it in the LS :

(Able to casually lift Mjölnir in one hand and swing it around, which weighs this much, while he is wearing his gloves Járngreipr)
EDIT: Irrelevant, thanks to this: https://vsbattles.com/threads/record-of-ragnarok-lifting-strength-upgrade.157290/

Heracles
  • Aura
Limited Aura (His presence is capable of generating pressure)

LS calculation
Thanks to the user Giannysmag both for doing the calculation and for allowing me to use it:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Giannysmag/Misery_Cleaver
Summing up... the calculation is accepted and let's see who it affects:
  1. To Zerofuku himself (did the feat)
  2. Hajun (superior in every way to Zerofuku)
  3. Buddha (Able to push the Misery Cleaver into the air after blocking it)
Although this can be extended a little more:
  1. Thor (being the strongest god, should scale to Zerofuku and Buddha)
  2. Lü Bu (comparable to Thor)
  3. Raiden (best muscles in all of humanity = punching and lifting power)
  4. Shiva (scale to Raiden)
  5. Zeus (scale to Shiva)

I don't really agree with scalating it to Thor, since I don't agree with considering the mention as something more than AP, but let the staff decide, not me

New Dowscaling
The scaling has a few issues, but in order not to further complicate CTR, I just want to make a simple change this time:
This is the basis of the actual verse scaling:
Heracles was considered to have the strength of Zeus (5-B), and Ares was able to compare to him (in the flashback), and like all the gods of Ragnarok > Ares, all 5-B.
However, this presents some problems:

1. Heracles who "had the strength of Zeus" became stronger after his battle with Ares and still there is no mention of him surpassing Zeus
  2. Zeus was able to parry the final blow of the Ares vs. Heracles (without difficulty), in the same fight where the mention is said
  3. Zeus also has direct scaling with Shiva (who should already scale from Ares, creating a circular scaling)
So it seems weird to me to assume that scaling Ares = scaling Zeus strength
However, for Ares to mention being "the strength of Zeus", Heracles shouldn't be horribly inferior to Zeus, so I suggest his second key go from 5-B to Low 5-B:

At most Small Planet level+ (After drinking Ambrosia, Ares stated that his strength rivaled Zeus and would later stalemate Ares in battle, yet he is still inferior to Zeus) ,
This change in category is because Heracles' third key should downscale to Zeus, becoming Baseline 5-B, so Ambrosia should downscale to that.
In addition, anyone whose only feat is climb above Ares, becomes Baseline

EDIT: Scaling will be discussed in a different CTR in the future

There's more stuff out there, but considering I've had this pending for weeks now, and I was the first to say that we should take care of the small stuff first before making a huge change to the whole verse... well I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Looks fine

Wouldn't Shiva also Scale to Raiden, the two did into a small wrestling match during their fight (Or are you only counting when Raiden focuses all his muscles into one area)

Looks fine

Wouldn't Shiva also Scale to Raiden, the two did into a small wrestling match during their fight (Or are you only counting when Raiden focuses all his muscles into one area)
To be honest, I don't remember the fight.
I will put it in the scaling

Tbh, I feel like you could make arguments that Godhood Hercules is stronger than base Zeus, but not Adamas Zeus since Ares likely was referring to Base Zeus when he compared Hercules’ strength to him. And I think both Hercules and Ares were already weakened when Zeus stopped their punches since they were fighting for a while.

Tbh, I feel like you could make arguments that Godhood Hercules is stronger than base Zeus, but not Adamas Zeus since Ares likely was referring to Base Zeus when he compared Hercules’ strength to him. And I think both Hercules and Ares were already weakened when Zeus stopped their punches since they were fighting for a while.
That makes Ares (being equal to Hercules at that time), equal to base Zeus, which seems questionable to me when we know that Shiva was chosen for the ragnarok, even though he is inferior to base Zeus in base (I'm not counting his Hidden Treasure of Svarga or his Tandava Karma, but I think you get the idea)
Something similar to Hades, who according to the profile is comparable to Zeus and Poseidon, while he is superior to Quin Shin Huan, who climbs above Ares (I don't know where he climbs exactly, but I think you understand what I mean)

Edit: I'm sure we assuming Thor is superior to Ares (we're scaling him in speed at least, under the premise that he should be superior to Ares) and Thor is Baseline 5-B

Agree with OP on everything besides the AP.

On the AP and Low 5-B downscaling, most guys honestly don’t scale to 5-B imo. Shiva is only there with TK and Thor gets there via base Mjölnir which he can break with Járngreipr, Sumo Raiden and Lu Bu obviously scale to them via feats and being the strongest humans.

Hades is the weakest of the Big Three since he isn’t part of Ragnarok at first which explicitly has the 13 strongest gods. Makes sense since even with adding Poseidon’s trident to his Bident and Ichor amping the fused weapon, his best feat is breaking a Divine Weapon … something base Herc does (which I am now going to use as a tier for the fighters since Divine Weapons are the one constant throughout the fights)

Peak God tier
  • The four mentioned above
  • Zero Buddha for no diffing Hajun and having the “strongest Divine Weapon” which is the Volund of eight gods, two of which are already Ragnarok tier at worst
  • Beelzebub’s Staff of Apomyius can block Mjölnir and pierce Automaton B. Admittedly there is a dura neg aspect to it but eh, “strongest shield” and “strongest spear” statements ftw. Chaos also terrifies the shit out of Zeus.
  • PPP X Tesla. Zeus(I think?) says any god would have died to it.
Base Herc tier
  • All versions of Herc himself, 12th Labor possibly pushes him to the next tier.
  • Dear God Jack scales to wherever 12th Labor Herc does.
  • Adamas Zeus since he is called the “all-powerful king of the gods in Greek Mythology” and thus > peak Hades and 12th Labor Herc. Attributing the statement to base Zeus has little basis and a number of gods are confirmed to know about Adamas. He goes down here and not in Peak God because Zeus states that Thor only has an equal in the dreams of those who haven’t seen his “true power” … and Zeus has never seen Awakened Mjölnir before meaning he is referring to Thor’s Hammer as Thor’s “true power”. Can’t be referring to Geirröd either since Thor has never missed a throw with Mjölnir.
  • Adam = Adamas Zeus
  • Peak Hades for reasons above
  • End of fight Kojiro for being able to replicate his feat of treating Divine Weapons like trash.
  • Hajun’s arm sword > Scythe Buddha > Drill Hajun > Shield Buddha > peak Zero. The argument could be made for him to be Peak God since gods of Valhalla (specifically Zero) are called lowly compared to him and a far weaker Hajun was causing damage on a scale similar to what Shiva thought Adamas Zeus could do.
  • Tesla goes here at worst. PPP does a bunch of damage to Beelzebub who could take Chaos and keep going.
Ragnarok tier
  • Every fighter in Ragnarok
  • Base Zeus is featless aside from overpowering base Shiva. Could go up to the next tier since it was base Zeus who beat Cronus and was called the strongest in the universe but seeing as both Hades and Poseidon are also in this tier, doubtful.
  • Base Raiden. Without using Sumo, he stood no chance against TK Shiva
  • Zero. Possibly the next tier since Misery Cleaver is leaving people shocked but Hajun calls him trash and Hermes calls him a meagre god in comparison to Hajun. Up to interpretation tbh
Sub Ragnarok tier = everyone that isn’t base Hades or possibly Siegfried. The former got to join and the latter isn’t even an option for Brun to pick.

Basically only the Peak God tiers scale to planet level. The rest are Low 5-B+ at best.

Edit: Moved Adamas Zeus and Adam to Herc tier.

Last edited:
Being honest, I don't want us to do the scaling fix here, it would be better to create a separate thread, because it is a VERY important topic.
(Also, I would like to discuss a bit about the scaling of the LS feat)

Also, I think there are things that can be discussed a bit (not that they are wrong, but that can be discussed a bit)...
By the way, what did Heracles destroy with the weapons of Jack's Will?
As far as I understood from the fight, turning items into divine weapons was just an Amp and a small or wooden thing will be less resistant than a big or metal thing.

I’m down for another thread being made to deal with AP scaling as a whole.

On the Jack thing, his gloves turn things into Divine Weapons specifically. Yes they get amped but Divine Weapons by default are superior to human weapons and makes them able to stand up to attacks from gods wielding Divine Weapons. Herc smacks his scalpels and smashes a bunch of them, 1st Labor (I think) breaks the umbrella, Herc just smashes the scissors without even using a Labor etc. 12th Labor obviously punches through Divine Big Ben, the manhole cover etc.

And why would all versions of Hercules scale? The Hercules of the tournament has grown in strength to a point that Ares (an equal to him in the flashback) couldn't hold a candle to him.
Did he destroy some divine weapon in the flashback?

And why would all versions of Hercules scale? The Hercules of the tournament has grown in strength to a point that Ares (an equal to him in the flashback) couldn't hold a candle to him.
Did he destroy some divine weapon in the flashback?
Ah, I see the issue. I was referring to Ragnarok Herc since he is actually relevant. Who cares about scaling to the goober Ares lol.

Agree with OP on everything besides the AP.

On the AP and Low 5-B downscaling, most guys honestly don’t scale to 5-B imo. Shiva is only there with TK and Thor gets there via base Mjölnir which he can break with Járngreipr, Sumo Raiden and Lu Bu obviously scale to them via feats and being the strongest humans.

Hades is the weakest of the Big Three since he isn’t part of Ragnarok at first which explicitly has the 13 strongest gods. Makes sense since even with adding Poseidon’s trident to his Bident and Ichor amping the fused weapon, his best feat is breaking a Divine Weapon … something base Herc does (which I am now going to use as a tier for the fighters since Divine Weapons are the one constant throughout the fights)

Peak God tier
  • The four mentioned above
  • Zero Buddha for no diffing Hajun and having the “strongest Divine Weapon” which is the Volund of eight gods, two of which are already Ragnarok tier at worst
  • Beelzebub’s Staff of Apomyius can block Mjölnir and pierce Automaton B. Admittedly there is a dura neg aspect to it but eh, “strongest shield” and “strongest spear” statements ftw. Chaos also terrifies the shit out of Zeus.
  • PPP X Tesla. Zeus(I think?) says any god would have died to it.
Base Herc tier
  • All versions of Herc himself, 12th Labor possibly pushes him to the next tier.
  • Dear God Jack scales to wherever 12th Labor Herc does.
  • Adamas Zeus since he is called the “all-powerful king of the gods in Greek Mythology” and thus > peak Hades and 12th Labor Herc. Attributing the statement to base Zeus has little basis and a number of gods are confirmed to know about Adamas. He goes down here and not in Peak God because Zeus states that Thor only has an equal in the dreams of those who haven’t seen his “true power” … and Zeus has never seen Awakened Mjölnir before meaning he is referring to Thor’s Hammer as Thor’s “true power”. Can’t be referring to Geirröd either since Thor has never missed a throw with Mjölnir.
  • Adam = Adamas Zeus
  • Peak Hades for reasons above
  • End of fight Kojiro for being able to replicate his feat of treating Divine Weapons like trash.
  • Hajun’s arm sword > Scythe Buddha > Drill Hajun > Shield Buddha > peak Zero. The argument could be made for him to be Peak God since gods of Valhalla (specifically Zero) are called lowly compared to him and a far weaker Hajun was causing damage on a scale similar to what Shiva thought Adamas Zeus could do.
  • Tesla goes here at worst. PPP does a bunch of damage to Beelzebub who could take Chaos and keep going.
Ragnarok tier
  • Every fighter in Ragnarok
  • Base Zeus is featless aside from overpowering base Shiva. Could go up to the next tier since it was base Zeus who beat Cronus and was called the strongest in the universe but seeing as both Hades and Poseidon are also in this tier, doubtful.
  • Base Raiden. Without using Sumo, he stood no chance against TK Shiva
  • Zero. Possibly the next tier since Misery Cleaver is leaving people shocked but Hajun calls him trash and Hermes calls him a meagre god in comparison to Hajun. Up to interpretation tbh
Sub Ragnarok tier = everyone that isn’t base Hades or possibly Siegfried. The former got to join and the latter isn’t even an option for Brun to pick.

Basically only the Peak God tiers scale to planet level. The rest are Low 5-B+ at best.

Edit: Moved Adamas Zeus and Adam to Herc tier.
You know, I can agree with this.

Adamas Zeus since he is called the “all-powerful king of the gods in Greek Mythology”
No, Zeus is always named as in general not just from Greek mythology.

Whether defeating the strongest in the universe (Cronus) or being the "god father of the cosmos".

In addition, all of Zeus's main feats, such as defeating his father, the guy who was previously the strongest in the universe, only having taken a single blow, as well as winning the titanomachy which was a tournament to decide the strongest of the cosmos, they were all done in the "base" form of Zeus, not Adamas.

Attributing the statement to base Zeus has little basis and a number of gods are confirmed to know about Adamas.
And who has more knowledge? Only Hermes spoke in such a way that he knew the Adamas form.

That's not what was said.

Heidall said that Lubu and Thor were the same, so Zeus said:
Not bad...for a Human" But "equals"? Ha! Only in the fever dreams of those that have never seen thor's true power!"

Zeus is saying that this confrontation between Lubu and Thor is only "equal" in the dreams of those who have never seen Thor's true power.

He is talking specifically about Lubu and this fight.

And not that "Thor only has equals in the dreams of those who have never seen his true power"

He's not saying Thor doesn't have equals in general, rather anyone who thinks Thor vs Lubu is "equal" is only for those who don't know Thor's true power.

In addition, the raw makes this more explicit, with Zeus saying that Thor and Lubu being "Evenly matched" is a very big dream for those who do not know Thor's true power.
Zeus literally speak the awakened hammer. He's the guy who explains all the mechanics of the gloves and stuff.

These speech bubbles are from Zeus.

Now back to the dream statement.

Heidall says that Lubu and Thor are evenly matched.

And then Zeus says that their being equal is only in dreams / a dream too big for those who don't know Thor's true power.

He is not implying that he himself is not equal to Thor, all the comments are specifically the "equity" between Thor and Lubu.
1 - They are said to be the 13 strongest gods in Heaven. Hades is not from heaven, he is the King of the underworld and literally lives and stays in the underworld.

2 - Breaking a divine weapon doesn't mean much in terms of scale. It was never mentioned that the resistance of divine weapons is extremely impressive or that it is difficult/impossible to break them or anything like that. The most it had was Lubu saying that Thor and his weapon were "indestructible" (in raw), something that was shown quite wrong. Bruhilde also never said that the resistance of a divine weapon is extremely impressive and that breaking an era :0. This isn't even a power metric that is currently being used in RoR on the wiki.

This is fine, but I'd still address how Shield Breaker couldn't destroy Mjolnir despite it not being really indestructible, just extremely more durable.

Both things are fine, and Thor could very well be class K to M just by swinging something that heavy, although that requires a calc.

Good

LS calculation
The calc and direct scaling are of course fine, about Thor and friends, I'd keep it as a possibly. Also, I wouldn't use the guide book or whatever that scan is, I think Thor is addressed as such in the manga itself.

New Dowscaling
It's fine, also because I think that Ares's statement refers to him showing a godly level of strength that he inherited from Zeus, rather than having his exact same power.

The calc and direct scaling are of course fine, about Thor and friends, I'd keep it as a possibly. Also, I wouldn't use the guide book or whatever that scan is, I think Thor is addressed as such in the manga itself.
It comes from the first chapter of the Lu Bu spinoff

Stg, I already said I was down with discussing this in another thread since Sparkive doesn’t want to go through it all here lol. High key makes me wonder why he even put it in the OP tbh.

If you want, we can discuss it more on Discord until said AP thread gets made?

about Thor and friends, I'd keep it as a possibly. Also, I wouldn't use the guide book or whatever that scan is, I think Thor is addressed as such in the manga itself.
Yeah, I don't really think it's valid, but when we talked about the calculation in the RoR thread they said that scale, I put it here more than anything to discuss it
High key makes me wonder why he even put it in the OP tbh.
Basically because I had said that I was going to do it elsewhere, so I had to comply, I just wanted to stay on the surface anyway, basically demote Hercules Flashback and Ares and that's it

Extra: considering that we are going to end up talking about AP in a separate thread, shall I leave out the point of Downscaling in the thread?

Yeah, I don't really think it's valid, but when we talked about the calculation in the RoR thread they said that scale, I put it here more than anything to discuss it

Basically because I had said that I was going to do it elsewhere, so I had to comply, I just wanted to stay on the surface anyway, basically demote Hercules Flashback and Ares and that's it

Extra: considering that we are going to end up talking about AP in a separate thread, shall I leave out the point of Downscaling in the thread?
Downgrade past Herc and Ares in this thread since they are far weaker than the Ragnarok fighters rn and have no business scaling. We can leave the rest of the AP discussions for another time.

So... news
This thread was accepted (mostly, it's not over yet):
and its results affect this thread.

Once we finish that, I'll start to see the repercussions it has in this thread (the entire Thor LS was changed, the reasoning of the new Thor is scaling with Lü Bu, while if we add scaling towards Buuda as possible, then Lü Bu would scale Thor, and I don't know if that would count to be Circular Scaling, considering one would be in his base key, and another in possible)
---------------------------
This is fine, but I'd still address how Shield Breaker couldn't destroy Mjolnir despite it not being really indestructible, just extremely more durable.
Something like this is fine?
(Due to having a Völundr with Randgriz, also known as the Shield Breaker, his attacks can "pierce any defense", including Divine Weapons; however, he was unable to break Mjolnir, despite being less resistant than his Járngreipr gloves)
Or how would it be better to write it?

Would it not be that Mjölnir is a weapon and not a defensive armament and thus Shieldbreaker doesn’t work on it?

What about smth like this?
(His Völundr with Randgriz, whose name means Shield Breaker, allows him to “pierce any defence”, including Divine Weapons, so long as they are defensive armaments)

Quickly
Change Durability Negation to limited
Update the Op, I would like to go for the suggestion of AnonymousBlank
Limited Durability Negation (His Völundr with Randgriz, whose name means Shield Breaker, allows him to “pierce any defence”, including Divine Weapons, so long as they are defensive armaments)
More Lifting Strengh
this is no longer relevant due to changes made in this thread
https://vsbattles.com/threads/record-of-ragnarok-lifting-strength-upgrade.157290/
LS calculation

If we introduce it to the profiles as Possible for Thor and company (as SamanPatou said), keep in mind that we would have a problem, since the normal scaling goes in the opposite direction in the case of Thor and Lü Bu (I don't know if it is really a problem, but I feel like it would be strange to have Thor scaling Lü Bu in the normal scaling, and then have Lü Bu scaling Thor in the possible scaling).
It's not that I agree with escalating it in some way, but if it is done, keep in mind that we will have to see how to put it in the profiles.
New Dowscaling
I agree, that we can do the scaling in a separate thread, covering everything instead of just this

And that is the current situation, everything I don't mention is because there are no problems currently.
We need to discuss the points mentioned and ask the staff for help, but before doing so I want to know whether or not we leave the Dowscaling thing for another thread or not.

If we introduce it to the profiles as Possible for Thor and company (as SamanPatou said), keep in mind that we would have a problem, since the normal scaling goes in the opposite direction in the case of Thor and Lü Bu (I don't know if it is really a problem, but I feel like it would be strange to have Thor scaling Lü Bu in the normal scaling, and then have Lü Bu scaling Thor in the possible scaling).
It's not that I agree with escalating it in some way, but if it is done, keep in mind that we will have to see how to put it in the profiles.
I gave my opinion on the LS scale, at least for Thor.

Ain't reading allat (joke) but it seems good.

Where will Jack scale in all of this? Asking because I'm soon going to release an updated version of his profile and would like to be privy to his scaling.

Ain't reading allat (joke) but it seems good.

Where will Jack scale in all of this? Asking because I'm soon going to release an updated version of his profile and would like to be privy to his scaling.
Jack is not affected in any way

I noticed it, and I share the idea that we shouldn't use it at all,
but I'm trying to be impartial on the subject, since SamanPatou mentioned that we could put it as possible
I'll ask him and take the opportunity to mark him.

And see if he also agrees to leave the scale for another topic.

Also, I wouldn't use the guide book or whatever that scan is, I think Thor is addressed as such in the manga itself.
It's not a guidebook, it's pages to promote the serialization of Lubu's spin off.

That's why you wouldn't find this page in the spin off volume, or something like that. And within the manga, I don't think it was ever said that Thor was the strongest of the gods, but rather the Norse ones.
-
-
-
Furthermore, what do you think of the idea of leaving the character scale thing for another topic?

Azontr, I give you the baton to improve the other profiles in Record of Ragnarok, I no longer have the patience for this and I'm already sick of it.]

Especially because I have to watch the raws all the time to find out if Arang screwed up in the manga.

Azontr, I give you the baton to improve the other profiles in Record of Ragnarok, I no longer have the patience for this and I'm already sick of it.]

Especially because I have to watch the raws all the time to find out if Arang screwed up in the manga.
Bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back