• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red vs Himself (Game vs. Manga)

Games kinda...lacks feats to scale from. We can say Games Red at least canonically won the Kanto league, participated in the BW2 tournament (pretty sure that was canon) and participated in the Battle Tree. I can also claim that Red canonically lost to Ethan/Gold (due to credits roll) but it would basically be impossible to use that for scaling outside of "He isn't invincible."

So, I'll go based on teams for my first post.

Venusaur vs Saur: I'd give this to Saur. Saur can keep up with Mew, defeated a Water Kyogre (alongside the rest of the team) and protected Red from Mewtwo. Also tanked the fusion of Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno.

Charizard vs Poli: Poli has the obvious type advantage with Charizard having little counters (outside of Solar Beam). Poli can intercept Deoxys, overpower a Steelix with pure physical strength and can survive a Psycho Boost from Deoxys.

Blastoise vs Pika: Pika stomp. Pika nearly destroyed Deoxys with thunder.

Snorlax vs Snor: At this point, I'm questioning why I have to even say it. It, much like all of Red's other pokemon, could intercept Deoxys and survive Psycho Boost.

Pikachu vs Aero: See above.

Lapras vs Gyra: See above.

Even if we completely altered the match-ups to completely favor the Games team, I'd still give it to Adventures Red for his entire team intercepting and surviving Deoxy's Psycho Boost. Not to mention how some (like Gyara) can equal Dragonite's Hyper Beam, tank a FUSION of the Legendary Bird trio and tag Mew.

Consider this, you can find and catch Mewtwo in Gen 2. Meaning it's extremely doubtful that Games Red ever fought Mewtwo. There is also no evidence that he ever took on the legendary birds. We can only scale him to, at the maximum, Blue who scales above Lance.

CryoTheMayo said:
Consider this, you can find and catch Mewtwo in Gen 2. Meaning it's extremely doubtful that Games Red ever fought Mewtwo. There is also no evidence that he ever took on the legendary birds. We can only scale him to, at the maximum, Blue who scales above Lance.
Mewtwo can only be encountered in the remakes, not the actual Gen 2 games. Same goes for the legendary birds. Given this it makes sense that in the GSC timmelines Red did in fact catch them but not in the HGSS timelines.

Though given how the pokemon mutiverse works both (all 5?) versions are kinda canon.

SuperKamiNappa said:
CryoTheMayo said:
Mewtwo can only be encountered in the remakes, not the actual Gen 2 games. Same goes for the legendary birds. Given this it makes sense that in the GSC timmelines Red did in fact catch them but not in the HGSS timelines.
Though given how the pokemon mutiverse works both (all 5?) versions are kinda canon.
You'd have to base it on Alola then. Is there anything to indicate he is RGB Red or FRLG Red?

I'd say Red when he show up in Alola is supposed to be from a 100% complete run of either FR or the original, since he left the region and each game kinda assume you'll get every pokemon at some point, he should be Red after doing everything you could do in Fire Red or the original.

At least that's how i think we should treat each player character in the different pokemon game but pokemon was never really clear about that kind of stuff.

Also in the game, most legendary aren't unique and even in the anime you have multiple Mewtwo IIRC so having another Mewtwo around doesn't really mean Red never completed his pokedex.

There is only one Mewtwo ever stated or confirmed to be in the games. The one cloned with Mew's DNA on Cinnabar Island. No other Mewtwo is known, so it would be treated as the only Mewtwo in existence.

The question is whether or not this Red is from, say, GSC or HGSS. Does he come from the universe where you can't find Mewtwo as Ethan/Gold? Or is he from the universe that Mewtwo was never caught? That'd dicate whether or not Alola Red can keep up with Adventures Red.

CryoTheMayo said:
There is only one Mewtwo ever stated or confirmed to be in the games. The one cloned with Mew's DNA on Cinnabar Island. No other Mewtwo is known, so it would be treated as the only Mewtwo in existence.
The question is whether or not this Red is from, say, GSC or HGSS. Does he come from the universe where you can't find Mewtwo as Ethan/Gold? Or is he from the universe that Mewtwo was never caught? That'd dicate whether or not Alola Red can keep up with Adventures Red.
You're forgetting that you can just beat Mewtwo , you're not forced to capture him or Red could have just release him.

Especialy since to capture Mewtwo, you just use the master ball.

Actualy there is at least 2 Mewtwo given the shiny mechanic.

I'm not 'forgetting' that. There is simply no evidence to support the claim that Red fought Mewtwo in the Games, outside of the original GSC.

the shiny mechanic also wouldn't imply there are two Mewtwo. That would imply there are 2 of every legendary, like the Shiny Arceus that Cal posted.

So, unless there is confirmation on which Red Battle Tree Red is based on (GSC Red or HGSS Red)...I can't seriously take scaling Games Red to having a chance against Adventures Red. In-fact, is there even anything supporting Games Mewtwo to be 5-B?

Back