• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Pittoo's AP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Dark Pit's AP, while impressive, shouldn't come from him harming Hades. Looking back at Chapter 23, Dark Pit goes through Hades's chest via the Lightning Chariot (the tool needed to break Palutena's barrier earlier on). That feat has nothing to do with Dark Pit. https://kidicarus.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_23:_Lord_of_the_Underworld#Epilogue

However, I believe Dark Pit is still incredibly strong. Maybe even stronger than regular Pit. Chapter 9 has a boss, the Underworld Gatekeeper, that Pit must fight. Even with the Three Sacred Treasures and all the abilities in the game, you can't take it down because of its shielded face. However, Pittoo simply kicks the Gatekeeper in the face, where it's shielded and all shots to it are ineffective, and basically one shots it. I'd say that puts Dark Pit's AP higher than Pit. https://kidicarus.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_9:_Medusa's_Final_Battle#Underworld_Gatekeeper

And another note, Pit's Light Arrows are the only thing powerful enough to kill the otherwise invincible Ornes which also one shot you if you're foolish enough to touch them. But then again, maybe it's just a weakness to holiness? https://kidicarus.fandom.com/wiki/Orne

And I suppose another thing to note, Dark Pit absorbs Pandora in Chapter 5 which grants him the ability of flight and possibly all the strengths he needs until he lost her at the Rewind Spring. Maybe we'll place that somewhere. https://kidicarus.fandom.com/wiki/Chapter_5:_Pandora's_Labyrinth_of_Deceit#Epilogue

So in conclusion, Dark Pit might be looking forward to a buff seeing how he's stronger than the Three Sacred Treasures as a kick to the Gatekeeper's face does way more damage than anything Pit could dish out. Though Pit did beat Pittoo a few times. What do you guys think about it?

Feel free to ask the active members listed in the Kid Icarus verse page to comment here.

I posted on 3 members' message walls, so hopefully we can get somewhere. I'd like to become a Supporter or Knowledgable Member too, if I can. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favorite games, so I know a good bit about it.

Here are some members that you can ask btw:

Dino Ranger Black

DarkDragonMedeus

Mariogoods

Starter Pack

Dragonmasterxyz

Crazylatin77

Dark Pit does kick the Gatekeeper in the face and take it out. But in the American version he's like "Now THAT, is how you take out a boss!" very casually. But the original Japanese version showcases it takes a lot out of him. I forgot which episode of Chuggaconroy's LP shows this though.

And I'm pretty sure Pit and Dark Pit are considered equal and I doubt Dark Pit should be considered stronger than the Sacred Treasures.

Wouldn't that scale to Pit due to their later encounters and thus make base Pit superior to the Sacred Treasures?

Pit doesn't exactly level up and stuff like that, and it's the Great Sacred Treasure specifically that's superior to the regular Sacred Treasures.

The dialogue is different in both versions, Blapi getting hurt in the JP version, but I feel like the point still stands; Dark Pit defeated an otherwise invincible boss that Pit couldn't do anything to.

Though it is questionable with this scene suggesting Dark Pit is pretty strong, but the two Pits seem otherwise equal when they fight... I would say there's potentially PIS somewhere. One dialogue Palutena gives suggests either Dark Pit is very strong for his attack to work, or it's just plot stupidity; "For the record, face kicking usually isn't this effective."

Or alternatively, the Gatekeeper is just that weak to face kicking. Makes sense if the Gatekeeper's meant for specifically counter the Sacred Treasures (or other weapons, whether or not that's canon to the story).

I don't think Gatekeeper has a profile, and appears to just be durable because of some armor. And Dark Pit is still equal to regular Pit and it's not like Dark Pit could beat Medusa on his own. And the possibly 4-A rating comes from destroying the Heart of Hades and shaking the starry sky dimension inside Hades' body.

But I could add the Gatekeeper feat to Dark Pit's profile.

I just now asked for all their input. Hopefully we'll figure out what to do with Dark Pit's feat vs the Gatekeeper. How about the bit where Pittoo absorbs Pandora's powers? Where might that go?

Emo Pitty Pat absorbing Pandora's powers wouldn't mean much as not only does Pit beat him literally the next chapter (which doesn't make sense if it is Pandora + Base Pit).

I don't necessarily think that Dark Pit took the Gatekeeper by himself. Not only for the reasons listed above that its face was likely a weak point, it took a lot out of Pittoo, and is probably PIS, but don't forget that Pit had been wearing it down for over a minute beforehand, destroying all of its shields and overall causing quite a bit of damage. There's a good possibility that Pittoo just ended up taking the finishing blow, hence why it went down so easily.

It is possible that Pittoo might be slightly more powerful than Pit due to absorbing the power of Pandora to enable flight, but considering Pit did outmatch him multiple times in Chapter 6, he couldn't be that much more powerful than Pit.

There's that too; though, Dark Pit does eventually lose Pandora's powers and becomes dependent on Viridi.

Thank you for helping out.

So what should we do here exactly in summary?

Okay. That is probably fine to apply then.

It looks like there aren't really any changes that need to be made, is this concluded?

Probably at least changing the AP feat to either be the finishing blow to the Underworld Gatekeeper, or just scaling to Pit's feats will be good for me. Even if Dark Pit doesn't necessarily get buffed after this concludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back