• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regen Questions

So just a few questions?

Would rotting a entire organisms body negate regen?

What level is necessary for Regenerationn from a skeleton?

Does a characters regen speed affect their level (e.I. regen from dust in 30 min vs lost limbs in milliseconds)?

If a character in a game has a ability to regen health in battle, is it written off as game mechanics?

If not, does the amount of health restored directly correlated with the level?

Can regen be nullified by power nullification or stolen by power absorption?

If a character regens from death, is it ressurection?

Depends from the regen.

Low-High I think.

No, only the level of destruction that they can recover from does.

Case by case.

No, it's based on what they recovered from.

If there are feats of doing so yes.

Define "regen from death"

If a character for all intents and purposes is dead, heart stopped etc, and then come back via regen?

Depends. The main difference is that with resurrection you have to die in order to activate it. Like, someone who can resurrect from erasure can still be temporarily killed by decapitation. Someone with Mid-Godly regen would simply grow back the head.

Would rotting negate regen as a whole e.I. whole body rotted would mean it is being consumed by fungus or bacteria at whatever rate it isspreading at, so I guess it might negate slightly higher regens then the damage?

Maybe?

If I had to guess, rotting negates regen up to Low-High. People with Mid-High can already be pretty much disintegrated and be fine

Kaltias said:
If I had to guess, rotting negates regen up to Low-High. People with Mid-High can already be pretty much disintegrated and be fine
Yeah, I know. It was just the first level that popped into my head.

Rotting is a time ability, as things only decay with time. There are probably some people who do similar feats with life manipulation, such as draining a person of their life and leaving them as a skeleton. It can also be caused by the breakdown of certain bacterias.

That said, it depends on the person. Rotting occurs on the cellular level I think. So mid-high would probably be enough to negate that. Depends on the level of rot too.

Regen from a skeleton- Let's think. You have no organs, skin, nervous system, brain, etc. But you still have your bones, and bones have cells, so that's mid-high or higher.

No, speed of regen has nothing to do with the level of regen.

Depends

Also depends, some characters have more potent regen as they evolve, sometimes its percentage based, etc.

Depends on how the regen is acquired. If it is by magical or other non-biological means, then yes. If the regen is due to somebody's biology, then it's not really a "power". Someone with biological manipulation or absorption would be able to handle that though.

If you're completely dead then there's no Regenerationn possible. You would have to come back to life first ot begin regen.

When I refer to rot I refer to a character who either through magic or science invokes some sort of fungus or nature magic that causes rot.

I also assume the general verdict is rot negates all cellular regen.

Just as a question, what are your thoughts on "rot manip" that is potent enough to rot things down to liquids that are still rotting enough to do the same to any other organic thing it touches.

Regenerating from cells is Low-High. Skeletal regen is Low-High.

I thought I explained my mid high was just a bad example.

Anyway rot also negates Durability, right?

Forcibly rotting someone negates durability, yes.

Regenerating from rotting doesn't give you a certain level of regen. Someone can regenerate an arm that was rotted away or atomized without having Mid-High or High regen.

What matters for regen is how much of you is destroyed, not how.

Promestein said:
Regenerating from rotting doesn't give you a certain level of regen. Someone can regenerate an arm that was rotted away or atomized without having Mid-High or High regen.
I don't think I said that about rotting and regen, but noted.

I was just stating that because people were talking about it. Rotting doesn't negate Regenerationn.

I think the idea was that doing low damage with rot couldn't be regened by someone witb low regen, but could be by higher regen, since rot is a constant process, especially while being maniped. At mid high that is no longer possible since it is beyond the cellular level. Basically, it negates regen on similar level to the damage from cellular levels and under,

Rotting the whole body would though, right.

What I got out of it was that since it tends eat away fast enough, someone with low-high couldn't regen from having all of their cells affected with rot, even if they are technically still alive.

Depends on the level too. It can generally be cellular level, but some people can go even further into molecules, atoms, etc., though at that point you're heading into matter manipulation.

Low high is more of a cluster of cells, like Cell from DBZ, whereas mid-high (individual cells- multiple molecules), vaporization/dust is a chemical tranformation of all individual cells, generally.

Unite My Rice said:
Depends on the level too. It can generally be cellular level, but some people can go even further into molecules, atoms, etc., though at that point you're heading into matter manipulation.
Low high is more of a cluster of cells, like Cell from DBZ, whereas mid-high (individual cells- multiple molecules), vaporization/dust is a chemical tranformation of all individual cells, generally.
Yeah, but biological rot tends to stop at cells.

Sorry, I was thinking along the lines of avatars/embodiments of rot and death like from DC who can spontaneously cause biological rot.

So, just to make sure I interpreted this right ( which I probably did not) rot negates regen of a similar level comparable to the damage do to being a constant process that spreads and affects multiple cells.

The amount it negates is comparable to how much rots. For example, if your hand is rotting but you can regenerate an arm, you'll probably be fine. If your brain is rotting, and you can't regenerate from decapitation, then it's lights out.

Unite My Rice said:
The amount it negates is comparable to how much rots. For example, if your hand is rotting but you can regenerate an arm, you'll probably be fine. If your brain is rotting, and you can't regenerate from decapitation, then it's lights out.
What if your hand is rotting, and you could regen a hand? Rot is a constant process that also deprives your body of resources from your cells.

Not sure how the rotting is applied tho. Is it a continuous application, or a one time thing? If so then I think you could fix your hand, otherwise it's a constant battle.

Unite My Rice said:
Not sure how the rotting is applied tho. Is it a continuous application, or a one time thing? If so then I think you could fix your hand, otherwise it's a constant battle.
Rot is the process where some agent, usually either bacterial or fungal, eats away at biological matter in order to gain energy, reproduce, and spread further.

Well what yobo means is that decaying away is the same "process" of life, meaning that you can't regenerate from the cell's stopping it's division. Stopping a infection by eliminating the spread of hostile virus/cause of decay can be tricky, but it can be done with a more powerful anti-virus of some sort to eliminate them all, which in many cases is Regenerationn.

So how can you "regenerate" from the truth of your dead? Well by having a back-up of your life state, so simply switch the soul from death to life. Now if that process takes time, it's Regenerationn. If it's instantaneous, it's resurrection.

Back