• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerative Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I was thinking of using Regenerationn as an argument in a vs thread, when I realized, I only knew how powerful the Regenerationn was, and not its speed, which is quite an important fact to a fight.

As Regenerationn, especially in its higher levels, can often be a deciding factor to a fight, and it seems a bit odd for a site that lists and organizes stats to include regen "strength" but not "speed".

So this is my proposal, we would have 5-7 levels of Regenerationn speed, however the higher levels would be referred to as "apparent speed" as what appears to be instant to a hypersonic character, could seem like it took the time of hundreds of fights for a mftl+ character. Depending on the severity of the injury characters could be in multiple levels (for example Naruto can heal a cut in a few minutes, yet takes several days to heal a broken bone)

So here are the levels:

Very slow:

This would be any Regenerationn that took over a month (basically anything that took so long it could never be applied to a battle, this only applies for high-low Regenerationn and above) this would include Hatsune Miku's mid-godly Regenerationn which took nearly 3 years in real time (not sure how else to gauge it for someone like Miku), and various fantasy gods and demon lords, which often end up taking years on end to fully heal from their battles

Slow:

This would be any Regenerationn that took over a day to a month (any Regenerationn barely useful in battle and mainly used for long term fighting like wars) This would include characters like Naruto who took several days to regenerate from a broken bone

Medium-slow:

This is any Regenerationn that takes 3 hours to a day to heal (still almost useless in battle, but able to make a big difference on short missions/trips) This would include characters like Naruto, for medium wounds, such as deep cuts

Medium:

This is any Regenerationn that appears to take 30 minutes to 3 hours, or any that takes 5 minutes to 3 hours of actual time, but appears longer due to the fighting speed of the user (usable in very long battles) This would include characters like young Medaka who needed 30 minutes to heal broken ribs

Medium-fast:

This is any Regenerationn that appears to take 1 minute to 30 minutes (basically anything that can heal in a normal length fight, yet would take a good portion of the fight/require stalling tactics) This includes characters like Naruto who can heal light cuts in the time of a short battle

Fast:

This is any Regenerationn with an apparent speed of 1 second to 1 minute (basically anything that could be useful in the heat of battle) This would include characters like the players of SAO (against someone about equal to them in power)

Very fast:

This is any Regenerationn that occurs immediately after or during an attack (basically anything that is nigh-instant, or bordering on being durability,) This includes characters like Medaka (who could regenerate the bones of her arms faster than Oudo could break them), players from SAO (when facing opponents weaker than them), or Han Jee-Han (who's gamer's body heals any wound that doesn't cause his HP to hit zero)

TL;DR:

I think it would be good to implement a system that categorizes regenerative speed, to work alongside our current system.

Alright, I'd like to know what you guys, especially the staff and more active members, think of this.

Even if the system seems sound, we don't have the resources or time to implement a system this large, since many characters have Regenerationn.

Okay, but could it just be slowly implemented as people come across characters who they are familiar with the regen of or something along those lines? It just seems like it would be better than having to ask those who know the regen feats every time a vs debate/thread or something like that is made.

Having a system that shows the speed levels of regen sounds nice. But as what Prom pointed out, we don't have the time to implement this system since we have many characters that have Regenerationn and would require a wiki-wide revision, something we do neither have the time (again) nor energy to do so as of now still.

Regenerationn wildly varies in speed. Some are slower, others are faster, and some have more realistic side-effects. The requirement of sufficient nutrients and other factors. Higher-dimensional levels go beyond time, where they can regenerate and they can have offensive means as well. A sword with deadly poison? The Regenerationn could convert otherwise non-edible matter into the body harmlessly, even if it's stabbed inside of them. In otherwords, could their Regenerationn also extend to not only themselves, but can they apply this to others, both organic and inorganic targets?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Having a system that shows the speed levels of regen sounds nice. But as what Prom pointed out, we don't have the time to implement this system since we have many characters that have Regenerationn and would require a wiki-wide revision, something we do neither have the time (again) nor energy to do so as of now still.

Sorry if it seems rude, but you guys seem like you don't have time and resources for anything. Why don't you just forbid average members from doing any suggestions to changes on the site's system, allowing us ~mortals~ only authority for changing verses and profiles? Because, seriously, if you're not gonna even take major requests seriously or cannot ever do them, just ban them.

Dekoshu said:
Regenerationn wildly varies in speed. Some are slower, others are faster, and some have more realistic side-effects. The requirement of sufficient nutrients and other factors. Higher-dimensional levels go beyond time, where they can regenerate and they can have offensive means as well. A sword with deadly poison? The Regenerationn could convert otherwise non-edible matter into the body harmlessly, even if it's stabbed inside of them. In otherwords, could their Regenerationn also extend to not only themselves, but can they apply this to others, both organic and inorganic targets?
You mean, consuming a target by hugging it and digesting it with regen? Sure is possible, if the verse allows.

I always wanted to know why we didn't have a stat for regen speed in the first place, so i definately support this. I understand that the staff doesn't have the energy to do a wiki-wide revision right now, but like Blahblah suggested, we could just add it over time, like we did with the off-site battles.

Hmm... The levels seem reasonable in that one could actually determine them without using calculations. Though one problem might be that one always has to see it in relation to damage done, so that Regenerationn speed varies over levels and for some people it might also get slower upon exhaustion etc.

Personally I think most Regenerationn abilities fall into the "Fast" category either way. Anything slower than that is almost irrelevant to battle for us in most cases.

I would think for any form of Regenerationn that takes longer than a minute one should just mention on the profile that it takes time to happen and if known (even approximately) how long it takes. After all one minute is basically battle irrelevant for most scenarios.

For the fast that most fall in I don't think anything has to be mentioned as that is how one usually assumes the listed Regenerationn stats work.

Things like the "very Fast" category should outright go into the feats section on the profile (that exists for a reason after all).

Its not that bad to have a bit of written out information on the profiles, on the opposite it makes them more detailed, and we avoid having a lot of unknowns and discussion just because we can not clearly pinpoint speed for the highest showing (very fast is for example very debateable for anything that is supposed to heal "instantly" or "right away").

We also don't have a half implemented system that way, which is in my favour.

I agree with Promestein. We do not have the character know-how or resources to apply this to all of our profiles, and the specific ratings would usially be hard to define for anybody.

Mandfireguy21 said:
Sorry if it seems rude, but you guys seem like you don't have time and resources for anything. Why don't you just forbid average members from doing any suggestions to changes on the site's system, allowing us ~mortals~ only authority for changing verses and profiles? Because, seriously, if you're not gonna even take major requests seriously or cannot ever do them, just ban them.
A -"Sorry if it seems rude" was that sarcasm? I have problems with writing in a polite manner and even I can make what you're saying sound inoffensive.

B - We don't forbid them because they didn't do anything wrong? You seem to have a victim complex, as we are neither restricting anyone from suggesting anything (Attack Potency project remember?) nor are we calling our fellow members in any intentionally rude or degrading way for not being staff.

C - I think you are kind of not seeing how big this project would be. A full-scale implementation would take months, espically considering the variety of characters with Regenerationn and their levels.

This seems very unnecessary. As Don't Talk noted we could simply highlight the effectiveness of a particular regenerative property via a variety of ways on the page rather than implementing an entire system.

There's a reason for that: even if we see how much time it needs to regenerate, it's literally inconsistent. Not everyone can regenerate or reconstruct their bodies or consciousness even when the universal space-time continuum in an instant. The speed could take days to seconds to days again. You know how literally unreliable to calculate that and how almost impossible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back