• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Released/Armor Boros Speed

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
.... possibly Relativistic+ (Perceived the fight between Saitama and Geryuganshoop, and was confident in fighting the former even after witnessing him react to Geryuganshoop's near lightspeed pitches[1])
Simply being an off-screen bystander to a fight isn't a feat. This alone is insufficient evidence for us to say Boros can move or attack as fast as Geryuganshoop can throw rocks. It would also require the assumption that Saitama casually attacks at speeds similar to Geryuganshoop, which is impossible to know because Geryuganshoop doesn't have reaction or combat speed, and was promptly blitzed.

Besides the above, there's also the fact that Boros kicking Saitama to the moon was the only confirmed attack of Boros's to be near-light speed as well, which heavily amplifies his stats, far beyond his other forms. This is the same form stated to bring out power beyond the limit of living beings, which could be interpreted as near-light speed attacks being beyond the capabilities of Boros in any other form.

Armored Boros got his armor blown off without a chance to defend himself. Saitama's face before Geryuganshoop's pebbles landed was the most expression Saitama had on his face in response to an incoming attack prior to Meteoric Burst. That speaks for itself. Released Boros is much faster than Armored, but if we were to assume he's casually near-light speed with every blow before MB, then Saitama should not have had shock on his face when MB Boros dashed at him. Plus, that conflicts with the narrative.

Geryuganshoop's values are based on arbitrary values and Boros's values (which aren't even used because he scales above Geryuganshoop) are less than Geryuganshoop's, and are based on the animation timeframe. If you were to assume that Geryuganshoop's speed is some super low number that qualifies as sub-light speed, Boros's speed would have to be much higher with a percent increase that makes sense to warrant Saitama's reactions. Any number between 10 and 99 is a 10x range. I don't see that honestly surprising Saitama. Especially he said it was starting to look like a real fight after he got kicked to the moon.

Arguments:
"He's Saitama, of course he's casually faster than a side character at all times".
As a counter, Saitama was holding back from the beginning. He was capable of obliterating MB Boros and bypassing his reactions from the start with regular punches, yet did not use that power from the very beginning. We don't scale MB Boros to his lower forms.

"Saitama said Geryuganshoop's ability was a bad joke"
He said throwing rocks as an attack is a bad joke. But knock yourself out semantics bros.

"Just because meteoric burst's attack speed is near the speed of light doesn't mean his other forms aren't"
For which you have no hard evidence, first. Second, it would be illogical for his other forms to have power near the form that was stated to produce power beyond the limits of living beings. Anything he could accomplish in meteoric burst would be beyond the capabilities he had in any other form, which is why it's his Trump card.

Proposal:
Scale his first two keys above someone else, maybe the Dragon-Threat ninjas who are sub-relativistic.

Last edited:
Simply being an off-screen bystander to a fight isn't a feat. This alone is insufficient evidence for us to say Boros can move or attack as fast as Geryuganshoop can throw rocks. It would also require the assumption that Saitama casually attacks at speeds similar to Geryuganshoop, which is impossible to know because Geryuganshoop doesn't have reaction or combat speed, and was promptly blitzed.
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but the justification for the rating is "Boros saw Saitama react to/block/catch/whatever near-light speed rocks, and still thought he could match him in combat."

Geryuganshoop's reaction/combat speed, and Saitama's attack speed, don't really seem to have anything to do with it.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding, but the justification for the rating is "Boros saw Saitama react to/block/catch/whatever near-light speed rocks, and still thought he could match him in combat."

Geryuganshoop's reaction/combat speed, and Saitama's attack speed, don't really seem to have anything to do with it.
How did you quote combat actions and say combat speed has nothing to do with it? Either way, the rating is saying he has rel+ speed across the board from watching the fight.

How did you quote combat actions and say combat speed has nothing to do with it? Either way, the rating is saying he has rel+ speed across the board from watching the fight.
It's not just that, though, it's watching Saitama effortlessly beat Geryuganshoop, including his near-light speed pitches, and was perfectly confident in fighting him

I disagree with the removal based on this. It's fine to remain as a possibly rating

It's not just that, though, it's watching Saitama effortlessly beat Geryuganshoop, including his near-light speed pitches, and was perfectly confident in fighting him

I disagree with the removal based on this. It's fine to remain as a possibly rating
If confidence proved speed, Speed o Sound Sonic and Flashy Flash would have the highest speed ratings in the verse.

Additionally, disagreeing based on that alone makes no sense when MB Boros is his only form that explicitly has near-light speed combat speed. Aside from our random numbers that we assign for calculation purposes, that doesn't add up.

If confidence proved speed, Speed o Sound Sonic and Flashy Flash would have the highest speed ratings in the verse.
Uh, no? It's not like we're giving him MFTL speed from confidence in beating Saitama, we're just going off of what we're actually shown
Additionally, disagreeing based on that alone makes no sense when MB Boros is his only form that explicitly has near-light speed combat speed. Aside from our random numbers that we assign for calculation purposes, that doesn't add up.
This point is much more solid to me, but the thing is that two things can both be near light-speed and have different speed values - so I wouldn't say that one necessarily disqualifies the other by default.

Uh, no? It's not like we're giving him MFTL speed from confidence in beating Saitama, we're just going off of what we're actually shown
We aren't shown anything. That is the issue. We're making an assumption on his speed based on his eagerness to still want to fight Saitama regardless of his men dying. In either scenario, confidence isn't evidence of anything. Boros himself was still delusional that he made Saitama try even on his deathbed.
This point is much more solid to me, but the thing is that two things can both be near light-speed and have different speed values - so I wouldn't say that one necessarily disqualifies the other by default.
One/Murata hasn't put out official numbers, so anything we use is literally only based in opinion. For all we know, they could both have their speed in reference to the same number - which everyone will reject because they wouldn't believe Boros couldn't possibly share a stat with one of his men. Even so, even if they were on completely opposite ends of the relativistic spectrum, it would only really apply to MB:
Any number between 10 and 99 is a 10x range. I don't see that honestly surprising Saitama. Especially he said it was starting to look like a real fight after he got kicked to the moon.

Armored and Released Boros scaling above Geryuganshoop's throwing speed is based on the assumptions I have already addressed.

Yeah, well notice how it's grants him a 'possibly' rating as opposed to a full one. It's obvious that simply being a bystander and believing he could take Saitama on afterwards, but it's still worth to note that Boros still acknowledged Saitama's feat as something impressive enough to give him a good fight and fulfill the prophecy. This means that Boros would need to be around that level in his Armored state due to him being surprised that the Saitama who was apparently good enough to give him the fight of his life could keep up with his Released state (Released Boros > Armored Boros ~ prophecy man > Geryuganshoop's speed). Again, this isn't solid enough to give a solid rating, but definitely enough for a possibly (which is what we currently have).
Besides the above, there's also the fact that Boros kicking Saitama to the moon was the only confirmed attack of Boros's to be near-light speed as well, which heavily amplifies his stats, far beyond his other forms. This is the same form stated to bring out power beyond the limit of living beings, which could be interpreted as near-light speed attacks being beyond the capabilities of Boros in any other form.
The first link is from ONEBUKURO, which is a list of simple notes to help Murata come up with concepts for specific scenes. Murata tweeted a couple years ago that Saitama was launched at light speed. More recent information > Information from over a decade ago.

As for the second link, you're either completely misrepresenting what Boros is saying or purposefully ridding the context. Boros is using his own latent energy to boost his physical stats, making him strong and fast enough to surpass the "limits of living beings" (a fancy way of saying he's far far superior to anything he could achieve in his Released state). What Boros did to Saitama was not use his energy to boost his physical stats. In fact, in first link you sent, Murata explains what Boros did. He just coated Saitama in a friction-ignoring aura so that Saitama's clothes wouldn't burn up.
Armored Boros got his armor blown off without a chance to defend himself. Saitama's face before Geryuganshoop's pebbles landed was the most expression Saitama had on his face in response to an incoming attack prior to Meteoric Burst. That speaks for itself.
No, it doesn't. Especially when literally the next page, Saitama stated that any person can replicate Geryuganshoop's feat, indicating that he was not surprised at its speed, but instead fact that he had Psychic powers. This is supported by the page right before Geryuganshoop makes his tornado, Saitama showed some curiosity and interest in the idea that he was a Psychic.
Released Boros is much faster than Armored, but if we were to assume he's casually near-light speed with every blow before MB, then Saitama should not have had shock on his face when MB Boros dashed at him
Not necessarily. Even if we say that Saitama was shocked at the speed of Geryuganshoop's rocks, why would he continue to be shocked at Boros' speed when it's generally expected for the boss to be superior to his goon.
Geryuganshoop's values are based on arbitrary values and Boros's values (which aren't even used because he scales above Geryuganshoop) are less than Geryuganshoop's, and are based on the animation timeframe. If you were to assume that Geryuganshoop's speed is some super low number that qualifies as sub-light speed, Boros's speed would have to be much higher with a percent increase that makes sense to warrant Saitama's reactions. Any number between 10 and 99 is a 10x range. I don't see that honestly surprising Saitama. Especially he said it was starting to look like a real fight after he got kicked to the moon.
I'm not too sure what you mean by this.

Yeah, well notice how it's grants him a 'possibly' rating as opposed to a full one.
It can still possibly go lower.
It's obvious that simply being a bystander and believing he could take Saitama on afterwards, but it's still worth to note that Boros still acknowledged Saitama's feat as something impressive enough to give him a good fight and fulfill the prophecy. This means that Boros would need to be around that level in his Armored state due to him being surprised that the Saitama who was apparently good enough to give him the fight of his life could keep up with his Released state (Released Boros > Armored Boros ~ prophecy man > Geryuganshoop's speed). Again, this isn't solid enough to give a solid rating, but definitely enough for a possibly (which is what we currently have).
He acknowledged his subordinates being beaten. That means even someone as mid as Groribas is held as a standard for which Boros gauges his interest. And for all that confidence, his armor still got one-shot before he could defend himself, still lost an arm, still got turned to gum, etc - only spared by his regenerative capabilities. That doesn't automatically make him faster than Geryuganshoop's throwing speed. It wouldn't have even implied greater durability, since Geryuganshoop has paper durability compared to Groribas, if he didn't have the feat of surviving the first punch.
The first link is from ONEBUKURO, which is a list of simple notes to help Murata come up with concepts for specific scenes. Murata tweeted a couple years ago that Saitama was launched at light speed. More recent information > Information from over a decade ago.
Needs proper translation + idk if this site is still weird about tweets.
As for the second link, you're either completely misrepresenting what Boros is saying or purposefully ridding the context. Boros is using his own latent energy to boost his physical stats, making him strong and fast enough to surpass the "limits of living beings" (a fancy way of saying he's far far superior to anything he could achieve in his Released state).
This is nearly word for word what I said. "heavily amplifies his stats, far beyond his other forms. This is the same form stated to bring out power beyond the limit of living beings, which could be interpreted as near-light speed attacks being beyond the capabilities of Boros in any other form." Minus me saying his latent energy, it's the same thing.
What Boros did to Saitama was not use his energy to boost his physical stats. In fact, in first link you sent, Murata explains what Boros did. He just coated Saitama in a friction-ignoring aura so that Saitama's clothes wouldn't burn up.
The energy protects Saitama from burning up yes. This is the same energy that he's boosted by. ???
No, it doesn't. Especially when literally the next page, Saitama stated that any person can replicate Geryuganshoop's feat, indicating that he was not surprised at its speed, but instead fact that he had Psychic powers. This is supported by the page right before Geryuganshoop makes his tornado, Saitama showed some curiosity and interest in the idea that he was a Psychic.
You're repeating my own words back to me in most of your replies. This was an argument against people who would misinterpret that scan as speed.

"He said throwing rocks as an attack is a bad joke. But knock yourself out semantics bros."
Not necessarily. Even if we say that Saitama was shocked at the speed of Geryuganshoop's rocks, why would he continue to be shocked at Boros' speed when it's generally expected for the boss to be superior to his goon.
Because 1. these are some of the greatest feats Saitama has experienced so far 2. He only had an expression on his face when Boros dashed out of Meteoric Burst, as I stated.
I'm not too sure what you mean by this.
Basically, even if Geryuganshoop was 10% light speed and Boros was 99%, that's only roughly a 10x difference between before the fight started and after. Saitama wasn't interested in the fight until after he got kicked to the moon, meaning Boros had some value of speed unknown to us that didn't matter to him anyway.

I wonder, OP, are you saying that we can't scale Boros based on its attack speed? Geryuganshoop has and also said that the attack speed of Geryuganshoop has a speed that sub-relativistic Did I understand correctly?

If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to beat Boros, but I would be hurt by his attack speed. Geryuganshoop first, from Murata's words.
"先生、海外の方からの質問です:グリュガンシュプは本当に重力でブラックホールを作れるほどの能力があったのか?めっ ちゃ気になってるそうです。ん〜どうなんですかね、ブラックホール作れたら最強な気がしますけど、そこらへんはONEさ んに聞いてみないとわかんないですね。物体を飛ばす能力ならタツマキ以上だったのかな、グリュガンシュプが念動力で小 石を飛ばしてたけど、タツマキがあれをやると出力が強すぎて一瞬で小石が蒸発しちゃうんだけど、空気との摩擦と圧縮熱 で、グリュガンシュプは空気との摩接を0にして飛ばすことができるから、亜光速で石が飛んでくるというね、っていうつも りで描いてました、タツマキはデッケーものは飛ばせれるけど、スピードには限界があるみたいで、やっぱり宇宙最高の超能 力者でしたね。埼玉は普通に石投げて勝っちゃたもんねソイツに。埼玉からしたら亜光速で石が飛んできてもただ石を投げ 「ただけにしか見えない、悪い冗談ですよね"
We know that 亜光速 has two meanings: Sub-light speed and near speed of light, so I wonder why we use the word near speed of light when it usually means It's Sub-light speed instead.

I wonder, OP, are you saying that we can't scale Boros based on its attack speed? Geryuganshoop has and also said that the attack speed of Geryuganshoop has a speed that sub-relativistic Did I understand correctly?

We know that 亜光速 has two meanings: Sub-light speed and near speed of light, so I wonder why we use the word near speed of light when it usually means It's Sub-light speed instead.
I hardly understand you. Sub- prefix means "under", near- prefix means "close to". I don't think there's any argument to be had in the semantics of these terms when we won't have an official number for it. In either case they would both still be indeterminably under light speed.

If that were the case, I wouldn't be able to beat Boros, but I would be hurt by his attack speed. Geryuganshoop first, from Murata's words.
My first two paragraphs in the OP explain what I'm saying. This doesn't make any sense.

Would need to see a more justified proposal to replace it, but your arguments against the current rating look valid.
Atomic Samurai has Mach 3k movement speed, which Silver Fang scales to. Boros should comfortably be above Post-Darkshine Garou and Bang. At the very least, above high hypersonic as Saitama neg-diffed the base ninja duo unlike his fight with Boros.

Scaling to most of the fast people during/after the MA Arc becomes invalid because one way or another we get to FTL, and Boros's fastest form is stated to have near-light speed combat speed.

Last edited:
The OP was looking good, but Clover at least brought a good point. And I think it was meant that Saitama was more impressed by Boros' combat speed than he was Geryuganshoop's attack speed. Or that despite Boros knowing full well that Saitama considered Geryu's attacks slow, Boros has still yet to consider Saitama far above his own.

Anyway, while I am neutral, after rereading the OP and agreeing the above is still on the speculative side, I am leaning towards and agreement with the OP.

I think the somewhat speculative nature of it is why it's only a "possibly." I will admit there's a weirdness to it, as Geryuganshoop's attack speed is still near light speed, and I think Boros should scale above that based on the context. But at the same time, Meteoric Burst Boros has a similar statement, and he'd be faster than Armored Boros.

Also, the whole rocks thing... No, it's not the nature of throwing rocks that's a bad joke. Murata literally says that "throwing rocks at sub-light speed is a bad joke" - and it's evidently about the speed too, since he's talking about how sub-light speed is nothing to Saitama

The OP was looking good, but Clover at least brought a good point. And I think it was meant that Saitama was more impressed by Boros' combat speed than he was Geryuganshoop's attack speed.
Yes, but his reaction was to the MB form. He had no such reaction to his other forms.
Or that despite Boros knowing full well that Saitama considered Geryu's attacks slow, Boros has still yet to consider Saitama far above his own.
Saitama never commented on either's speed. But Boros being near-LS in a form that is by his own admission "beyond the limits of living beings" is solid evidence against him always being that fast.

I think the somewhat speculative nature of it is why it's only a "possibly." I will admit there's a weirdness to it, as Geryuganshoop's attack speed is still near light speed, and I think Boros should scale above that based on the context. But at the same time, Meteoric Burst Boros has a similar statement, and he'd be faster than Armored Boros.

Also, the whole rocks thing... No, it's not the nature of throwing rocks that's a bad joke. Murata literally says that "throwing rocks at sub-light speed is a bad joke" - and it's evidently about the speed too, since he's talking about how sub-light speed is nothing to Saitama
I'd argue that his words are an alternative way of saying the same thing that the manga panel says. The other side to that argument would be that throwing pebbles at light speed or FTL speeds wouldn't be a joke to Saitama, which we know for a fact would still be a joke. I don't see a reasonable reality in which the speed of the pebbles thrown wouldn't be a joke to him.

Especially since Boros kicked him to the moon at similar speeds but said that was starting to look more like a fight. I believe the attacks and their applications were the subject of the matter, not the speed.

That can still just mean they're both Rel+ but different values

Also I think this Q&A was before the Massively FTL feat was even a thing afaik so I'm not sure how this holds up

Last edited:
I mean, it makes logical sense that Boros would scale above his own surbodinate generally, I don't know why we have to add so many asteriks to this. While he might not know Saitama's strength, as someone constantly seeking worthy opponents he should know whether or not his subordinates can actually give him a fight. If not his armored form, his released should at least be scaling above the likes of Geryu.

I mean, it makes logical sense that Boros would scale above his own surbodinate generally, I don't know why we have to add so many asteriks to this. While he might not know Saitama's strength, as someone constantly seeking worthy opponents he should know whether or not his subordinates can actually give him a fight. If not his armored form, his released should at least be scaling above the likes of Geryu.
His subordinates are entire tiers weaker than him. Power is one thing. Speed is an entirely different subject when he has a statement that puts him near speeds of one of his subordinate's attacks, which he admits to be beyond the limits of living beings. Nobody is considering that Boros is confident because he possessed two powerful trump cards. The assumption is automatically "nah he's godly in all forms" when one of his forms is literally featless outside of durability with the help of armor.

Even with that said, psychic power/TK isn't comparable to physical power. Otherwise the "all living beings" statement would be pretty moot when it comes to speed. Destructive power, sure (not getting into the other psychics.)

I really can't take the idea that Boros would get blitzed by any of his subordinates up until his absolute strongest form serious. It's ridiculous.

Don't see what you mean here. Like, my point is that Gery < Armored Boros <<< MB Boros but all can be Rel+, just different values
Rel+ (0.5c to 0.9c) is 80%, nearly double. So two entire forms before MB can fit in that gap, and are weak enough that only MB's speed boost (which would be a fraction of that 80%) gets a reaction out of Saitama? The same guy treating exponential gaps in power like nothing?

I see that as crazier than his psychic's attack speed being greater than his movement speed due to what is honestly a giant argument from incredulity.

Rel+ (0.5c to 0.9c) is 80%, nearly double. So two entire forms before MB can fit in that gap, and are weak enough that only MB's speed boost (which would be a fraction of that 80%) gets a reaction out of Saitama? The same guy treating exponential gaps in power like nothing?

I see that as crazier than his psychic's attack speed being greater than his movement speed due to what is honestly a giant argument from incredulity.
Could you explain again why Meteoric Burst Boros is below the speed of light?

And some of yall love using reaction scaling. Saitama only had an expression on his face to two incoming attacks, three if you include his faceless CSRC reaction. Gery's rocks and MB Boros's initial punch. Everything else is copium.

Could you explain again why Meteoric Burst Boros is below the speed of light?
Because of the statement that says so. The tweet you linked earlier is a reply to another tweet that either I can't see or doesn't exist so idk what to do with that.

There's no statement saying Boros is below light speed. I don't know where that came from. You are probably mistaking that Boros launching objects flying at near-light speed = Boros's maximum speed being near-light speed. They are not the same.

There's no statement saying Boros is below light speed. I don't know where that came from. You are probably mistaking that Boros launching objects flying at near-light speed = Boros's maximum speed being near-light speed. They are not the same.
Launching Saitama at near light speed is his greatest stated feat in terms of speed. Especially since he says he uses that form to end fights quickly (which he thinks he does by kicking Saitama to the moon.) But I will accept the statements that put him at light speed or higher when you produce them.

That doesn't make him sub-light speed, it just means he launched Saitama at Relativistic/SOL speeds to the moon.

If Murata said something like "With Meteoric Burst he reaches the speed of light!" or something then sure, but that's not the case.

Launching Saitama at near light speed is his greatest stated feat in terms of speed. Especially since he says he uses that form to end fights quickly (which he thinks he does by kicking Saitama to the moon.) But I will accept the statements that put him at light speed or higher when you produce them.
You claimed there's an explicit statement that caps Boros at near-light speed. That statement appears to be referring to the object flying at near-light speed as a result of being kicked by Boros. That is not the same as stating Boros's speed is near-light speed at maximum. You know that's not the same right? I'm just pointing out you are probably mistaking that.

Because of the statement that says so. The tweet you linked earlier is a reply to another tweet that either I can't see or doesn't exist so idk what to do with that.
Murata retweeted a gif of light bouncing between the Earth and moon, saying that it takes light about 1.25 seconds to travel to the moon from Earth. He then said that Boros kicked Saitama that fast.

We don't need a "proper translation" because that's what the Kanji literally says.

"サイタマ、ボロスに蹴られてだいたいこのくらいのスピードで飛んでってた気がする。。" literally translates into "Saitama, when kicked by Boros was about this fast"

In regards to your comments on Saitama's reaction to Geryuganshoop's attack, you never even had a proper response to me saying that there's no proof that Saitama was surprised about the speed of Geryuganshoop's attack but instead the fact that he was a psychic. Rather you said that Saitama called throwing rocks a joke and not the speed. Not only did Murata confirm that Saitama was in fact not surprised by Geryuganshoop's speed, but he also confirmed that Saitama was referring to the speed of Geryuganshoop's pitches as a joke, and not the act of throwing rocks.

Also, your point of "Boros' energy was stated to protect Saitama from moving at sub-light speeds, meaning Meteoric Burst Boros (which uses that energy) moves only that fast" is really flawed. Boros uses his energy to boost his body's physical strength and speed, but also uses it as a propulsion to make himself even faster and hit harder. When he kicked Saitama to the moon, he did not use his latent energy to boost Saitama's physical strength and speed, nor was the energy a propulsive force that launched Saitama to the moon (it was Boros' kick that sent him). We know Boros can use his energy in several ways (regeneration, energy blasts, transformations, propulsion). It's literally stated which way his energy was being used on Saitama, and that was to protect his clothes from burning up. Nothing more, nothing less.

You claimed there's an explicit statement that caps Boros at near-light speed. That statement appears to be referring to the object flying at near-light speed as a result of being kicked by Boros. That is not the same as stating Boros's speed is near-light speed at maximum. You know that's not the same right? I'm just pointing out you are probably mistaking that.
This reminds me of a few of the threads
Murata retweeted a gif of light bouncing between the Earth and moon, saying that it takes light about 1.25 seconds to travel to the moon from Earth. He then said that Boros kicked Saitama that fast.

We don't need a "proper translation" because that's what the Kanji literally says.

"サイタマ、ボロスに蹴られてだいたいこのくらいのスピードで飛んでってた気がする。。" literally translates into "Saitama, when kicked by Boros was about this fast"

In regards to your comments on Saitama's reaction to Geryuganshoop's attack, you never even had a proper response to me saying that there's no proof that Saitama was surprised about the speed of Geryuganshoop's attack but instead the fact that he was a psychic. Rather you said that Saitama called throwing rocks a joke and not the speed. Not only did Murata confirm that Saitama was in fact not surprised by Geryuganshoop's speed, but he also confirmed that Saitama was referring to the speed of Geryuganshoop's pitches as a joke, and not the act of throwing rocks.
Saitama was already attacked by Gery in the previous chapter. That is - prior to the actual feat I am referencing. He was surprised the first time, and after the first attack. As far "In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke." statement, the subject of that statement is the rocks. The speed is the prepositional phrase. In the manga the statement is the rocks. "Rocks at sub-light speed" is entirely different from "sub-light speed is a joke".

Even if he did specifically single out sub-light speed, is he referring to Gery's specific speed, or all speed under light speed in general? Unfortunately, counter-logic isn't proof of that supposition.
Also, your point of "Boros' energy was stated to protect Saitama from moving at sub-light speeds, meaning Meteoric Burst Boros (which uses that energy) moves only that fast" is really flawed.
Ok
Boros uses his energy to boost his body's physical strength and speed, but also uses it as a propulsion to make himself even faster and hit harder.
Ok
When he kicked Saitama to the moon, he did not use his latent energy to boost Saitama's physical strength and speed, nor was the energy a propulsive force that launched Saitama to the moon (it was Boros' kick that sent him).
I never argued this point. But based on this reply and Kin's reply, this feels like it's heading to the old methods people used for the moon kick which uses FTL momentum. Arguing this now though, Boros already had his knee in Saitama's gut before he launched him. His energy used to propel the kick was attached to Saitama at the same time of these events. He was basically a part of Boros's body in that instance.
We know Boros can use his energy in several ways (regeneration, energy blasts, transformations, propulsion). It's literally stated which way his energy was being used on Saitama, and that was to protect his clothes from burning up. Nothing more, nothing less.
The energy protects Saitama from burning up. Surely you don't think Boros is intentionally looking out for Saitama's wellbeing?

Already got my approvals 🤷‍♂️

PF Garou > Boros
You seem to think I care.
Anyways there's my cameo for the next month or whatever
Always remember kids: Vsb profiles are a collections of the arbitrary standards and opinions of (sometimes underqualified) staff! Always scale offsite like me to preserve your brain matter.
Adios.
image.png

Back