• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove all forms of flight from Yang Xiao Long's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's never been shown to propel herself upwards, and whenever she does she has to change her entire physical position to do so. "

This was in high discussion in one of my other CRTs so I made this thread in order to not derail.

Just to be clear, the above statement does not reflect my views, but a view that is a point of discussion.

Excuse me, but what?

She can propel herself to stay mid air as shown when she was thrown into the forest.

Every bird needs to shift their whole body to fly. Every bird creates counter energy to push themselves upwards, it being done through her energy punches' recoil isn't enough to disqualify. It being done with equipment is a nonfactor.

Wasn't aware that he was such a trusted authority figure.

He's the most knowledgable staff on RWBY as far as I've seen, so I trust his sense of judgement regarding the series.

Bakugo would get acrobatics as well

Iirc I argued for gear 4 luffy to get pseudo flight because he can do the same exact thing and it was turned down

" Flying with the use of technical devices - Character uses wings, rocket engines, anti-gravity devices or something else that allows the user to move through air or another gaseous medium (or vacuum). Primary drawback is the dependence of flight on said device."

Or even this one which practically describes her!

The fact the she's continuously propelling her self through the air without touching ANYTHING is nothing more than flight. Implying anything is wrong.

ACTUALLY on the Acrobatics page it even says this:

" Mid-Air Jump: Acting like they stand on a solid surface, the users are capable of performing additional jumps in the middle of the air. Some users can even obtain Pseudo-flight by jumping in mid-air indefinitely."

Mid air propulsion = Pseudo-Flight.

Yes, hence why it should be changes to acrobatics, it's just a mid air jump akin to what guys like sanji can do with air walk

Also she cant do it indefinitely hence why it's not pseudo flight

Never said she had infinite ammo, I was saying that you did.

Anyway she has both. Continuous propulsion through the air counts as flight which was why she got the ability to begin with and also why characters like Bakugou have it too.

There's no way around that. Especially when both the flight and acrobatics pages say the same thing.

And I'm saying she doesnt

She doesnt have continuous propulsion due to ammo limitations and has never shown the ability to do anything other than maneuver through he air in short bursts, she has never demonstrated outright flight

Again, bakugo should be changed to acrobatics too

This is dumb. She HAS continuous propulsions because we SAW her continuously propelling herself in the air. Having limited ammo does NOT change that. Maneuvering? Sure she did that but she was also traversing HUNDREDS of feet through the air and JUST in the air. You're right she hasn't shown outright flight, which is why it's called pseudo-flight.

At this point we have said everything there is to be said. I'll let others decide for themselves but considering our pages say the same thing I don't think there's anything to disagree on.

When was she traversing hundreds of feet through the air? If you're referring to the scene in volume 1 where they were going into the forest she was launched from a catapult and was using her gauntlet shots to control her fall

Again. That's a double jump, shes not flying shes falling and controlling her fall with her shots. She has never demonstrated flight or pseudo flight at any point in the series

Weekly you're wrong. Moving forward in a continuous fashion without falling or losing altitude while propelling yourself forward is flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back