• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing History and Temporal erasure from High-Godly

Let me say something, if someone is erased from.history would the person still be remembered? Cause if the person is remembered then his history not truly erased. But if someone whose history was truly erased regenerated then I guess high godly is fine
Logically they shouldn't be remembered since with temporal erasure they never existed in the first place

Regenerating from being erased to the point of never having existed in the first place ("proper history erasure") definitly qualifies for High-Godly. The problem lies within our explanation and definition of History Erasur. We dont have a proper one. Like "Dimensions", every fictional work defines "History Erasure" differently, heck, depending on the cosmology, even proper history erasure might not be High Godly. For example in a verse with a proper platonic concept system, where someone just hopps back from History Erasure because his platonic concept was untouched.

We only need to properly define what we understand under "History Erasure that qualifies for High-Godly" like we did with "Dimensions that qualify for tiering purposes"

Regenerating from being erased to the point of never having existed in the first place ("proper history erasure") definitly qualifies for High-Godly. The problem lies within our explanation and definition of History Erasur. We dont have a proper one. Like "Dimensions", every fictional work defines "History Erasure" differently, heck, depending on the cosmology, even proper history erasure might not be High Godly. For example in a verse with a proper platonic concept system, where someone just hopps back from History Erasure because his platonic concept was untouched.

We only need to properly define what we understand under "History Erasure that qualifies for High-Godly" like we did with "Dimensions that qualify for tiering purposes"
I suppose that this seems sensible to me. Well-informed suggestions from our staff and retired staff would be appreciated.

@ByAsura @Executor_N0

Do you have any suggestions for how we can better clarify our standards so not every character who is a living universe, gets destroyed, and comes back afterwards, gets High-Godly?
I don't think we need to clarify anything, we might just have to look at what pages shouldn't have it.

High Godly is coming back from absolutely nothing on a physical or spiritual level. If someone has an anchor, we remove their rating.

Sailor Moon might be a sketchy case. I believe changing the past in that verse doesn't affect the future completely, but I'll have to check.

ppl with NEP and regen are prob high godly

Sailor Moon might be a sketchy case. I believe changing the past in that verse doesn't affect the future completely, but I'll have to check.
SM verse mechanics/laws of physics operates on a combination of type 3 & 4 causality system, chaos maybe governed by type 2, all being pseudo-abstracts as they embody a specific idea/concept through the star seeds (at least its what Iamunanimousinthat told me)

It was more the temporal stuff that I was on about, but it should be fine with the conceptual shenanigans.

Sorry for commenting here, but I think we should just put people who are erased from history but still remembered, back to Mid-Godly, and properly explain how the ability works for a solid High Godly rating.

What about dudes who are living timelines? Will they get high godly regen if they got destroyed, or will it just be mid godly?

What about dudes who are living timelines? Will they get high godly regen if they got destroyed, or will it just be mid godly?
Well that would fall under case by case, that would depend if they are remembered after being erased, if they are, then it's not high tier history erasure, and thus It doesn't qualify for a proper High Godly rating, but, if they aren't, then it is High Godly.

Well that would fall under case by case, that would depend if they are remembered after being erased, if they are, then it's not high tier history erasure, and thus It doesn't qualify for a proper High Godly rating, but, if they aren't, then it is High Godly.
Cosmology needs to be taken into account as well, since some cosmologies, especially verses that work up with multiverses, don't take into account time paradoxes or completely ignore them even with such an erasure, and thus they should still qualify for High Godly. At least, that's what I think. Verses that have indications of having 2nd temporal dimensions or hypertimelines should also fall under this, with the right circumstances,since the erased information can also be stored in the other temporal dimension, or either both within the lower spacetimes and the higher flow of time in the hypertimeline's case.in these cases, you could have an History EE and avoid paradoxes, in a sense.

Feel free to correct me though, I'm far from the best in cosmology stuff.

Also sorry for the non authorized comment.

Last edited:
Cosmology needs to be taken into account as well, since some cosmologies don't take into account time paradoxes or completely ignore them.
Yeah, but the fact that someone who was erased in history level still remembered, means that the interactions, actions, etc the character has done still happened, even the things destroyed by that characters still remain as it was. And thus, that character goes completely against the means of the ability, which means history erasure, and thus, is contradicted, no matter the cosmolgy and the verse settings that verse has. One thing is time paradox inmunity, and the other is history erasure, for example, we only got one on DBH with Zamasu, but countless examples of time paradox inmunity where a new timeline is created, and thus, we can't assume that Zamasu deserves a proper High Godly rating.

So characters like DBH Zamasu are good example of Who doesn't meet ALL the criteria for High Godly regen through history erasure.

Read what I said above.
Yes, and I already answered, the history erasure statements in DBH are pretty much contradicted, or simply the verse settings portray the ability in some way that It doesn't meet the criteria for the ability at all. So if verse cosmolgy doesn't qualify, It doesn't qualify. History erasure means that all the traces you hace done, even your entire existance is erased and is like you were never born to begin with, so yeah you know...

Yes, and I already answered, the history erasure statements in DBH are pretty much contradicted, or simply the verse settings portray the ability in some way that It doesn't meet the criteria for the ability at all.
Not that. Discrete 2nd temporal dimensions are a thing. And Heroes stated twice that the timeline is gone, btw.

Also this is derailing. Just jump on Discord for this (even though I don't know your tag)

Not that. 2nd temporal dimensions are a thing. And Heroes stated twice that the timeline is gone, btw.

Also this is derailing
Nope, history erasure makes it that you were never even born to begin with, DBH case is just It doesn't qualify, and, you should've been erased from people's mind.

Also, this is not delaring, this is porttaying an example of characters Who wouldn't qualify. So we should take into count verse cosmologies who shouldn't qualify for this.

Nope, history erasure makes it that you were never even born to begin with, DBH case is just It doesn't qualify, and, you should've been erased from people's mind.
This completely contradicts the feat of Zen-Oh destroying the timeline, since it implies that time wasn't erased and thus Zen-Oh shouldn't be tier 2. But to argue that, you need to argue for 3-A universes

Which brings us back to the other thread:

For this argument to work, all of DBS needs to go down to 3-A. And you would still have problems with Heroes's own stuff, even then.

Also, don't we treat Goku going back to the timeline as PIS, since he's able to breath in the void?

Don't debate DBS here. And keep non-staff comments to a minimum. Cluttering this thread won't do anybody any good.
But is important, becouse we are literally debating how the ability should work, and which characters should get and which not, we are debating the criteria.

This completely contradicts the feat of Zen-Oh destroying the timeline, since it implies that time wasn't erased and thus Zen-Oh shouldn't be tier 2. But to argue that, you need to argue for 3-A universes

Which brings us back to the other thread:

For this argument to work, all of DBS needs to go down to 3-A. And you would still have problems with Heroes's own stuff, even then.

Also, don't we treat Goku going back to the timeline as PIS, since he's able to breath in the void?
Sorry but DBS or not no matter the verse
If someone who is stated to be erased from.history (past, present and possibly future) is still remembered or the actions be performed in the past still happened then that does not qualify for high godly that is what the note should be about in the high godly page

Sorry but DBS or not no matter the verse
If someone who is stated to be erased from.history (past, present and possibly future) is still remembered or the actions be performed in the past still happened then that does not qualify for high godly that is what the note should be about in the high godly page
I already explained that this paradox can be avoided, above.

This logic clearly doesn't apply to DBS, anyway.

I already explained that this paradox can be avoided.
Your explanation is not viable and goes against the basis of being truly erased from.history, unless the said erased is acausal type 1 or 4 or 5, then yes when he is erased he should not be remembered or his past actions. Whether be it time paradox or anything

Your explanation is not viable and goes against the basis of being truly erased from.history, unless the said erased is acausal type 1 or 4 or 5, then yes when he is erased he should not be remembered or his past actions. Whether be it time paradox or anything
It doesn't go against anything, it's just how 2nd temporal dimensions work.

And if there isn't any, Zen-Oh shouldn't be tier 2. AKA we can't argue this unless Zen-Oh goes down to 3-A. It's as simple as that

Last edited:
Back