• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Power of the Verse from Verse pages

I personally think that it is an important niché and that we should probably figure out a way to restructure the power of the verse section to turn more useful instead of deleting it, but I do not feel strongly about the issue. It depends on if any of you are willing to do the work of removing the section from all of our verse pages.

However, we also need to rewrite our verse page construction instructions, including regarding adding new "Scaling" sections.
I'd to include recent tier 4 changes in Ben 10, under presumption that Power of the verse will turn into a scaling section, i added scaling chain within Power of the verse, will i have to create separate section for it rather than adding it within "Power of the verse"?

Scaling (Optional)​

• This section should accurately explain which feats are applicable to characters and entities within the verse and how they "scale" amongst them. Examples of how to portray this could include
    • A scaling chain which lists off characters based on their relative strength to each other, e.g. (Dark Knight Accounts > PoH >= Goddess Accounts > Gabriel > EoA Kirito >>> Star King Kirito)
    • A brief excerpt of what feats apply to which characters.
    • Power or grading systems that may place characters in certain realms of power relative to each other.
    • Outliers or feats that may not be applicable to characters at current.
    • A potential list of in-verse "Tiering", with reasoning as to why characters are in each tier.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.Show the draft text here please.
🙏🙂
Here you go.

Last edited:
I should bring up that some verses have a "Power of the Verse" section, yet not a "Calculations" section. What should we do in cases like this?
Well, Reiner suggested informing verse supporters of the changes first as it would be easier for people who know these verses to add certain sections. Verses that haven't been updated in a while could be fixed with a bot or just doing the editing ourselves, which I would volunteer fgor.

I should bring up that some verses have a "Power of the Verse" section, yet not a "Calculations" section. What should we do in cases like this?
Just add a Calculations section of accepted calcs. Stuff that's already accepted and applied in profiles from the get-go shouldn't need a CRT to be added again, it's like adding references, you're not changing any statistics.

On second thought, wouldn't the easiest solution here be to simply disallow usage of subjective "this worse is very strong/weak", "this verse is somewhat strong/weak", et cetera statements within the "Power of the Verse" sections via an official instruction rule? The rest of the information within those sections does not seem to cause any harm and is likely recurrently useful for visitors who want a quick overview.
But isn't it more useful and easily applied to simply instruct our members to keep those sections updated, to avoid subjective statements, etc., meaning to allegorically renovate the house in a sensible manner, rather than tear down the entire building to build a new one?
I personally think that it is an important niché and that we should probably figure out a way to restructure the power of the verse section to turn more useful instead of deleting it
These are still my views regarding the "Power of the Verse" sections, but I think that the new "Scaling" section instructions draft seems good.

Scaling (Optional)​

• This section should accurately explain which feats are applicable to characters and entities within the verse and how they "scale" amongst them. Examples of how to portray this could include
    • A scaling chain which lists off characters based on their relative strength to each other, e.g. (Dark Knight Accounts > PoH >= Goddess Accounts > Gabriel > EoA Kirito >>> Star King Kirito)
    • Power or grading systems that may place characters in certain realms of power relative to each other.
    • A potential list of in-verse "Tiering", with reasoning as to why characters are in each tier.

Here you go.
Bump, would like to see what staff think about this, that way we could move forward with this revision since it seems it would be quite sizeable

@AKM sama @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr. Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath @Dereck03

Your input would be very appreciated regarding the following posts. 🙏

Scaling (Optional)​

Here you go.
Looks good to me.

Scaling (Optional)​

Here you go.
I'm fine with an option scaling section that explains what's listed above.

Thank you for your replies. 🙏

And what do you think about my own concerns in my first linked post above?

And what do you think about my own concerns in my first linked post above?
Regarding the Power of the Verse section?

I do agree, it causes no real harm but we definitely should get rid of terms like "this verse is strong/weak" and so on. It's a niche thing that can still provide information, though the scaling section still can go into important information. Honestly, if people want it to remain as an optional thing or whatever that's fine in my opinion just do away with those useless terms you mentioned. My stance hasn't really changed since the first time I commented.

On second thought, wouldn't the easiest solution here be to simply disallow usage of subjective "this worse is very strong/weak", "this verse is somewhat strong/weak", et cetera statements within the "Power of the Verse" sections via an official instruction rule? The rest of the information within those sections does not seem to cause any harm and is likely recurrently useful for visitors who want a quick overview.

We can still add a new "Scaling" section to our standard layout instructions though.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Verse_Pages
I think with the way this revision has gone, the new "Scaling" section will be replacing the Power of the Verse section due to it functionally being the same but with less "subjectivity".
From how I look at it, "Power of the Verse" feels like something that invites people making somewhat more subjective pieces like "This verse is strong with Tier 8 characters and Concept Manipulation" because you are describing the power of the verse in a scaling sense rather than just from the lens of the verse.
With the scaling section, you have to call to scaling confined to the verse itself and calcs within the verse, giving readers a quick way to get important information on characters and info available
But isn't it more useful and easily applied to simply instruct our members to keep those sections updated, to avoid subjective statements, etc., meaning to allegorically renovate the house in a sensible manner, rather than tear down the entire building to build a new one?
I think even with the new scaling section, things not being updated, especially verse pages, can still happen. If anything it falls upon verse supports to keep pages like this updated, but I don't think we're tearing down the entire building, we're essentially applying new foundation to the house to help prop it up better.
I personally think that it is an important niché and that we should probably figure out a way to restructure the power of the verse section to turn more useful instead of deleting it.
I wouldn't know how we could restructure it, but maybe something along the lines of actually P&As? And potentially how strong those may be, especially if stuff is smurf hax or "layered". If we go with this, we could simply change it to "Powers of the verse"

Last edited:
I still think that it is unnecessary and overzealous to completely get rid of all the powers and abilities sections, rather than just the bad parts of them. There is still useful information within many of them, so all of this would be lots of work for no true benefit, and I think that the information there would act as a good complement to sections explaining the scaling.

Last edited:
I still think that it is unnecessary and overzealous to completely get rid of all the powers and abilities sections, rather than just the bad parts of them. There is still useful information within many of them, so all of this would be lots of work for no true benefit, and I think that the information there would act as a good complement to ones explaining the scaling.
We could go with my last suggestion, turn it into "Powers of the verse" and take some of the P&A and Hax sections of the old one and put them there.

I still think that it is best to just clean up the power of the verse sections by removing "this verse is strong/weak" mentions, make them more matter of fact, and add scaling sections right underneath them.

Back