• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing the word "Human" from LS/Speed ratings and profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Continuing from this message wall thread from May.

The Attack Potency/Durability pages have had that word removed to make the ratings shorter for a while now. The Tiering System was also just updated to reflect that change.

The remaining orders of business are:
  1. Deciding what new ratings the Lifting Strength and Speed pages should have (i.e. I personally think that "Superhuman" should be fine to stay, and it seems agreed to reduce "Below Average Human" to "Below Average")
  2. Actually implementing these changes site-wide, including the Attack Potency/Durability changes which haven't been universally applied yet.
(As a smaller purely-cosmetic change this should be fine to progress alongside the flood of CRTs)

EDIT: I just noticed from this new forum's features that there was an earlier thread to make the LS/Speed ratings consistent, at the time they agreed on putting both as "Below Average Human" and such. This may weigh into everyone's decision about whether to change them now, but even if they stay the same, point 2 should still be finished.

I think it was generally agreed below average human was more preferred among staff. Since "below average" seems a bit vague or makes people wonder "Below average compared to what?"

I mean, I do agree with that decision, but in that thread Ogurtsow said that "Below average level" was agreed upon, at least for AP/Dura, then suggested a similar change to LS/Speed.

I edited in a link to the thread I think you're talking about in my OP, I didn't notice it until today.

Ah, I see, I mean I don't see the problem with Below Average Human level for tiers. If the reason has something to do with 4 words, stuff like High Complex Multiverse level also has just as many words.

Yeah I'm against this

"Below Average" doesn't work since the average is left up yo the imagination and since we're using human physical capabilities it's a good idea to actually mention that

This is a staff (and honorary staff) only thread.

In any case, the main problem here is that "Below Average Human level" looks too long and awkward for our character statistics. "Below Average level" is considerably more convenient in that regard.

However, if the rest of the staff is against this, I will have to change back the tiering system and attack potency pages to "Below Average Human" instead.

@Hellbeast

No problem.

Anyway, given that AKM sama agrees with the rest of you, it seems like I am outvoted, so I will change the Tiering System and Attack Potency names for this.

According to this google search there's 599 pages on the wiki that say "Below Average level" when we'd ideally want them to be "Below Average Human level". Is this something that could be handled by a bot?

Also, our AP, SS, and Dura pages say "Athlete Class/level", is it fine to stay this way or should that also be changed to "Athletic Human Class/level"?

Just wanna make sure all our bases are covered so we don't need another thread like this down the line.

There should be far fewer character profile pages than 599 that use this phrasing though.

Agnaa:

Athlete is a more specific reference to human activity though.

I'm perfectly content with leaving that one untouched, I do think it's much more fitting than just "Below Average".

AKM:

I hope that Promestein, Amelia, or Elzhaa would be willing to handle it, given that you are already so busy.

Thank you very much Elizhaa. You are also awesome.

However, I am afraid that Below Average Class also needs to be changed to Below Average Human Class.

I do not think so. I will close this thread.

Just a note that our Lifting Strength page currently has the ratings Below Average Human, Regular Human, and Above Average Human.

Would somebody be willing to use a mass-editing script to fix all of the pages that use Regular Human so they say Average Human instead please?

Consistency and accuracy are important. Currently the rating system looks stupid and incoherent.

Also, this is a thread for staff and members with genuinely useful and valuable input only.

Look, in this case it is just about an illogical inconsistency in our naming process.

Street level is fine, and goes beyond peak human. Please stop interfering and derailing.

Just a note that our Lifting Strength page currently has the ratings Below Average Human, Regular Human, and Above Average Human.

Would somebody be willing to use a mass-editing script to fix all of the pages that use Regular Human so they say Average Human instead please?
I would appreciate help with solving this problem.

The changes seem fine; the Lifting Strenght page would need Regular Human to be updated to Average Human if the changes are to be made.

I would have help with the edits but an error occurred where my bot tab doesn't show up anymore so I can't do complete automatic bot edit with my bot.
I got advice from Promestein on contacting the MediaWiki site to fix the error; I am looking to fix the error via contacting the developer as I was advised by contacting the MediaWiki site.

I did make a list of profiles that should be affected, to help.

Last edited:
DDM: This still needs to be done

Oh, I misread Elizhaa's text. Nvm, but would be appreciated to have a Bot take care of this stuff, yes.

The bot tab is gone for me too but I've done large sets of edits like this mostly manually before. I'll get to it later today, I have a busy morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back