• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
What am I doing though? I'm asking legitimate questions. I'm not trying to offend you.
You're coming off as a bit condescending.

You can talk to me in my wall if you want any answers to questions.For now we should focus on the match.

Shoot. Archie Sonic has so many amazing abilities to discuss but always gets prevented of being even mention cause of the FateHax.

Oh, of course. I'm just curious. I mean, it can't be bad righting, right? Everyone says how good the Archieverse is. They wouldn't write a scenario that makes so there's literally zero stakes in the entire series. They're not hacks who would write a story with an invincible protagonist. This is Sonic, not a trashy Isekai. Like, that has nothing to do with a battle board, but of how Sonic would need to do stuff in-series, or not need to do stuff.

I will explain in the best of my words why Ian run was good

So pretty much Sonic's fate hax is a extension of a already existing Sega mandate that Sonic can't lose, so in a Meta way every Sonic has fate hax, thanks to the mandate, but Flynn wanted to put that in the canon leading to Eggman becoming crazy

So pretty much after Sonic was able to rise again for a gigantic loss and losing his home by Eggman and yet beat him again Eggman went insane for how Sonic could beat him even tho he controlled 99% of the planet, until he figure it out

Eggman figured out that Sonic was the embodiment of chaos, that he will always win, that's how he is able to beat him, so with that idea Eggman starts to work on the Idea that the chaos is constant, that he had to predict the unpredicable, that way he had the idea of the Genesis Wave, to rewrite reality to remove Sonic's chaos factor, and meanwhile managed to robotized Sally

Tdl.lr, fate hax is the manifestation of a mandate in canon and lead to one of the coolest arcs about Eggman's character leading to the Genesis Wave and Mecha Sally

...you admittedly piqued my non-sarcastic interest with talk of Mecha Sally.
It was part of Eggman's the chaos is constant plan, and how to counter attack Sonic's chaos factor

I would like to note that the editorial mandate (and therefore the in verse justification) doesn't preclude setbacks that last long enough to be counted as a loss, like when sonic got sent halfway across the universe.

Continue.

No seriously. Please do. I wanna hear how he did it. And not in the "your suffering gives me pleasure so please tell me how Sally suffered" kind of way but because this actually sounds interesting.

Wokistan said:
I would like to note that the editorial mandate (and therefore the in verse justification) doesn't preclude setbacks that last long enough to be counted as a loss, like when sonic got sent halfway across the universe.
The mandate does say Sonic can lose temporarily, just not in a permanent way

Yeah and I mean that due to that it can't be used to just say "sonic finds some random way to win every vs thread due to fatehax" because wins don't need to be permanent to be wins. Editorial mandate or not it's still bound by feats.

Also, fatehaxing a dude with more AP doesn't really mean much.

tbf he also gets c worded (why is this even banned?) by the mandate because part of it is that he can't have a permanent relationship so you gain some, lose some I guess

I don't know, maybe Sonic could seal them via Chaos Powers, or BFR them in the Zone of Silence. I mean if he's being relegated to just his Super Form it's not in character for him to do either, but other Super forms (Super Shadow and Turbo Tails) have BFR'd before and I believe Knuckles or Finitevus was the one to seal someone (probably Enerjak or someone like that). But if they don't have resistance to BFR or can't get out of it, then Sonic could do that, but that's just my thoughts.

Didn't Sonic have his kids deleted from history and it like...broke him?
That was the timeline from Mobius 25 years later which is separeted from the main one, but it did happen cause of his time travel but he did have the same kids again later after beating King Shadow

Yeah it helps and he's still a fairly strong character even without that if you give him all the gear (Draining a 2-A actually is more impressive than lower AP since that's what was drained, after all) but it doesn't mean he just auto wins against anyone else without fate if there just isn't a way for him to. Looking at you Sonic vs Deathsinger Twins

I'd liken it to Contessa's power in a way. It shows her the steps she needs to take to just win at things, but sometimes it won't work because there just isn't a way to win given the circumstances.

I always find that trait about Archie Eggman so impressive. He figures out his enemy is always fated to win against him yet he doesn't give up. He keeps working his brain over and over again, trying to figure out how to beat the unbeatable.

I mean, how many villains can you say that realize his/her enemy/hero is always going to beat them from support of a higher power but they still go at it, never giving up even though they know they are also fighting that higher power at the same time.

Sonic shouldn't win, Joker just nukes him with Sinful Shell.

This is base Sonic, so he doesn't have that much hax and Joker resists what he does have. If you say immortality type 8, Yaldabaoth also had that and look where that got him. If you say fatehax, that doesn't help when Joker has high enough AP and Persona Affinities to just shrug off Sonic's attacks. Unless Fatehax straight up makes Philemon come and smite Joker for god knows what, Joker wins.

>Joker ain't resisting Sonic's level of Fatehax as it worked on Mammoth Mogul who is a type 4 acasual.

>Fatehax prevents Sonic from dying by Sinful Shell.

>Sonic has several ways of bypassing dura through matter manip.

>If allowed Sonic can use the Sword of Acorns which is GG for Joker.

>Joke through sheer AP can't bypass his type 8.

@Edwardtruong2006 Haven't you hear the news? Base Archie Sonic has been bumped up to Low 2-C.

Name me one way Sonic csn kill Joker, I'll wait

Don't say matter manip, Joker resists that

I'd imagine the FateHax would work like it did against Megaman. Since both Sonic and Ren are heroic at heart, they would cease fighting and become friends.

Note when Megaman decided to stop fighting Sonic and try to have an honest conversation. It was after Megaman had the home field advantage and support. After Megaman's side became stronger than Sonic that Megaman choose to talk it out with Sonic.

@Oblivion Of The Endless may not for SBA but it's a very realistic way for this fight to go. Sonic is very good at making quick friends and Ren loves making Social Links with people who aren't bad natured.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Name me one way Sonic csn kill Joker, I'll wait

Don't say matter manip, Joker resists that
-2-A drain and null if SOA is allowed.

-Sonic can amp his stats with power rings.

-Where does Joker resist matter manip? I don't see it.Also Sonic could use Molecular manip which is different from matter manip and just deteriorate Joker away.

Thatsafloridathing said:
Sonic FRA, Joker doesn't resist fate hax on Sonic's level, it's just too broken.
Fatehax doesn't help him if he can't kill Joker.

Sonic doesn't have the Sword of Acorns as that's optional equipment and his only other hax that bypasses durability (Matter manip) gets resisted.

How is he going to kill Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back