• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
17 years old:check

Time powers:check

Both hate arrogant blondies:check

So why not?

-this is Eyes of Heaven Jotaro

-Ren can use the powers from all routes.

-Speed is equalised and both are in Character.

-Battle takes place at Cairo,Egypt.

Ren Fuji (2)

Ultra Instinct Jotaro

well i'm pretty sure that's the case. Though I don't think ren can get around the time stop off the bat but at least he can slow down? Idek where this would go...and 5-B is only EFF so slow and speed passive

This is 5-B Ren so I assume he start in EFF. Can Jotaro resist having his speed massively slowed? His profile only mentions minor resistance to stop time, does that apply to reduce speed? If he can resist he probably wins with RO, if he can't Ren makes him a statue and slices his neck. I'd say speed equal gives Ren a huge advantage and may not even make any difference without if Jotaro can't resist EFF anyway.

This fight is kind of whonky in terms of speed. It's equalized, but Ren Fuji's speed feats are via using his time acceleration? So he can't accelerate faster than Jotaro?

I'm going to assume that he can accelerate faster than Jotaro, for the sake of clarity.

It doesn't really matter. Jotaro should be able to initially react to Ren as he begins to accelerate time and get off a time-stop. Jotaro has done it many times in EOH and in anime, so it's not out of character for him by any means.

IF this was canon Jotaro, I think you could make a case for Ren resisting time stop, but seeing as how EOH DIO could nullify ACT4 whom had the ability to function in stopped time, and could also nullify GER who had the ability to completely erase a universal timestop, I think it's clear that the Over Heaven stands are supposed to be the ultimate in time manipulation. Therefore I believe Jotaro can stop time with Ren being unable to do anything.

Once time is stopped Jotaro punches him once and erases his very concept.

His time accel might be enough, but if you can resist time stop, you can resist time slow, as it's just an infinitely inferior version.

Jotaro can move normally in altered time, but at the cost of his own timestop time. (Which is 5 seconds in canon, unknown in EOH)

Not only that but he can also think and see even after he uses up his timestop time.

though its important to move. Thinking yes but if he can't act then...

Yes, and Jotaro can move in stopped time which is infinitely more potent than slowed down time.

Therefore he should be able to use his own timestop time in order to function normally within the slowed down time. If he ever comes close to running out of time, Star Platinum can punch Jotaro and just re-write reality so that he can stop time for an hour.

It doesn't matter, he can function normally in passive acceleration if he can function normally in stopped time. He will always 100% get off the timestop first.

Not how the acceleration works.

Ren accelerates himself, making himself thousands of times faster in a few seconds. There's nothing for Jotaro to resist.

Oh, right.

This fight makes no sense with speed equalized and with Ren's speed feats being solely based on accelerated time, so I can't really give you an answer on who would stop time first or not then.

If speed equalized means they both start at MFTL and Ren can accelerate past that, then I believe Jotaro will still get off timestop first. He's stopped time before Crazy Diamond, a MFTL stand just as physically capable compared to SPlat and maybe even managed to punch him.

Uhh

Inconclusive I guess?

Also I can guarantee Diamond's acceleration is nowhere near as fast as Ren

It also entirely depends on how Ren kills him, too.

If he does anything less than destroying the brain, than Jotaro would still be able to use Star Platinum and heal his injuries with reality overwrite... and stop time as well.

Ren Fuji starts by Slicing the neck which in turn gives the opponent a curse from a Marie

So yeah, Jotaro dies if he doesn't stop first

So his head falls off from the power of a 1-A?

I don't see anti-Regenerationn on Marie's profile, so nothing stops Star Platinum from reviving Jotaro.

It's on Ren's own profile.

"can inflict conceptual damage as well as negate immortality and Regenerationn with his Holy Relic (via cutting the opponents neck)"

"The Relic carries a unique ability: Replicating Marie's curse, Ren can negate immortality and Regenerationn by cutting at his target's neck (even if the target in question can survive decapitation), beheading them in the process if it successfully makes contact."

It's also on Marie's own.

Is cursed so that anyone whose soul and power isn't equal to or greater than her own will be instantly decapitated if they touch her, bypassing any form of immortality and Regenerationn,

It's a curse from a 1A.

You don't need to state it can negate regen because resurection from a 1A death without feats is immensely NLF

But if you insist.

The curse can Kill Any LDO member as long as it lands, and Every Single one has Low to Mid Godly regen

That's negating Regenerationn though, not preventing Star Platinum from reversing time or rewriting reality in another way so as to bypass the curse. Maybe re-directing the curse with reality overwrite? Perhaps summoning a new Jotaro and bestowing his stand into that one? He's learned the menger sponge affect by looking at D4C, not too far off to outright copy his ability.

Anyways, with speed equalized it's hard to determine whether or not Jotaro can stop time before Ren can accelerate his time.

With speed normal Jotaro stops time and erases Ren thanks to a massive speed advantage, resulting in a stomp.

Inconclusive FRA.

This still makes no sense, why can he resist being affected by slow time? The only thing his profile states he has is "Minor time stop resistance", he doesn't have time anything like Time manipulation, just because he can move during stop time doesn't mean he would resist being slowed, and if he can shouldn't that be in his profile power/abilities then?

With speed equalized Ren can just accelerate himself while slowing Jotaro and finish him off, just as Jotaro also can Time Stop at the same time, does Jotaro uses Time Stop in-character from the get go? Because Ren always goes straight for the neck as quickly as possible.

I'd say it's either Ren's win, or Inconclusive.

Because resisting tme stop is the same as resisting slowed down time, only the former is much much more potent. It doesn't matter anyway cause the sped up time is exlucsive to Ren, not Jotaro so he would never be affected by it.

With speed equalized, they both must take a single action before either one can win. Ren must accelerate time, Jotaro must stop time. It is inconclusive because we don't know who can perform which first.

If it was unequalize, Jotaro would stop time first because of greater reaction speeds.

Inconclusive still.

" Because resisting tme stop is the same as resisting slowed down time, only the former is much much more potent."

I see, I'll keep in mind from now on, thanks for clearing it up, though I think the description of Time Stop should have something like "those that can resist time stop can also resist any type of individual time manipulation, excluding time travel" or something like that just to avoid future misunderstandings, though that's just my opinion.

Though I can understand the logic behind Slow Time being a weaker variation of Time Stop, when analyzed as individual skills it can be separated such as when certain character has immunity to some hax but can be affected by another, even if they have similar properties.

But that's a whole other issue anyway.

Inconclusive it remains.

I have a question. What if Jotaro were to use reality overwrite on his relic? I know there's a 1-A curse imbued inside of it, but could he manipulate it in anyway such as change it's size to microscopic proportions, or perhaps teleport it away from Ren entirely? It's not interacting with the 1-A curse whatsoever.

ok to put it into perspective his relic is marie herself and can replicate a curse she had (the decapitation curse).

Back