• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Renaming Ultra Instinct "Omen" to Ultra Instinct -Sign-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying that that's what it's referred to in English.

Dokkan's was translated from Japanese, though; this is the official English name for it.

It's literally a synonym of the same word. Multiple sources called it omen, Herms translated it as omen, and frankly, omen sounds much better, so I don't see the need to change it.

Which multiple sources had it as that in English? Not to mention Herms' translation isn't > an official source.

(Dokkan Battle is hardly official since it calls Kefla Kefura while the actual show cause her Kefla.)

Can you confirm that english name comes from an official source which has done the translations? Can you also produce more than one source showing -sign- (which is a synonym of omen)? Otherwise I'm going to close this.

You're essentially saying, "No I don't want to cause it sounds cooler." Can you show me one official source which uses Omen in English? Herms doesn't count.

Sorry Aeyu that's not how that works.

You have no proof that this is even official.

Herms doesn't count? The wiki uses him for virtually every DB translation, and he determined the word kizashi was best translated as "Omen" from a Dragon Ball Heroes poster, and the name of the Ultra Instinct Goku action figure. Mind you this is your thread, so you can't shift the burden of proof onto me.

First of all the link goes to a non-existent page (though I found what you were referring to), and just because the Dokkan wiki shows "-sign-", doesn't mean it was translated by an official or reliable source. At this point we're just supposed to take your word for it that it's official, over a trusted and reliable translator who translated two other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back