• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Replying to an older content revision thread posted here about DC hierarchy - Mandrakk related

Status
Not open for further replies.

This reply is in regards to this thread linked above and a discussion between Xearesay and and a few others in regards to Mandrakk stuff. I came late to the discussion, sorry. Been busy. Reading through this thread linked above almost gave me a heart attack.

2LXYS36.jpeg

Limbo was cited as a totally empty void in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 worlds. A white void with nothing in it.

2.jpg

However, the reason this was shown as empty and nothing, but Superman Beyond's arc showed it as full of things, is because Limbo as a concept is shared both in comic, and out. And that is where scalers fall off the cliff on this topic. DC Comics has it's own Limbo. The one in the text. In the ink. In the story.

q5UyhK3.png

But the context of the Monitors of Final Crisis is that they are not from the ink and text, they are from the literal page margins Void. Here, the author confirms that is what Mandrakk is.

WiqHIxv.jpeg

Nil is nothing. Nil is the personification of control factor from the Overvoid, just as the Monitors are projected thoughts of the Overvoid and not physical or even qualify as concepts. They are something else and above entirely.
zy9EJsH_d.webp

More so, you are calling the Overvoid a Void when that is not the context. Void is something. Void is a thing. The Overvoid is nothing. Absence of. No thing. Lacking Is. And the author explains clearly that the context of this is exterior fictional Plane Time and also exterior Cube Time, which he cites as nonfictional in context.

You can see that explained here directly:

And also here in text form, double reinforced.
cDaKaM8_d.webp

Mandrakk is the corruption of the Overvoid. The comic says so.
m30psfY.jpeg

It says he came from the Overvoid as the first son of Monitor. And the word Monitor was used 13 times in Final Crisis to reference Overvoid and not Mar Novu. Guys and gals. 13 is a lot of confirmations. The contaminated part of Monitor, until the Overvoid, the mind of monitor engulfs him. It was never referenced even slightly that Mandrakk is a split of Mar Novu. Mandrakk is the corruption that was splintered off of the Overvoid when it felt contaminated. Monitor does not have the context of being Dax Novu in Final Crisis's version.

If you want to find out what another author thinks of Nil, here is Mr. Steve Orlando answering my questions about it. Here, he confirms that Mandrakk in the Unexpected 2018 series is essentially the Overvoid personifying it's own darkness. A two in one definition, akin to Jesus and Yahweh being the same but separate. Mr. Orlando relates to me that he is not sure if Grant wanted this in his series or not, and he cannot speak for Grant, but that in his series this is true.

vqAUONA.jpg

Where does Vsbattles place the Presence and the Source? Place the Monitors of Nil higher because the author here says they can stand against the Presence and actually are above him.
r75snvJ.jpg

Directly confirmed the Presence is below the Monitors of Nil and Mandrakk

1GmFybq.jpg

And for those who don't believe CAS is all story and all stuff, and that Mandrakk is the not stuff, here is another confirmation that I never see used around here.

JUR7RCW.jpg

I am not going to start a hostile debate but someone in that thread I linked above was not being honest about what happened in the Metal series and what happened in the Unexpected series.
Read these statements from The Unexpected series author. I asked him about the Fires of Destruction and Creation. Neon and Alden got the entire power of the Forge. The Forge specifically made them to combat Mandrakk if he returned.

1cmWd9f_d.webp

This Forge is not powered by Perpetua. Perpetua was imprisoned at this time and not fueling it. The Source fuels this. The source gifted power to the Forge so that Alpheus can continue his work. Perpetua was cut off, so the argument that Perpetua was fueling this Forge and it was half the power of Perpetua still doesn't work well for those who argue Perpetua > Mandrakk now does it? That isn't a fraction of the Forge, that is the entire Creation and Destruction of the Forge given to them.

And a depowered Mandrakk no sold this.
main-qimg-c5c0de3d330701f429584df865c64314-lq

The only thing that The source was capable of doing to a depowered Mandrakk was to change what toppings Mandrakk can have on his pizza. Combat was out of the question. Mandrakk drops to his knees, gave up, and stopped fighting. This isn't a defeat. He gave up and the game wasn't fun anymore. This is like someone pouring hot sauce on your food that doesn't usually have hot sauce on it during an eating competition. You will get up and leave. That is what Mandrakk did. Again, we asked the author about Mandrakk vs the Presence and the Presence was not the winner.

So where is the Presence scaled? Mandrakk automatically gets scaled beyond that value.

And I don't even want to hear that Mandrakk is a split of Mar Novu in these two series. Enough already, the guidebook debunked this in 2014.
lxoPGSE.jpg

Reborn as Mandrakk, not split. Dax didn't split. His emotions did and it was a constant struggle for dark vs the light. Dark won. That's the split. Not a physical one. And once more, Monitor referenced as Overvoid, not Mar Novu, and not Dax. "You are the corrupt part of Monitor!"

Where do you scale the Overvoid? Beyond the Source according to Geoff Thorne.
main-qimg-2f2a2f7c38088f6f555a1dca2c79e5fa-pjlq

But all authors do not agree with each other, that is what singling out canons and series is important and you cannot generalize.
main-qimg-b2288683e2eea3d6c5da45d997d51bce-pjlq

The Source in some series is different than others. Context matters. Fan theory blurring all this is not the right way to educate others.

Tis' not the Source that is related to the Overvoid in this series, it has no interface with the Monitor Mind. The only thing that did, was Nix Uotan.

qVRB7S0.jpg

Characters in different series have different context, and generalizing them all into one salad bowl for feats and context is only acceptable in a vsbattle debate discussion where any and all events and series feats or mentions are included. The highest feats and the lowest anti feats. However, for wiki needs, all of these things need to be cited as separate viewpoints by authors that conflict.

As mentioned, even the guidebook author confirmed this.

y2EBAEh.jpg

What bugs me here on this thread is that many debaters believe these eyes are the Overvoid. They aren't. They are Dax Novu looking at the Flaw.

That's Mandrakk...looking at existence itself. The Flaw of all there is. Recall that everything not the Overvoid is what the Overvoid bottled. Everything.
Everything means everything. Fans are saying otherwise here because they seem to dislike that notion.

Everything, all the Is. Every character. The Presence, Lucifer, the Source, the Hands, Perpetua, the Source Wall, everything is everything.

This is very simple stuff to look at. Everything is explained by the authors and writers, in the comics, and also in the guidebook, and then double confirmed by the authors of the guidebook, both of them.

Where you scale the Source and the Presence? Drop them down a tier, and replace them with CAS, Mandrakk, and the Nil Monitors. Or, we can continue to be biased and ignore truth and respect of the content creators. Fans have the right to do that.

Bump, while i am not acknowledged in dc's cosmology, a lot of stuff here is new info i never saw, and i think it holds merit

It was never referenced even slightly that Mandrakk is a split of Mar Novu.
Mandrakk being a split of Mar Novu was confirmed in Justice League. The author also confirmed it during an interview.

here is Mr. Steve Orlando answering my questions about it
You have never once substantiated the claim that Steve Orlando said any of these things. You're posting screenshots of your post from ComicVine, not statements from a public interview he did.

Neon and Alden got the entire power of the Forge. The Forge specifically made them to combat Mandrakk if he returned.
There's no evidence to suggest Neon and Alden had the "entire power of the Forge" nor is there a reason to think that the forge scales to the Source.

Where do you scale the Overvoid? Beyond the Source according to Geoff Thorne.
None of these statements reference the Overvoid, and why would we care what Geoff Thorne thinks about a character written by Grant and Scott Snyder?

0/10. Not a very good post.

I'll be basically the middle man between a friend of mine who was recently banned and the post. He has permission from @Agnaa to do this.

Screenshot of this

Limbo was cited as a totally empty void in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 worlds. A white void with nothing in it. However, the reason this was shown as empty and nothing, but Superman Beyond's arc showed it as full of things, is because Limbo as a concept is shared both in comic, and out. And that is where scalers fall off the cliff on this topic. DC Comics has it's own Limbo. The one in the text. In the ink. In the story.
This is not true, Final Crisis has only shown one Limbo and they are the same ones, it never mentioned multiple Limbos.
But the context of the Monitors of Final Crisis is that they are not from the ink and text, they are from the literal page margins Void. Here, the author confirms that is what Mandrakk is.
1: How is this relevant to whether Limbo is a void or not? The Monitors aren't beings that exist in Limbo, they exist beyond it, in the Monitor Sphere. Limbo is literally just a flat disk to them https://preview.redd.it/nsuqyr5lkj641.jpg?auto=webp&s=9357baf54aa0d8b6b3c327b22db9607e24cbcf3c
2: Your scan is from Supergods which is not canon- https://vsbattles.com/threads/dc-comics-remove-possibly-for-the-darkest-knight.141539/post-5095215
3: Mandrakk is not your average Monitor
More so, you are calling the Overvoid a Void when that is not the context. Void is something. Void is a thing. The Overvoid is nothing. Absence of. No thing. Lacking Is. And the author explains clearly that the context of this is exterior fictional Plane Time and also exterior Cube Time, which he cites as nonfictional in context.
In VSBW, void is a term used to refer to nothing- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Manipulation "Void Manipulation, also known as Nothingness Manipulation is the ability to control and manipulate a void: nothingness or non-existence." The Overvoid has also been stated to be a void multiple times. Some examples- https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-90f66dad6fb2c0ea98901eb9c4bb766d-pjlq
Mandrakk is the corruption of the Overvoid. The comic says so.
To be more clear, Mandrakk is the part of the Overvoid that got corrupted.
f you want to find out what another author thinks of Nil, here is Mr. Steve Orlando answering my questions about it. Here, he confirms that Mandrakk in the Unexpected 2018 series is essentially the Overvoid personifying it's own darkness. A two in one definition, akin to Jesus and Yahweh being the same but separate. Mr. Orlando relates to me that he is not sure if Grant wanted this in his series or not, and he cannot speak for Grant, but that in his series this is true. Where does Vsbattles place the Presence and the Source? Place the Monitors of Nil higher because the author here says they can stand against the Presence and actually are above him. Directly confirmed the Presence is below the Monitors of Nil and Mandrakk And for those who don't believe CAS is all story and all stuff, and that Mandrakk is the not stuff, here is another confirmation that I never see used around here.
This is not a verifiable interview. Your screenshots are from your own post from Comicvine, which showed no proof as to the legitimacy of the interview. Numerous problems have also been shown in the comments of your post, that people can read here- https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...and-i-had-a-quick-conversation-about-2092539/

CAS cannot be story when a hyperstory was destroying it(CAS was also explicitly stated to be within the hyperstory) and a story was growing around it https://2.bp.blogspot.com/9YqeWROII..._BAirjt7lcv74jxExm0XcP4-sQxM57wfm9mp_skjss=s0 https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Z1_dovHnd...nV1eUX9rMITKffdLUIjtId8Vgvin19wNipfOui3E9Q=s0
Story also predates CAS https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ESbZ0S8U-...Q_-ekmLkdIjRHT_5LjcywDsyWAC7QRkb6TE8M_yEHU=s0https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ESbZ0S8U-...Q_-ekmLkdIjRHT_5LjcywDsyWAC7QRkb6TE8M_yEHU=s0
I am not going to start a hostile debate but someone in that thread I linked above was not being honest about what happened in the Metal series and what happened in the Unexpected series. Read these statements from The Unexpected series author. I asked him about the Fires of Destruction and Creation. Neon and Alden got the entire power of the Forge. The Forge specifically made them to combat Mandrakk if he returned.
This Forge is not powered by Perpetua. Perpetua was imprisoned at this time and not fueling it. The Source fuels this. The source gifted power to the Forge so that Alpheus can continue his work. Perpetua was cut off, so the argument that Perpetua was fueling this Forge and it was half the power of Perpetua still doesn't work well for those who argue Perpetua > Mandrakk now does it? That isn't a fraction of the Forge, that is the entire Creation and Destruction of the Forge given to them.
Why would Perpetua not powering it equate to Source powering it?
And I don't even want to hear that Mandrakk is a split of Mar Novu in these two series. Enough already, the guidebook debunked this in 2014. Reborn as Mandrakk, not split. Dax didn't split. His emotions did and it was a constant struggle for dark vs the light. Dark won. That's the split. Not a physical one
While I don't think Mandrakk is an aspect of Mar myself, your reasoning is wrong. You cannot use a 2014 scan to debunk a 2019 scan. And your scan never contradicts the 2019 scan either, it says Mandrakk was emotionally split, but it doesn't say he didn't get split from Mar Novu. He could have gotten split from Mar physically and then emotionally
Monitor referenced as Overvoid, not Mar Novu, and not Dax. "You are the corrupt part of Monitor!"

Bolded parts are his response to the OP's post

Last edited:
That user was banned for a good reason. Please don't act as his proxy to circumvent the ban.

I just wanted to point out that the limbos in the Phantom Stranger scan are limbos within the pre-crisis universes, not related to morrison.

So do we need to do anything here, or should this thread be closed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back