• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance Scaling

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
I was wondering this: if two characters are described as equals, would they resist each others' hax? If they didn't, it would seem that one of them could hax stomp the other and they wouldn't really be equals.

For example, The Godwoke is the equal of (if not slightly inferior than) The God King, but the Godwoken is FAR more haxed. Would the God King not get resistances to their hax, since The Godwoken could haxstomp if he didn't?

Does does make sense, or do we assume they are still equals, if only for plot, but they don't resist the opposition's hax unless directly shown?

This doesn't just apply to the two above, it can also apply to other verses. I have a hard time believing that someone like Monster Carrot could beat Zen'ō if he could touch him; and that is a vastly inferior character, not even an equal.

It's up in the air for me.

If two people where considered all around equals but one was far more haxed then he would have used said Hax to beat him but since he is his equal it's logical to assume he has resistance to his hax otherwise he would have lost (unless they are friends and don't want to kill each other so the others Hax wasn't used).

Tho this would only go for characters who are exactly treated as equals as in the case of Zeno vs Monster Carrot, Zeno will blitz and erase before Monster Carrot could blink so his hax wouldn't come into play.

In general i'd say that a bit more proof is needed, like a statement of "I wouldn't be able to kill it in any other way". I'd say that the only resistances that should be assumed like that are are those were the opponent would specifically need to hold back to not kill you (like passive effects for example)

Back