• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to fear manipulation and madness manipulation for every nen user (Hunter x Hunter)

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Should be fairly simple. Every nen user should get resistance to fear manipulation due to having nen of their own.

As shown here, Hisoka was able to fear Gon and Killua and almost killing them due to his Nen. And the only way to protect against that is by having nen yourself.

As such, every nen user should get resistanec to fear manip and madness manip due to having nen.

Also, I'm not really sure about this, but Knov was terrified once he noticed Pouf's aura.

As you can see here, Knov got terrified once he noticied Pouf's aura, despite having an aura himself. Would this possibly grant a higher potency of Fear manipulation for Royal guards?

Another instance is when Meruem literally aged a chimera ant who has nen. He also scared his own royal guards, who have fear haxxed Knov with their aura.

Would this possibly be enough to grant Fear resistance negation or higher potency fear manipulation?

Last edited:
Would this possibly be enough to grant Fear resistance negation or higher potency fear manipulation?
Should be the later and the nen page doesn't have the resistance for fear and madness manipulation already?

Don't worry the chances that these changes will be applied before a new chapter releases are pretty darn good

Don't worry the chances that these changes will be applied before a new chapter releases are pretty darn good
The chances the whole verse is revised before a new chapter releases are also pretty darn good

As shown here, Hisoka was able to fear Gon and Killua and almost killing them due to his Nen. And the only way to protect against that is by having nen yourself.

As such, every nen user should get resistanec to fear manip and madness manip due to having nen.
This much seems fine based on what is presented, they are able to shield themselves from the effects of the aura through their own.

As you can see here, Knov got terrified once he noticied Pouf's aura, despite having an aura himself. Would this possibly grant a higher potency of Fear manipulation for Royal guards?
The simple answer would probably be yes? Stronger aura could very well mean higher potency fear manipulation, however, couldn't it just be the aura itself is strong enough to overwhelm the other's attempt to ward it off and thus they suffer the effects from it?

however, couldn't it just be the aura itself is strong enough to overwhelm the other's attempt to ward it off and thus they suffer the effects from it?
I mean, I guess you could argue that. But IMHO, I believe the former is just much more likely. Besides, there's no mention that if he activated his nen, he could resist the royal guard's nen. Not even a single statement.

As such, I believe the former is a much better option.

Besides, there's no mention that if he activated his nen, he could resist the royal guard's nen. Not even a single statement.
I think with this fact in mind you could say either scenario is as likely, it's overcoming defenses to some capacity it just doesn't specify the means.

What we can probably agree on is that it isn't resistance negation.

Yeah, it isn't negation. That we can agree on.

Though, if it helps, Knov (the guy that saw the royal guards aura) was traumatized for quite a long time.

Also, reading the scene again, it turned out that he activated one of his nen abilities once he saw the royal guards aura, so I believe that the theory his aura was warded off doesn't really work here.
1qlXf3M.jpg

As you can see, his finger was engulfed with nen. As such, he could still very well use his nen, so it's pretty likely that it's a higher fear manip potency.

Also, reading the scene again, it turned out that he activated one of his nen abilities once he saw the royal guards aura, so I believe that the theory his aura was warded off doesn't really work here.
Well, I never implied not being able to ward off the effects defensively meant no abilities could be used at all, unless that's how it works in HxH.

I'll ping @CrimsonStarFallen and @Damage3245 as they consider themselves knowledgeable on the verse.

Well, I guess the other knowledgeable members would judge whether it is higher potency or not.

I thoughthis was already a thing

What about the higher potency fear manip? Abstract thinks the royal guards aura is strong enough to overwhelm the other's attempt to ward it off and thus they suffer the effects from it. Do you agree with them?

It doesn't seem quite like they're using Nen to resist fear and madness itself, so much as using Nen to block the offensive Nen that would cause fear and madness.

Actually agree with Damage, they're not so much as blocking the effects rather they're blocking the thing that causes the effects, and as such, are never actually affected to begin with.

It doesn't seem quite like they're using Nen to resist fear and madness itself, so much as using Nen to block the offensive Nen that would cause fear and madness.
What about the latter one? Where meruem pretty much feared a chimera ant to the point they aged due to stress?

Also, wouldn't it still grant a "Possibly" resistance to fear manip and madness, since it could very well be the former as well?

Back