• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to Heat and Ice for Admirals (One Piece)

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
So this was something I was constantly thinking about, but ultimately needed more input on.

As those who are familiar with One Piece know, Kuzan (Admiral Aokiji) and Sakazuki (Admiral Akainu) fought each other for 10 days straight, and the fight was extremely evenly matched with Akainu barely winning, but got severely scarred for life.

Now, considering that Aokiji managed to put up a fight against Akainu for so long and injured him, and Akainu managed to beat him, I think that Resistance to Heat for Aokiji is pretty clear cut, if he didn't resist heat, he wouldn't have held his own nearly as well.

Akainu, I 'm not very sure if he resisted the Ice Aokiji hit him with, or just naturally burned through it. So I'm less sure he gets Ice Resistance.

I was more so thinking they were just comparable in strength so there attacks can cancel each others attacks out but this makes sense I guess.

I can buy that for Akainu, but Fire is the natural weakness of Ice, and something comparable to it in strength would melt the ice and destroy it quickly.

Resistance to heat-based attacks seems okay for Kuzan.

Sakazuki's resistance is implicit tho. Heat aura would give you said resistance by itself so it'd be redundant.

Yeah it is.

Then again, don't we do the same thing for Whitebeard? Since his quakes stop him from being frozen yet we added Ice Resistance

Now that I think of it, should we add Resistance to Ice Manipulation for Blackbeard since he have Whitebeard's Devil Fruit

But that's because Pops was able to free himself without using heat. Plus, his resistance is limited to being unable to be encased in ice, while Sakazuki should get little to no damage from ice in its entirety.

Should we? Whitebeard resisting Ice is not really him resisting it since he gets frozen, it's just his Devil Fruit can null it

Alright, that's fair

So resistance to heat for Aokiji and Ice for Blackbeard

This is actually something I've agreed with for awhile. Kuzan should have logically been vaporized instantly when clashing against Akainu. Not sure about Akainu tho, you could give his normal body Resistance to ice but I think he still has his heat aura in his normal body like how Ace does.

Hmm not sure I agree. Akainu generates heat while Kuzan takes it away. This seems like standard AP/Stat interaction to me.

Akainu having Freezing Resistance makes some sense thanks to the nature of his powers, it would be difficult to keep him frozen. Less sure about Kuzan since all he can do is actively freeze Akainu's attacks. Those attacks that hit him will still do damage, he can't freeze some part of his body that melts away.

Also I'm pretty sure freezing is going through a change right now anyway after some excellent points were brought up and discussed.

So to sum up I'm not sure either really applies but especially not Kuzan.

Fire equal to Ice in power while being the natural element is more reason to assume the ice resists, not against.

I highly doubt they have resistances. Fire does not Melt Ice instantously, it actually takes a while. It is more plausible that Akoji's Ice is at such cold tempertures that it does not melt as quick as a regular cube of Ice would.

No, again.

Either way I've resistance for Akainu seems kinda redundant, Ice resistance for blackbeard post Gura makes sense

They're both redundant. They each generate/take away heat so of course they have resistance to the reverse.

Both have thr same AP so if Kuzan didn't melt upon clashing with Akainu it'll be treated as a Resistance. The same goes for Akainu, although it would be a bit redundant to add it to his profile. But Natsu has it for essentially the same reason so i don't see why not.

Back