• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Retsu Kaioh vs Ike (Fire Emblem)

Well hey both have fought people from Genshin, so this might be viable

Speed is equalised. Son of Ogre Retsu is being used vs Base Ike, SBA otherwise

The Kaioh: 1

Greil Mercenary: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
The gap might not be that wide tho, doesn't Ike like fight loads of battles against different opponents usually outnumbered at that? Granted Ike's no Musashi but I'd assume he can keep up at least

The thing is that Ike's skill stops, having experienced a wide variety of battlefields and enemies is not that big of a feat in the vast ocean of skill bs outthere. Baki, when he sees this thread, is probably going to post a wall long reply of Retsus feats. Granted, i dont believe in skill stomps being a legitimate stomp, meaning i vote for Retsu for ignoring most of Ike's broken stuff and then pummeling him in close quarter combat.

Nihil shouldn't really come into play here as Retsu's stuff are more like natural martial art techniques afaik. Dura Neg basically sets your defence to 0 so that's your durability gone iirc

Sadly, this match won't be applicable anymore as Baki characters will be downgraded to 8-A...

That being said, they seem similar in might, although Retsu has an edge in outlasting the enemy thanks to Shaori, potentially even strength-wise by using Ike's own power against himself. He should be "faster" by being more skilled, Retsu seems to have a definite and overpowering skill advantage, plus his powers seem to benefit him more in a CQC brawl. However, that being said, Ike has a sword, which not only grants superior reach, but concentrates much more force over a smaller area, and they are close enough in the tier to justify that mattering a lot. Also, he wields magical energy projection, which is certainly something Baki characters aren't ready to defend against, and Retsu is no exception.

If Ike went OOC and stayed afar while blasting Retsu and moving backwards, he could actually pull off a win, but any scenario he gets close is a scenario Retsu beats him down.

Voting Retsu.

Damn my boy Retsu being downgraded, I will say I'm not sure if Shaori could do much if durability gets set to 0 tho no?

That's a good point. The way Shaori works is by dissipating energy by going with the flow, but it has been shown to not be a 100% energy transference method, so Retsu would get cut...

I still think he wins, but with much more difficulty, then.

Back